“Old, ugly Hotel, no internet, dont get there!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Laffayette Hotel

Laffayette Hotel
Ranked #83 of 122 Hotels in Guadalajara
Aguascalientes, Mexico
“Old, ugly Hotel, no internet, dont get there!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stay there because is the closest place to get de VISA, but since first minute I had to wait around 30 minutes in line to get a room, there was just 1 person in the reception.

The rooms are old and the sheets, are even more old, the air contidion did not work, IT HAS NO INTERNET!!!! .

This hotel needs to have a refresh I wont recomend to get there!.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

I'll be honest, this hotel is not the Mandarin Oriental, but it was a great place for us to stay. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, off street parking is free in their garage, and the price was great. The room and facility are in need of maintenance in general (broken chair, damage here or there,) but everything was clean and the shower was awesome. You can't beat the location for restaurants, shopping and nightlife. If you want to pay more in GDL you can, you can stay in a more fancy hotel. For me, I will choose the Laffayette for my next stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scout99Seattle_WA
Morelia, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I looked for a medium priced hotel al Guadalajara and selected this one. Many years ago (more thn fifteen) it was my prefred choice at Guadalajara, but it grew older quicly and without grace. The neighborhood is still one of the coziest at Guadalajara but the hotel has a very poor maintenance, the so-called pool is a joke, the staff looks cheap and the sexual activity of my neighbors sounded as if they were at my bed, that by the way, was and felt terrible old. That was my last stay at this in other times remarkable hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank YV24122015

Travelers are raving about these Guadalajara hotels

Région grenobloise
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

I booked this hotel because I was told on the phone that I would have an Internet connection in my room. On arrival, I was told that Internet was available only in the lobby. But this was not the only bad surprise on arrival. The hotel staff hardly spoke English, sometimes even none at all and all communication throughout my stay was therefore extremely difficult. As I arrived after 11 PM, the bar was already closed, there was no mini bar in my room (which normally is standard in 4 star hotels) and so I had to leave the hotel and go to a supermarket to get something else as water to drink. When I wanted to call home, the staff was unable to tell me what code I need to dial for international calls. Next morning the negatives continued as my TV switched itself on at 7 AM, probably as some kind of wake up call that of course I hadn't ordered. Although I had Spanish speaking colleagues ask at reception to switch this wake up TV off, the next morning the TV woke me up again at the same time. Eventually, I had to pull the plug every evening to wake up at a time of my own choosing. I only tried the breakfast the first morning (poor quality, slow service, waiters wearing unclean clothes) and then preferred to have it somewhere else. The positive thing you can say is that the rooms and the lobby are clean, but you can clearly see that the owners are milking a cash cow here: metal surfaces are severely scratched, towels frequently are completely worn out on the edges, etc. If this hotel had been advertised as 2 star, I would have given a better evaluation, but rating it as 4 star is just a joke.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

I read the reviews on this site before I booked the hotel. I saw the review from Khelm dated September 2006 and thought that this was just an unhappy person but to my surprise Khelm had the rating right on the money

If you goal is to save a few pesos and if you don't care about your health or comfort this might be the place for you.

I travel the world for Business and have been in many hotels, 3 star, 4 star and 5 star and at best this is a 3 star hotel. I have no idea how this place could be rated as a 4 star.

There are many negative things I can tell you about this place starting with the Staff's bad attitude, fountain as a pool, lack of cleanliness, hard beds, poor internet, paint peel from walls, no chain locks on doors, mold on bath mat, nasty smell in room, dirty carpet and much more . Since khelm"s review in 2006, this place has only got worse. Needless to say, I check out and found a better place because I value my health and comfort. http://www.laffayette.com.mx/ The photos on thier web site are much better then in real life and must have been taken many years ago.

JLS

• Liked — !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

I stayed here during a business trip earlier this month. No one in our party plans to stay here again.

On a positive note, we enjoyed the neighborhood and the staff was friendly even if they were not knowledgeable about the area (they are only a few blocks from some of the nicest restaurants in Guadalajara, but no one at the front desk could recommend anywhere to eat or anything to do in the area) or about the hotel (the member of our party who had reserved a room with a king-size bed, was given the room with two doubles and those who needed two beds were given the king).

The carpets were so dirty and smelly that I couldn't bring myself to walk on the floor barefoot. Also, the sewage gas smell in the rooms was unbearable during the night. Mattresses were not very comfortable. And the service in the hotel restaurant was so slow and indifferent that I walked out after being seated and then being ignored for more than ten minutes -- and they probably still haven't noticed.

We had a meeting room off the lobby (El Salón Petite). No windows and no ventilation. Close to unbearable.

There are lots of nice places to stay in Guadalajara. This isn't one of them.

• Liked — Staff was friendly
  • Disliked — Staff was not knowledgeable; rooms were dirty.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
MP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2006

Where to begin. I can tell the story of this hotel in 5 facts

1. Lets start with the pool. We entered the lobby of the hotel, check in, and did what we always do; look for the pool. we saw a little pond in the center of the hotel, with a fountain and thought nothting of it. after 15 minutes of searching, we found out, that was to pool. About 15 feet at its widest spot, and 3 feet deep at most; it was dirty, cold, and had a nasty slime on the pools surface.

2. Next comes the staff. Yes, they spoke English, but they were rude, and mean. A girl in our travel group was walking into the lobby when a worker asked if she thought he was ugly, she said no, but he thought she said yes, yelled at her, and made her cry.

3. Next comes the elevator. It felt like a plane landing at the end, because you drop like 4 feet at the end. They feel like they're going to fall when they creak and groan as the climb SLOWLY to the top. Oh, don't bother looking at the floor gauge, its messed up and always read 8 or 9 or 1.

4. The floor was soft in spots, and wet with something, it smelled and wasn't clean.

5. The windows. Now no matter how much I research it, I cannot find out why there was a 5 inch gap on every window between the wall and the window frame. I could stick my hand out into the air. This helped explain the bubbling carpet and wet floors.

Over all, this hotel royally stunk. Do not go there ever!!!!!!

• Liked — Absolutley Nothing
  • Disliked — Everthing
  • Tips/Secrets — !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2006