Hotel Casa Grande
  • Restaurant
$69
Hilton.com
  • Pool
European Life Style Suites(Guadalajara)(Great Value!)
$39
$37
$63
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Country Hotel and Suites(Guadalajara)(Great Value!)
$28
$48
$47
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 20, 2011

If you need a hotel that it close to the airport then this is a very good hotel. It is literally right across the street from the hotel.

Rooms are very basic but clean. They do not have much lighting. It was also very quiet.

If you don't need to be near the airport then I would suggest staying somewhere more interesting.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EricL97332
Reviewed December 6, 2011

From the beyond unfriendly young woman at check in to the 1st class restaurant (thats what they claim). Bad. Never could I suggest staying here. At first I thought maybe some of the difficulties at check in were due to language but no. When I said i had a reservation that she couldnt find, she tossed a list across the counter and said if your name isnt on this list you dont have a reservation. I offered the confirmation number, nope not good enough. I used their computer, pulled up reservation that she then printed and accepted. I watched as another woman traveler was treated equally as bad. I would think that any guest at a hotel with many empty rooms would be treated better. Never again. Booty.

Room Tip: book a different place
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Judecolby
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I booked this hotel online as it is right next to Guadalajara Airport and I have a very early flight back to the States.. The internet ad said "Pet Friendly. - it is not! My two dogs are downstairs at the moment in a 10 X 8 closet that is unairconditioned, unlit and terribly unkempt! The woman at check in said it was the pets 'room.' Horrified, I complained to the Manager "Julia" several times and was told she'd call me back - never happened. I went downstairs to take the dogs out and was met by "Louis" who told me "Julia" said I could upgrade and the pets could sleep on the patio for additional money - I'm already paying about $100. dollars a night to stay in this dump! Towels are frayed, toilet runs constantly, room is in bad need of renovation. I feel awful for my dogs - they already have stressful day tomorrow traveling. If I didn't get here so late and didn't have to leave so early - I would change hotels to a real "pet friendly" hotel. DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here - ever!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Kaykeey
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The hotel is old and not updated but we were happy with it. I think the air-con did not work but I had the fan working. It was winter so we were not hot. Hopefully they switch the air-con on during the summer. The hotel was quiet considering how close we were to the airport.
We stayed here because we arrived midnight so it was convenient for us. I also recommend staying here for your flight out as well because the highway to the airport from Guadalajara can get extremely busy during the day and it would only take one car accident and you could miss your flight.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2011

This hotel was recommended by the agent at Aeromexico Connect when we missed our connecting flight to Puerto Vallarta. We were tired and frustrated and appreciated the convenience of a hotel at the airport within walking distance. That was our first mistake. We should have taken a taxi to a hotel brand we know...like Hilton.

The Casa Grande Hotel at the GDL Airport is a dark, dingy, dirty hotel. Our room was sparsely furnish with old, 1970's era furniture. Even with the very dim lighting, dirt was visible on the walls, carpet and tattered drapes. The air conditioner did not work, the windows did not open, and the room lacked basic amenities...like an elevator to our second floor room, an alarm clock or a working hair dryer (it was furnish, it just didn't work). But the worst part of the stay was the old, uncomfortably hard, and thin bed mattress with matching pillows. Why we didn't check out and explore other hotel options once we surveyed the room, I'll never know. We got the most restless night's sleep and both of us woke up more tired and sore than the night before.

I've traveled the world and have stayed at some pretty disappointing hotels. NEVER have I been inspired to write a review...until now. This hotel had a "rack rate" of about $180 per night. They gave us an "airline" rate of about $90. Even at half price, this hotel was no bargain. Stay away!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple