“You Should Read This Before attempting a stay here”
Review of Don Quijote Plaza

Don Quijote Plaza
Don Quijote Plaza
Ranked #98 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Guadalajara, Mexico
“You Should Read This Before attempting a stay here”
Reviewed November 27, 2010

On Nov 26th I went to the hotel with my prepaid reservation
The front desk was so rude I refused to stay there so I left.
Their comment on cancellation was "We got your money go talk to the computer" And the two of them found me a foreigner tourist quite entertaing ~ well to me their apathy and condescending attitude was quite revolting. I say if you think to stay here their are plenty of nice decent hotels close by with-in walking distance and likely in a better section of town ... the area is dirty and wrought with offensive Graffiti. Below is another posting I am sure should be heard as well I seen the posting "Nightmere at Don Quiote" and I though ~ give them the benefit of the doubt because the posting was from 2008. What a Big Mistake that was. Now I will have too wait for possibly 8 days for a proper refund that is “IF” the Hotels.com can get my money back ~ I am not going to hold my breath on that one... Judging frm my treatement at the friont desk. So do yourself a favor and BEWARE. Besides that the hotel personal ~ well I felt like they would promptly go thru my belongings the moment I left the hotel and see what they wanted to Robb and no one could do anything about what ever they wanted to help them selves too as proven by the last foreigner who got stolen all his belongings including his documents and money.BTW I said a review woulod be written they laughed slightlky and said "So What We Dont Care" William - Booking number with Hotels.com (Hotels.com Confirmation Number15767035091) Oh BTW They Said in the review 27 inch flat screen TV ~ HA Thats a laugh I went to see a room prior to check in and seen no TV At ALL
William Many Blessings

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
10 Thank williamtwofeather999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Broken Arrow Oklahoma
Reviewed January 21, 2010

A quaint little hotel near the historic area. Room was clean, nothing special but very adequate for sleeping. The man on the desk spoke excellent English and was very helpful.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed September 10, 2008

I stayed in this hotel last april, and the front desk clerk let somebody in my room who said HE WAS the customer staying in that room and He WAS CHECKING OUT....obviously the thief took ALL my belongings, including money and my documents...when I tried to enter my room and the employee realized his big mistake he tried to blame me for "giving personal information to strangers"....ok, I did tell someone my name and at what hotel I was staying, but I do not consider that to be extremely confidential, the hotel failed completely to make sure that that guy was a guess.

I also resented the lack of help from the employees, I know that if such a nightmare would have happened in the US the hotel would do everything possible to help the guess, but not there....

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — The lack of understanding on the employee's part
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Meskal

Travelers are raving about these Guadalajara hotels

Tulsa, OK
Reviewed February 23, 2008

The hotel was recommended to us by a local taxi driver. The hotel has both charms and flaws. The biggest charm of the hotel is the atrium located in the center of the hotel. It gives the illusion of being outdoors. One of the biggest flaws is that it doesn't have exterior windows in the rooms. The only window located in the room overlooks the hallway. A smaller flaw is that it has three floors and no elevators.
You have to leave a deposit of 100 pesos for a remote to your TV, and multiple requests for extra towels and pillows went unnoticed by the staff.
The restaurant was small but the fresh cooked food was good.

• Liked — hotel location and public space decor
  • Disliked — no windows with exterior view
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank crzy4mexico
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2005

This hotel is very cheap and is only a 5 minute walk from the historic centre. The staff can speak English and are very friendly.

I did have a small problem there, because I am vegetarian and the restaurant refused to accommodate me. I asked for some suitable food and they actually laughed in my face! But this is the normal Mexican reaction to vegetarians.

Overall, it was great value.

• Stayed September 2004