“Comfortable beds and good service”

Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo
Ranked #58 of 130 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Clean comfortable beds with white duvets are important to me and this hotel has that. The service is fantastic and the food in their restaurant is amazingly wonderful. The chef takes a bit more time to to make your plate eye appealing. Prices are reasonable. The morning buffet was included. It was missing bacon or sausage , I asked and they brought it to my table.
My only negative would be " it needs updating." my room needed a side chair where just a lamp was. Theyhave 2 great ways to get into the hotel , if you are driving. This is important as there are many one way streets.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I travel to Guadalajara about six times a year and always stay at the Crowne Plaza as it is very convenient to where I do business. The grounds are beautiful, the restaurant offers a great breakfast, and good food for dinner if you just don’t want to go out. I have been staying here over the last 8 years and my hobby now is to see what is not exactly working in my room; nothing that would make me choose another hotel, but amusing. Hotel needs some minor maintenance to make it top notch. Check-in is always efficient, but sometimes check-out is disorganized and can take some time. I typically stay in the executive section where the rooms are more spacious and there is a lounge for a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at night. Not as nice as other Crowne Plazas I have stayed in around the world, but I am not looking for a new hotel in Guadalajara.

Room Tip: Choose the executive section - typically the price is not that much higher than the standard rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I'm a member of the priority Club. Which at every Hotel I have stayed so far they have Continental Breakfast, Last year I stayed at this Hotel and had Continental breakfast. This year I ask for time that Continental Breakfast is available I was told that only Platinum members have this perk available to them. I have to check with Club Membership. Otherwise its a good Hotel.

Plenty of little cafe's all over the city to enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Tower only
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MarlinPoolco
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This hotel is a nice, American style hotel typical of the Holiday Inn chain. In other words, it's not as nice as the upscale Hyatts or another four star hotel but it is very comfortable. I travel a lot and usually stay in historic inns, B&Bs, or four or five star hotels. My room in the tower (8th floor) was a step below my usual but it was clean, spacious, and tastefully decorated. The sliding glass door opens, which was nice because I had a fresh breeze day and night. The beds are a bit hard but I was very comfortable. The hotel employees, especially the restaurant servers, are extremely nice.

The first night, the hotel put me in a room on the ground floor (floor 2) at the end of the hotel (not in the tower). My room had not been renovated, was dirty (black marks on the wall, linens, etc), and stunk like stale cigarette smoke. I was so tired from flying that I did not ask to be moved right away. The next morning, I felt horrible.

So, while the hotel is nice in most respects, you must make certain that you get a room in the tower.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room on an upper floor to ensure that you are in the tower. The rooms at th...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Stayed at the Crowne for business for eight days and found it overall it was mediocre. Rooms have been partially renovated - bathrooms and furniture have been refreshed. Usual issues with toilets not flushing well, t.v. stopped working etc. While it took a few tries to get staff to resolve, generally staff was very helpful and gracious. Maid service was wonderful, two free bottles of water every day and always had enough towels. Breakfast buffet was okay, omelet bar and fresh fruit, yogurt every morning along with alot of local foods.

Room Tip: Stay away from the parrot cage!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I thought the service was exellent- the staff was very helpful.The room was clean and spacious.
Hotel was in a great location and hotel food was surprisingly good.
Really liked hotel decor and ambience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I had a great experience staying at the Crowne Plaza. Everyone was very courteous and flexible to our needs. I traveled with my 100th year old grandmother and we were upgraded to Governor's suite uppon request. The employees in the restaurant went beyond their call of duty to serve us well. All in all it was a great experience and I will definetely return! :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family