“Spacious hotel on a busy avenue”

Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo
Ranked #61 of 131 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed June 4, 2012

There is a large restaurant & swimming pool. Most of the staff is friendly but sometimes need a small push to get into action. I got a nice room. No minibar but they put 2 small bottles of water (all I need) & a small coffee maker. Room was kept clean - bathroom was fine. The food in the restaurant was ok but not more. Plenty of mexican choices at breakfast at average quality. Limited options for western style breakfast.
There was a mix of mainly tourists with some business people. It can be quite noisy with families around the pool & garden from the morning to evening.
All in all a decent hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Room with view on the second garden (not to the pool garden) is quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel is located in a drab area with a lot of traffic, so not so good for walking around. I had three days of business meetings here in one of their meeting rooms, and I had nearly all my meals here, so I got a good sense of the place. Then meeting rooms were dated but adequate for my purpose. If I had had any real technology needs, I would have been in trouble. They had wireless, but it wasn't 100% reliable at the time of my visit.

The rooms are fairly spacious but also a bit drab. On two separate days, I had no hot water for a shower. As other people mentioned, I found threadbare linens. The rooms are motel style, with exterior doors for each room. I believe all the rooms have a nice view of an interior courtyard.

This courtyard really redeems this place. It is lush and well-tended. It is calming to walk through it. It is a quiet reprieve from dusty, dense Guadalajara. The courtyard has a bar/dining area that is lovely, and I really enjoyed every single meal, trying a variety of their dishes. The service for dining was very good. If you prefer, the outdoor cafe adjoins an indoor (but open air) restaurant where you can order from a menu or enjoy a buffet. One other note: Taxis were readily available.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the courtyard in a quiet room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We checked in for one night and the service was terrible, no one assisted with luggage, it was difficult to find a valet parking attendant, there were no signs to get to the rooms, room had huge stains on the carpet, toilet was not clean, my girlfriend went to the Bar to order some food and she was not helped, we dialed room service and nobody answered, I was told I was going to get a call back from room Service and it never happened, complained to the night manager and in the morning, the Front office Manager was not aware of the incidents.

I had the opportunity to talk to the Rooms Division Manager in the morning ad he said, I am sorry!! sometimes this is just not enough!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Dear Ronferso,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Very nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Around this hotel are a lot of other business hotels. The breakfast is excellent (European and Mexican style). The air condition in the hotel room does not work so well (loudness). To Guadalajara downtown you need by car app. 10-15min. From the Guadalajara airport to the hotel it takes app. 50min. Cost for a taxi app. 290 Peso.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Clean comfortable beds with white duvets are important to me and this hotel has that. The service is fantastic and the food in their restaurant is amazingly wonderful. The chef takes a bit more time to to make your plate eye appealing. Prices are reasonable. The morning buffet was included. It was missing bacon or sausage , I asked and they brought it to my table.
My only negative would be " it needs updating." my room needed a side chair where just a lamp was. Theyhave 2 great ways to get into the hotel , if you are driving. This is important as there are many one way streets.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I travel to Guadalajara about six times a year and always stay at the Crowne Plaza as it is very convenient to where I do business. The grounds are beautiful, the restaurant offers a great breakfast, and good food for dinner if you just don’t want to go out. I have been staying here over the last 8 years and my hobby now is to see what is not exactly working in my room; nothing that would make me choose another hotel, but amusing. Hotel needs some minor maintenance to make it top notch. Check-in is always efficient, but sometimes check-out is disorganized and can take some time. I typically stay in the executive section where the rooms are more spacious and there is a lounge for a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at night. Not as nice as other Crowne Plazas I have stayed in around the world, but I am not looking for a new hotel in Guadalajara.

Room Tip: Choose the executive section - typically the price is not that much higher than the standard rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I'm a member of the priority Club. Which at every Hotel I have stayed so far they have Continental Breakfast, Last year I stayed at this Hotel and had Continental breakfast. This year I ask for time that Continental Breakfast is available I was told that only Platinum members have this perk available to them. I have to check with Club Membership. Otherwise its a good Hotel.

Plenty of little cafe's all over the city to enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Tower only
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo