$111
Riu.com
$119
$85
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

Hotel de Mendoza(Guadalajara)
$69
  • Pool
La Mansion del Sol(Guadalajara)
$71
$67
BestDay.com
Hotel Casino Plaza(Guadalajara)(Great Value!)
$37
$143
$45
$93
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 23, 2017

Service is bad, hotel does not have enough personnel. Rooms are not available by 3pm and it can take up to 2 hours for you to get a room. Parking is limited and to park is a big problem. Restaurant has bad service. Dirty tables, waiter takes forever to take your order and to give you a table. Great location but it gets really loud.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2017

I should have suspected something when the staff insisted that I pay for my full stay upon check-in. Another red flag waved when I had to sign a promisory note to pay 250 Mexican pesos if I didn’t return the television remote control at check-out.
I hadn’t lodged at the Laffayette Hotel in Guadalajara, Mexico for many years, even though I travel to the city several times each year. I stopped staying there more than a decade ago because the physical plant had deteriorated due to lack of maintainance. However, this trip I needed a place located in this particular neighborhood, so I hoped that they had renovated the installations and their not-so-quaint, old fashioned treatment of guests. Unfortunately, I was severely disappointed.
I was assigned a room on the ninth floor. The bed had only sheets on the king sized mattress. It lacked blankets and a cover, although the pillows were properly arranged. Nor were there any towels in the bathroom. I tried to request covers and towels, but the phone did not work. Neither did the precious TV remote control. The floor still had the same, uneven feel beneath the new carpets and the whole room tilted toward one side.
The room was severely overheated so I turned off the air conditioner/heater unit. Notwithstanding, during the night the temperature inside shot up to close to 100 degrees! The next morning I had to open the window to the outside to find relief from the oppressive heat.
I repaired the phone by adjusting the connector and requested an iron and board with which to press my clothes. The housekeeper’s cheerful, “I’ll send them up immediately” did not bely the fact that her sense of time was different from mine. An hour later, the pressing equipment arrived. The iron was old, well used and dirty. The miniscule ironing board had no legs or supports and I could only imagine that it was designed to be perched on the oversized sink in the bathroom. It was not an easy task to unwrinkle my clothes with that equipment.
When I got around to connecting to the internet, I wasn’t all that surprised to find it slow and sluggish. Even though the clerk had carefully noted the password on the paper jacket of the room’s electronic key when I checked in, I found I could gain access to the hotel’s clunky pathway to the electronic super highway without it.
The straw that broke the camel’s back was the plugged toilet. I grabbed my clothes, personal effects, suitcase and fled downstairs. At the front desk, the day manager informed me of their no-refund policy and politely reminded me that I had already paid for an additional night’s stay. I walked out and found a really nice place to stay in a brand new hotel around the corner. Love It Signature Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2017

It has really gone down. Dirty rooms, few staff and therefore inefficient. Hundreds of beer restaurants nearby and very noisy on weekends until 4am. No English television.
The. Hotel is being used by poor Mexican workers who hope to get a visa to the United States, as the Consulate is nearby, and they arrive by in two or three coaches at the time. Shame about the excellent location, but it was a terrible experience.

Room Tip: Away from main street
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

Had the a very bad expierence in Lafayette hotel.

Arrived to a súper dirty lobby.

Once they gave me my key to the room I opened the room to find people sleeping in the bedroom! Terrible! They gave me the wrong bedroom and key which makes it super insecure. Lobby manager did not seem to care.

Shower was dirty.

The bedroom has connecting doors with the bedroom on the side and could here EVERYTHING through it.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

It is a good hotel to stay in if you need to get your visa renewal. It's a good place in Chapultepec Avenue and close to great restaurants and bars.

It's on a great location to go for a walk and do some sightseeing.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple