“Nice hotel, beautiful gardens, cozy rooms.. oh & pretty pink panties!”

Quinta Real Guadalajara
Ranked #24 of 131 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed June 24, 2011

This is a hotel with so much ‘fluff’ that they forget the basics! Upon arriving the staff will offer you a complimentary Margarita (not bad). Next you’ll walk through their gardens to get to your room. The gardens on the property are very well maintained and feature artwork from Sergio Bustamante. The suites are very nice and cozy (hacienda style). The bathrooms are spacious and very clean. I thought that the Hermes soap bars were a nice touch… but the pretty pink panties left in the room will be what I always remember!

I arrived at approximately 11pm. When I entered my room it was hot and steamy. I contacted the front desk when the room hadn’t cooled down in almost one hour. A custodian came to the room after about 15 minutes and tried to work on the AC (after midnight). I had to ask to be moved into another room so that I didn’t have to wait any longer.

I unpacked then made my way to bed and found 2 pair of women’s panties bedside. :0(

In the morning there was no water in the bath tub. When I turned the faucets on, the plumbing rattled violently.

When I returned that evening, the room had been serviced. Everything was clean and neat… and left on a chair for me were the panties I had thrown in the trash!

This management is obviously very proud of the hotels environment. Unfortunately they’ve focused so much on extra fluff that they’ve forgotten about some of the most basic details!

Oh and let’s not forget NO wi/fi! At $215 USD per night… it’s amazing they can’t spring for complimentary internet!? For all those who say this is the Best In Guadalajara… Please! You need to keep looking.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank BTraveler70

Reviewed March 21, 2011

We had suite 102 for the weekend (3 nights) and it was very nice and spacious and pretty, just like all Quinta Real Hotels. However, alas, this chain usually disappoints on service. 2 of 3 nights we had turn down service.

Who knows what happened Saturday when we left at 9 am and returned after 8 pm.

We asked the concierge how to get tickets for the Tequila Express and she had to look up on the same web site we had used and told us exactly the wrong information on the web site (to go to the station - it fails to say 60 to 90 minutes prior to the train departure as no one sells tickets all day long. Clueless, there are not a lot of ticket needed tourist attractions in town and the concierge at 1 of the 2 best hotels in town (other is Fiesta Americana Grande) has no idea - sad. Oddly, we met people staying at the Holiday Inn Express who bought tickets from their hotel concierge.

Buffet breakfast was fine but dear Lord, we went for a light dinner on Sunday night. He messed up the wine, soft drink (regular rather than diet) and could not remember which of us ordered coffee 4 minues earier (2 other tables were occupied). Food was OK, not good.

Stay here for pretty rooms with nice art and comfortable spaces but do not expecdt all to work and do not expect good service.
S

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Happy_on_the_road
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Great rooms, sparkling pool, beautiful grounds and gardens, nice restaurant. Charming staff to complete the picture.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Skibummer
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Best hotel in Guadalajara. Staff is great and the rooms are fantastic. Nice restaurant and bar inside if you don't want to leave. Walking distance of 3 other restaurants. Workout room and business center available.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank btraveler2233
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Our local business partners recommend this hotel as being the best in town. In addition, I saw a recommendation on Andrew Harper's. Therefore my expectations may have been a little too high. Our suite was large and fully equipped. The bathroom huge with a jacuzzi. Cleanliness in the bathroom was less than perfect however. Service and food in the restaurant were ok, but again, not as high as expected. Personally, I did not at all like the interior design which is the typical mixture of US and Spanish mediocrity, typified by dark and depressing floral designs, combined with church-baroque sculptures and paintings. Because of the adjacent parking, the various buildings with backdoors and - somehow - the room arrangements, we had the feeling this could also be a high-end motel for romantic purposes. The swimming-pool was not heated and is not really positioned for use. The fitness-center was not bad. Admittedly, the list of prominent people who stayed with us in the hotel was impressive.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TrophyCollector
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Me and my wife stayed here for our wedding night, I can say that maybe it is the most beautiful and luxurious hotel in Guadalajara, I can say that from the first person who received us in the lobby to the las waiter we talked to when having breakfast and the checking out woman, everyone was very polite and helpful.

I can recommend this hotel to everyone and one of the best in Guadalajara.

Unfortunately, we just stayed for one night...

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights in early February with my father to take in a bullfight. It was our first trip to GDL. The hotel is located in the Minerva district, not quite in the central historical district, but we caught the electric Par Vial bus a couple of blocks away and for 6 pesos per person it took us into the Centro area. The neighborhood was safe and we never felt uncommfortable.

Our rooms, at a rate of $150 USD per night, were large, with king-sized beds, desk, sofa and coffee table and faux fireplace. The rooms came equipped with complimentary robes, slippers, water bottles in the bathroom and on the nightstands, and a local newspaper, which was left on the door each morning. There was a safe and an iron board and iron, and the usual mini-bar with typical prices. The bathroom came equipped with a hair dryer and Hermes shampoo and conditioners, as well as extra sundries in case you forgot your own. My room overlooked the lovely courtyard and had a sliding glass door that opened to a small balcony. My father's room overlooked the parking lot and only had a window; other than that the rooms were the same. A pervious reviewer mentioned that the room was cold; I, too, was very cold one night and could not figure out a way to raise the room temperature and there was no extra blanket in the closet. I probably could have called housekeeping and had an extra blanket delivered, but I settled for doubling up my bedspread.

While we grabbed quick and cheap breakfasts at a Burger King a few blocks away , we had two dinners and drinks every night in the Rincon Bar, where the food and service were excellent. With the exception of some young bell boys and maids, the staff spoke English and were extremely polite and helpful. The only minor inconveniece we encoutered was when we were directed by the concierge to a Ticketmaster location at a department store in a large, modern shopping center. As it turned out, the Ticketmaster had moved to a Sears in another mall and we wound up taking a taxi straight out to the bull ring to pick up our tickets instead.

There were other amenities, including a small pool, which we didn't use and a business center equipped with numerous high-speed internet kiosks that were easy to use, at least for the little bit of web surfing I did. Both my father and I loved our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010