WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #46 of 125 Hotels in Guadalajara
Nanaimo, Canada
“Holiday Inn Guatalajara”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel is perfectly situated near the central plazas of the city. We had a reasonably priced jacuzzi room. It was very spacious and elegant. The staff were superb and the restaurant and bar were very much first class. The concierge was very helpful. We were even driven to the airport in the hotel shuttle. Over all, we enjoyed the experience tremendously.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GmanagerGuadalajara, Gerente at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all we want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay at the beautiful city of Guadalajara. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. As you mentioned our location is perfect for business or leisure travelers. We apreciatte your description of your suite as spacious and elegant and we are very proud to hear you said our staff service is superb. Thank you again for your kind comments, we hope to see you soon at Holiday Inn & Suites Guadalajara Centro Historico.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice now. It is very central to many things. It is within walking distance to shops, food, money exchange, and sights. We were very satisfied with our service and the room we had was a "smart" one. Your TV remote controls the air, lights, curtains, etc, etc. Free wi-fi is also included which was very helpful to keep in touch while being away from home. Because it is in the centre there can be a lot of traffic, but the noise did not affect us sleeping at night. There is also a cafe and restaurant located within the hotel, but there are so many eating places just around the corner.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
GmanagerGuadalajara, Gerente at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable time to share your opinion, we're glad to hear you have came back to our hotel for the second time and that you appreciate the improvments we made to the room such as the smart desk wich is also a personal computer for guests and controls tv, air conditioning, lights, music, etc. We hope to have the oportunity to see you soon in this beautiful city of Guadalajara.
R
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed there for 4 nights on a business trip. A very good overall experience for a reasonable price. Though with some strange moments, maybe normal for Mexico:
Ordered in the Internet. For some reason, the reservation site could not commit for a non-smoking room, but the hotel followed my request, and I have got a non-smoking room.
Though our arrival was expected, the check-in process was a bit clumsy. The breakfast vouchers had to be manually issued for each morning, and for some reason, we had to pay for the room in advance. When tried to argue, was offered to pay each day for the next night. Strange.
The room was very spacious and clean. A bit oldish, though noticeably renovated, elegant and well-maintainted. Everyting controlled from a "smart room" TV (air condition, lights, curtains, etc). Large and comfortable bed with lots of pillows. Bathrobe.
Got free usage of the minibar, buts its contents were funny - 2 soft drinks, 2 beers and a snack, renewed every 3 days.
Free Internet, reasonably fast.
The most strange experience was breakfast. A very minimalistic buffet. Instead, the hot meal stand cooking omlets upon request. Very friendly staff, offering coffee. But if you don't want fied eggs, you will probably stay hungry.
Unfortunateky, did not have time to wander around, but the hotel seemed to be situated right in the middle of a touristic area in the old city centrer. Taxis immediately available to go anywhere in the city.
Bottom line - recommended.

Room Tip: Some rooms seem to face patio, ask for an external window room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GmanagerGuadalajara, Gerente at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments, the way you described your experience is very important for us to meet your expectations and for other travelers to decide. We hope next time you have more time to enjoy our beautiful city and we'll be glad if you choose us again.
Belo Horizonte- Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel is centrally located, rooms confortable with safe,fair price, friendly staff.Breakfast was not included, so I did´t try.So, you will find eveything you need in a hotel, but not exceptional.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GmanagerGuadalajara, Gerente at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Francisco,

Thank you for your preference, we appreciate that you took the time to share your opinion about your recent stay with us, we hope to welcome you again on your next visit to our beautiful city.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

This charming old-world, extensively renovated hotel greets you with a long narrow entrance flanked with rich hardwoods, giant paintings, and huge mirrors reflecting soft light from a chandelier which (the concierge told us proudly) has over two thousand pieces of hand-cut glass. Add to all this the smartly dressed staff, rich red carpet and gleaming brass, and you feel like you stepped into a venue somewhere in an elegant section of a European city.

