“Huge zoo.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Guadalajara Zoo All-Inclusive Admission Ticket
Ranked #6 of 176 things to do in Guadalajara
More attraction details
Owner description: This large zoo contains over 2,000 animals and is located in a beautiful ravine.
Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Huge zoo.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We enjoyed our day out, but for us the Zoo did not show us any new animals. I take that back, I saw a lot of new snake species. There is definitely a lot to see. Yes buy the 185 peso admission, the only thing we did not use was the train.
The cable car gives you a good overview of the park. We thought that we would catch this to go right to the end and then walk back. When we got there the attendants were not going to let us off. I made some loud noises and they let us off once the chair had gone around the loop. I had made an assumption because when reading other reviews, people got on the other end to come back.
The Safari experience is great for kids. Be prepared for a wait. We got to the entry for this around 3.15pm and waited half and hour. Keep your kindle handy.
There is basic food available, but you can bring a picnic if you so wish. I always carry snacks with me so I do not have to keep looking for the places to get food.
You need to take all day if you want to see it all. We like to enjoy each exhibit so therefore we do not move quickly. We got there around 10.30am and left after 5pm.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ajijic
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A very good zoo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

A good zoo that keeps getting better. A very pleasant day can be spent there. I would not recommend going there in late April or May when it is very hot.

Visited January 2013
Aguascalientes, Mexico
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very nice zoo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise the zoo is. They have many things to see and do. We opted for the 185 peso admission (one does not have to do it all...They have various other offerings) which included everything in the zoo...except food. The African Safari allows one to experience animals in the "wild"...and you get to feed the giraffes. The Sky Zoo lets you see the zoo from a bird's eye, even right over the lions! The zoo train gets you to 3 different stops, allowing a nice rest from walking and the aquarium features tanks full of, well, sea life. Do not miss "Monkey Land" at one point the cute monkeys cling and climb all over you...make sure you watch the purse and pockets! We did not make it to any shows, and the food is reasonably priced, not gourmet, but adequate for more energy to keep going....all in all, a fun way to spend a day.

1 Thank mcbern
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I live near Omaha and visit Henry Doorley frequently.....Guadalajara zoo was far superior! This place has to be one of the best in the world! Up there with the best! The safari tour, while not as good as animal kingdom is still very very fun! Had a friend with me who had never heard of such a thing and he enjoyed the safari the most! Great for Anyone!

2 Thank Chris T
San Francisco, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Huge zoo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Huge zoo with a lot of critters. I liked feeding the giraffe on the safari tour, I also liked riding the ski lift to tour the zoo from the sky!

Visited October 2013