“Minimalist Comfort”

NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 5 nights on business. Check in was easy and the staff's English was better than my Spanish. Reuben took my suitcase to my room and when he noticed I had no bottles water he immediately had some sent up. Good customer service in the hotel. The room is decorated in a stark minimalist style but the bed was very comfortable. The room lighting was fine and is turned on when you place your room key in a slot near the door. After that you can control
Lights as needed. Oddly there was no clock in the room so I relied on my iPhone for the time. The bathroom was very nice and the towels are huge. There was a shower but no bath tub. That didn't bother me because I'm not a bath tub person but if you are call ahead to see if you can get a room with one. Toiletries such as shampoo, soap, shaving cream and razor, toothbrush and toothpaste are provided by the hotel. The hotel is right next to a small shopping, dining and movie theatre area. There's a casino too but I didn't go in. Half a block up is a Starbucks. Room service is available but the selections are limited.

Overall, NH was a very good experience and since I will travel to Guadalajara pretty frequently I will stay again. I have it a four out of five because of no clock and I'm not a huge fan of the decor. It's still a good, safe choice.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Catrina19
HectorGDL, Director General at NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Catrina19,

Please feel free to ask at the front desk for a Clock room, we have upon request any time.

We really appreciate if you can join us once again and it will be perfect if we can meet you personally as well, in that case do not hesitate to contact us.

There are newer reviews for NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia

Reviewed February 25, 2014

NH Guadalajara is a big business type hotel. It's location is not convenient for tourists as it is far from the city center and the tourist attractions.

The room we had was of nice size. The furnishings were in good condition and everything worked. It was very clean. The bathroom and toilet facilities were excellent. The bed was excellent. My only dislike was the bench type desk running opposite the bed and under the wall hung TV - it served well as a catch-all platform but was not very comfortable as a desk.

Breakfast was not included in the room rate and was quite expensive. The offering, though, was excellent and the buffet had both Mexican and "Western" dishes. The service left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Zedzil
HectorGDL, Director General at NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Mr. Zedzil,

We deeply regret that in your particular case, we were not able to satisfy and surpass your stay´s expectations at the restaurant service this time. However, we do not want to lose you as our valued guest and we hope to be given a second chance to recover the trust into our service at the breakfast.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was in town for a business trip for a few days. Although I have stayed in a NH before in Europe, it is not a chain I regularly use.

The hotel was in a pleasant and safe surrounding, with an open air complex outside with cinema, casino, restaurants, coffee shop and ice cream parlour. Reception area is bright and airy with restaurant/bar just off to the left as you enter and another “up market” restaurant on your right. All the areas were clean and well presented.

Check in was quick and efficient and I was soon waiting for a lift to get to my room. Room and bathroom were clean and the King bed was lovely and comfortable so I sleep well. On the 9th floor so good view from my room over the area. Free WiFi worked OK, but download rate was a bit slow for big files!

Good selection of hot and cold options for breakfast and not too expensive for a 4* hotel.

The only problem I had was with the lifts at busy time there were not enough as you had a long wait.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HectorGDL, Director General at NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Mr. Pair211

Your comments are very important to increase the hotel value getting the best recognition as the best hotel in Guadalajara as well. We really appreciate if you can join us once again and it will be perfect if we can meet you personally as well, in that case do not hesitate to contact us any time.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I visit GDL every 3 months over business and this is the place to stay. Neat, Clean friendly and safe. You have options for restaurants, bars, cafe's, casino! and more. Staff is kind, warm and friendly. I love their service and attitude.
Rooms are clean, well appointed and well maintained. You can't go wrong with NH. What i learnt is they are a hotel chain from Spain. I would definitely stay at NH if my travels take me to Spain.
Highly Recommend it

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HectorGDL, Director General at NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear masoodalam77,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Outstanding hotel in a great location. Spacious and comfortable rooms. Excellent service particularly from the housekeeping and bell staff. I would highly recommend this property to any traveler, particularly the business traveler.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
HectorGDL, Director General at NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Bowers W

Greetings from Guadalajara, and thank you to share your comments about your recent stay in our establishment. On behalf of our entire personnel, we feel very pleasant that you enjoyed all the hotel facilities at all. Your comments are very important to increase the hotel value getting the best recognition as the best hotel in Guadalajara as well.

Kinds regards

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The hotel is exceptional from the rooms to the buffet at breakfast; can walk to several clubs and dining
Definitely where I would stay again, this is my third stay and I enjoy it more and more each time. You will love the fresh juices at breakfast and the service

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
HectorGDL, Director General at NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Mr. Paul L

Kinds regards

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel offers great value for the money and it is very convenient to our office location. The larger rooms are very nice, with a great couch, high ceilings with floor-to-ceiling windows. The hotel has a wonderful breakfast buffet, and a couple of great dining options next door or across the road.

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
HectorGDL, Director General at NH Collection Guadalajara Providencia, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Mr. Marlon M