That pampered feeling is immediately reinforced by the staff. From the doorman to reception to bellboys (do we still call them "bellboys"?) to maids to waiters, we felt like welcome family throughout our three-day stay. Anything we wanted was provided cheerfully, immediately, and with good grace. When we told the front desk that we wanted to go to the Folk Ballet, they arranged for our tickets, a taxi (the driver met us on the steps of the theatre after the show and escorted us to his car! How good is THAT?), and even advised us on the best seats in the house. We paid the hotel a very reasonable package price for all this. Just one example of the way we were treated.

Our room was a little small, but well-appointed and comfortable. Very clean. The bathroom was also a little small, but the fixtures were new and, as is often the case in Mexico, the shower (no tub) was large, the tiles in excellent repair. When you pre-book, if you want a tub you should ask for it. Also, while I'm talking about the room, note that Avenida Juarez is one of the busiest streets in downtown Guadalajara and a lot of Mexican drivers are in love with their horns. If you're a light sleeper, try for a room away from the street. And, while I'm at it, away from the service elevator--it runs all the time and it's noisy..

The restaurant offers a good range of Mexican dishes, as well as standard Canadian/American fare. Reasonably priced and well-prepared. The restaurant is on the second floor, right above Avenida Juarez. A table right at the railing is a great place to enjoy the hustle of the street below. After dark, it's a little cool; you'll want a sweater.

Within two blocks of the hotel are the 300-year-old major cathedrals, old government buildings, palaces, theatres, and public squares. Restaurants, shops, malls. public markets--all within comfortable walking distance.

R|oom charges are competitive--I think we paid a little over $100 in November 2010; it's more like $115 now. Interestingly, Guadalajara is NOT a tourist city, so you don't get the crazy roller-coaster prices between high and low seasons: you'll pay within a few dollars of the same price, regardless of time of year.

My advice?--book it.! It's charming, clean, comfortable, well-managed, and conveniently located. We'll certainly be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GmanagerGuadalajara, Gerente at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers, we appreciate it very much, let me express our gratitude for the way you describe our hotel and staff, Holiday Inn & Suites Guadalajara Centro Histórico is commited with guest satisfaction and we make all possible efforts to reach our purpose. Once again thank you for your preference hoping to see you back in Guadalajara in a short time,
McAllen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for business on July 27th and 28th, along with a group from my Company. After reading the reviews I decided to give this hotel a shot vs Hilton. I arrived at 11PM after a bumpy flight, and have made my reservations 2 weeks in advance , with a credit card guarantee. I specifically asked for a non smoking room (I have a health condition), but when I arrived, the front desk clerk told me that the room wasnt ready for me, further more, they were completely sold out, and another room was not available. Sure enough, the clerk apologized, and a fellow worker that knows about my health condition, compassionately yielded his non smoking room to me. I felt terribly bad about it but I had no choice. The clerk offered to move my belongings the very next day, but I guess they did not care since I arrived to the same room, and found a letter asking me to leave that very same day, since they did not have rooms available. To complete the icing on the cake, at check out , they asked me how was everything and if my stay was enyojable, I felt offended since they did not care all over my stay. So I simply told them I will keep my comments to myself, and that I will not plan to get to any holiday inn hotels in the near future but try the Hilton instead. Sorry folks, but this is the plain truth, its probably a nice hotel for families and leisure, but for the business travelers, please look elswere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GmanagerGuadalajara, Gerente at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments with us, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our goal is guest satisfaction, we're very sorry we didn't meet your expectations this time. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve at Holiday Inn & Suites Guadalajara Centro Hsistorico to show you we can do better.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

I stayed with my husband and parents las week, everything was excellent!!!
Beautiful rooms, very confortable bed and pillows, super modern TV, clean, quiet, everything was perfect! Excellent client service! Excellent location
Breakfast is great and the food at he restaurant is very good too.
I highly recommend it to everyone!!

Room Tip: Largest rooms are the ones in the corners.
Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
GmanagerGuadalajara, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you took the time to share your experience, we hope to see you on your next visit to our beautiful city.