“Outstanding job!”

Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Outstanding job!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was vacationing in Guadalajara with my tour group and we stayed at this hotel. We left for Mexico City after a few days. However 1/2 way back to Mexico City i realized i left my passport (along with credit cards and other items) locked in my room safe. I called the hotel and spoke with Oscar (i don't know his last name) who was the manager on duty at the time. He assured me they would find a way to get my items back to me. Low and behold the next morning my things were at my airport hotel in Mexico City!!! Thanks to Carlos i was able to catch my flight later that day back to the US! I would have no issues staying at this hotel. Not only was it in a great location, but its staff was amazing (including Mr. Carlos!).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 928KarlW
Citlalli L, Gerente at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest 928KarlW:

Thank you for your kind comments, our goal at Holiday Inn & Suites is guest satisfaction, I'm glad to hear Oscar helped you to continue with your trip back home sending the items back to you. Once again we appreciate your preference ando hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I brought my group to this hotel last month for two nights while we were in Guadalajara.

The location was great as it was a safe walk to tons of restaurants, shops, and historic sites.

The staff was great and polite. The front desk even helped us order pizza delivery for our six year old! Hector who works in the cafe at the front of the hotel was a real delight each morning and I saw him helping countless guests during our stay. Alexia helped us with our group and I communicated with her over email and then when we met in person she was even more delightful.

Our room was really large and very technological which I love. There was also a mini-fridge in the room which came stocked with a few drinks and snacks for free. You can then easily walk across the street to a shop to stock up on anything else you need.

The bathroom seemed to show its age a bit, but was clean and functional. Some rooms face an inner courtyard so you may want or not want to request that based on what some reviewers have said about street noise.

We will be doing this trip again in two years and will be back to the Holiday Inn for sure.

Room Tip: If you're worried about street noise request a room that faces the interior courtyard.
Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ThemeParkReviewTrips
Dear Guest ThemeParkReviewTrips:

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Guadalajara Centro Historico for your group, we appreciate your kind comments, Hector and Alexia are always ready to attend your needs as well as all the members of our staff. I'm glad we helped you to have a succesful trip to this beautiful city and we look forward to seeing you in two years when you do the trip again.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was my first time in Mexico so I was a little nervous. I was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and terrific attitude of everyone I came in contact with at this establishment. I do not feel comfortable speaking Spanish in front of native speakers but that was not a problem. They are able to understand what you need. Josue at the front desk checked me in very quickly but I did not feel rushed. I was only in town for the a few days for a futbol match so I traveled light with just a backpack full of clothes. Javier escorted me to my room. The room I was given was very clean and all of the perks were wonderful. The lights, curtains, radio, TV, air conditioning, do not disturb were all controlled by the computer TV and remote control. I slept like a baby on my single king bed.

The location is perfect for sightseeing. It is close to all of the important sights for that you would want to see. The majority of attractions are in walking distance.

The hotel restaurant staff was also terrific. Very attentive - but you don't feel pressured by them at all. I ate there several times to start and end my days. We discussed my love for the local team. They also have a piano in the restaurant that some times will be played by a very nice gentleman. I recommend sitting at a table on the balcony.

My main purpose for the trip was to see the two most popular futbol teams in Mexico play. Once again, I was given information to help me in my adventures throughout the city. If you need a taxi or want to know where the bus tours are or where the local attractions are, they will help you. The two young guys in the coffee shop even helped with figuring out a website that was in Spanish. You will never feel alone in this hotel. I must give the most praise to the person who gave me the most information and even drove my shuttle to the airport: Gabriel Pena! He is a valuable asset.

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. I would also stay here again the next time I go to GDL.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pedro G
Dear Guest Pedro G:

I'm so excited reading your review, thank you very much for sharing your recent experience in Guadalajara, your description of it is amazing and make me feel very proud of my staff, as you noticed Gabriel is a very valuable part of it. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the facilities of the hotel, and we all hope to see you on your next visit to this beautiful city.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

You can't go wrong choosing Holiday Inn & Suites if you're planning a trip to Guadalajara. Strategically located in the heart of the city, everything is accessible at walking distance - from churches to money exchange, to convenient stores, to authentic local eateries to late night hang out places. Most of all, the hotel staff are very helpful and attentive to your needs. Special thanks to Gabriel (speaks fluent English & very informative), Jesus & Jose. We look forward to another cultural & gastronomic trip to this city. Muchas gracias!

Dos Mujeres from Los Angeles, California

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and comfortable. Complimentary snacks & drinks in the rooms are welcome treats!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest BlancheS453:

Thank you very much for sharing your comments, we appreciate the time you took to write your opinion about our hotel. As you said we are located in the heart of the city close to the main cultural and touristic atractions so it's perfect if you want to see what Guadalajara is really like. We are proud of people like Gabriel, Jesus and José that every day give their best to make our guests feel like home, thanks for mentioning them. We hope to see you soon in this beautiful city.
Frisco, texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

hotel is in an older building, but well maintained. We got a large room on the 3rd floor, with a jaccuzi in the middle. The room was large and spacious, and nicely decorated. Only issue was it face the main street, and so was a little noisy at nights/early morning for those light sleepers. Hotel staff is great, speak English,and are very attentive to all our needs. Hotel even provided us 2 beers, 2 soft drinks (which we exchanged for water) as a welcome gesture.
The best part is that it is walking distance to the historic areas (Plaza des Armes, Cathedral, Govt palace, market etc etc. Also pleanty of nice restaurants around. So a very convenient place all around.
Only issue was the the AC and heating etc is controlled from the TV, which may have been good in its time, but a little archaic now. However, it worked fine, once the hotel staff showed us how to use it. So no issue
Definitely would use again and again

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, then ask for a room away from the main street, on a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Alikarim:

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and your visit to Guadalajara. We appreciate how you describe our hotel and the facilities we provided you, I'm sure other travelers will find it useful too. Thanks again for your preference and will be happy to see you soon.
California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is my 4th stay at this hotel this year, as a businessman I travel all over Mexico and I'm always looking for a great location, excellent staff and a place where I feel safe. In Guadalajara this is the best place to stay. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I cannot say enough about the staff they were all great. Rooms are large and comfortable, excellent wi-fi connections, very good restaurant with out door balcony I had no issues with water or anything else. I will be back again soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest Ignacio O:

First of all thank you for your preference for Holiday Inn & Suites Guadalajara Centro Historico, we are pleased to have loyal customers who value our service and facilities. As you said our location is great for businessman as your self but also for travelers who want to enjoy cultural and touristic sites of this beautiful city. Once again thank you for choosing us everytime you need a hotel in Guadalajara, it's our pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you soon.
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Nice hotel in a good location. Had a junior suite for our ten day stay, it was large, bright and roomy. Good beds.

Would not recommend the restaurant or the room service, think Holiday Inn food should be much better. Coffee shop downstairs is good. Staff are very accommodating and friendly and all speak English. The service was good, the maids and housekeepers helpful.

We will likely come back again.

Room Tip: Junior suite with two Queens good for long stay. Street side 3rd and above noise not bad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Citlalli L, Gerente at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest Kelownakid:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, your opinion is very important for us to improve our service, we have taken actions to provide a better guest experience on our restaurant as you mentioned it was not the quality you expected for a Holiday Inn.

Once again we thank you for your preference hoping to see you on your next visit to our beautiful city.