“We are fans!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“We are fans!”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We visited Guadalajara for a week and went to Little India twice.We had intended to also try another nearby Indian restaurant but we enjoyed Little India enough that the other will have to wait for next time! I am British and know Indian food well, but I do not expect it to be the same everywhere I go.I enjoyed the variations from typical UK Indian food and we were delighted with every dish. Also the first time we have had pistachio ice cream with mango sauce at an Indian restaurant. Delicious! The food was fresh, service was friendly and excellent and not overbearing, dishes arrived quickly. The price was one third of US or UK. We will be back with our Mexican friends on our next trip!

1 Thank bandbase

Washington
“A disappointment l”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

After a drought where I was unable to eat in an Indian restaurant, this British woman was really'looking forward to lunch at Little India on a recent trip to Guadalajara. We were the only people in the restaurant for comida and this caused a certain doubt in my mind. My friend was a novice to Indian food so we started off with a very conservative menu, The samosas might have been good but were covered in a garbanzo bean sauce with a drizzle of yogurt. In my many years of eating samosas all over the world, I have never seen this presentation. The aloo tikki were passable. Naan was good if unexceptional and the chicken tikka masala which we shared was a real surprise. It was certainly chicken tikka but the masala sauce was a novelty to me and not a very pleasant surprise.
Service was fine and prices average but I am so sorry to say that I would not return. Ah, would that I could find an Indian restaurant which could be compared to those of my youth.

1 Thank mazwoman
Ajijic, Mexico
“Worth The Wait”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Had comida Sunday at 4, the really busiest time for aSunday meal out. Little India was full and a pleasant woman advised us we would need to wait for a table. As we waited, quite comfortably, under canopy trees with seating and cushions, we were approached by the owner, Deepak. As busy as the restaurant was, he found time to chat us up. A delightful man. We learned something about making nan, the delicious bread made to order in a clay oven brought by Deepak from India. After a reasonable wait we were seated comfortably inside, had a large meal, good service, in a pleasant atmosphere, at a fair price. I would highly recommend the restaurant. A tip to non-Mexicans; as we tend to eat earlier than Mexicans, it should not be difficult to secure a table. A good find for those who enjoy the food of India. Give it a try.

Overseas
“Pretty good”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This isn't the best Indian food I've ever had, but it is good. It is the best option in town for Indian food. The restaurant is quaint and colorful.

• Visited March 2011
Corvallis, Oregon
“Best Indian food I've had in years, if not ever”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I was so surprised at how AMAZING the food is here. Very authentic. You have to get the samosas. They are truly the best I've ever eaten. The Mango Lassi was also perfect. Such a wonderful experience