“Rooms are awesome - like you're living in a luxury apartment”

Quinta Real Guadalajara
Ranked #24 of 129 Hotels in Guadalajara
London, United Kingdom
“Rooms are awesome - like you're living in a luxury apartment”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business. The rooms are great, very spacious and homely.

The restaurant is ok, the service was very enjoyable. Can't say the same about breakfast though.

Staff in general were good and helpful eg. Telling us about good running routes.

Swimming pool was closed when we were there

• Stayed October 2013
Santiag0_Le0n, General Manager at Quinta Real Guadalajara, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you liked our rooms. I regret to hear that breakfast wasn´t so great, we are well known by having great breakfast but with the remodeling process and having the temporary restaurant so far form the kitchen hasn´t helped.

I am pleased to let you know that next Friday, November the 1st, we open our new restaurant which I am sure you will love. By that date the pool will also be open. It´s a shame you missed by a week the opening of these 2 new projects but I hope you come back son, and if you do please let me know so we can do something special for you.

Thank you very much for you comments and for choosing Quinta Real Guadalajara.

Kind regards,

Santiago León de la Vega

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip at the beginning of October. The pool was still closed, unfortunately. But the rooms were nice and well-kept, and the staff were very friendly. Good restaurants close by, and I would recommend going to them rather than eating at the hotel as the service was quite slow and the food was only so-so. The gym was small and it didn't seem like the machines were cleaned regularly. I felt like I needed to wipe them down before and after every use. It was also stuffy as the windows were left open instead of the A/C being used. But I would stay here again. The beds were a little hard, but I tend to prefer this anyway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Santiag0_Le0n, Director General at Quinta Real Guadalajara, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Mam,

Thank you very much for taking some time to write about your experience in our hotel. I am excited to let you know that we are opening a new restaurant in 2 weeks. This new restaurant will have celebrity chef Martha Ortiz signature and I am confident it will not only be the best in the area but in the city as well. I am sure you will like it.

I will keep an eye on the gym.

Hope to have you back soon!!

Have a great week!!

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not the best hotel you can find for that much money. The pool was closed for renovations but this was not disclosed when we made the reservation. Not kids friendly and not the best location in Guadalajara. There are other much better alternatives.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bloomberg222
Puerto Vallarta MX
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We reserved from USA and had a confirmed reservation including taxes and fees. Upon check out the hotel charged .30/peso above the Bank of Mexico rate as a "tarrif"; resulted in an addition of $116.00 USD to our bill. This hotel needs to inform guests in writing at time of reservation that they manipulate the exchange rate.

• Stayed August 2013
Santiag0_Le0n, Director General at Quinta Real Guadalajara, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for choosing Quinta Real in your recent visit to Guadalajara. I am truly sorry that you have left our hotel with the impression that we manipulate the Exchange rate. This is the first time we have had this brought up to our attention.

Unlike the bank of Mexico and ,in order to avoid surprises for our guests, we try to not to change the exchange rate as often as they do . Many of our reservation rates are made in dollars but by law we have to charge in pesos when people check out. In order to avoid unpleasant surprises from the time the reservation is made to the time people check out we try to maintain the exchange rate as steady as we can. Sometime we could´ve been slightly higher but most of the times we are below and never over the exchange rate of the national bank across the street.

I apologize for the inconvenience and I will keep an eye on this matter. Please let me know next time your in town, we´ll fin d a way to make it up.

Kind regards,

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We recently spent 2 nights at the Quinta Real Guadalajara and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel does a wonderful job of marrying old style with new and is a beautiful quiet escape in the midst of bustling Guadalajara. The property has gorgeous stone work with traditional design mixed with modern conveniences and the rooms were truly comfortable, large and well appointed. We particularly liked the breakfast dining area in the interior courtyard with seating outside and inside a sleek glass enclosed patio area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MLehmanEsq
Santiag0_Le0n, Director General at Quinta Real Guadalajara, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Mam,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very glad you liked our hotel and hope to have you back soon, Thank you for sharring your experience.

Please let me know next time you visit Guadalajara.

Have a great weekend,

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is simply a fantastic hotel. It's clean and spacious and the amenities are perfect. I have stayed several times for 1-2 nights on my way to other places, so I can't say much about the neighborhood or the surrounding area. But I've been very impressed every time I've stayed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Katie K
Dear Katie,

I was very glad to read your comment. It´s the kind of words that motivate me and the rest of the team to try hard everyday to work towards guest satisfaction.

Please let me know if you come back, we´ll make sure you have a even better experience.

Have a very nice day.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a small conference. The hotel is located on quite a busy street, but the grand old building with it's lush courtyard keeps the noise out.

The rooms are large and comfortable. The swimming pool is a little small to actually swim in. The restaurant is fine and The service is very friendly. Great for a romantic weekend or high-end seminars.

• Stayed May 2013