“Location, location, location.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 122 Hotels in Guadalajara
Port Hope
“Location, location, location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Pretty decent hotel. Somewhat dated. The rooms were clean, and the staff friendly.There wasn't much that I can say "exceeded our expectations" but not a bad place to rest your head. The restaurant offered a fair breakfast buffet, and the servers were very attentive. All in all not a bad place to rest your head. If you expect a five star, you might want to consider elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Modest but clean and a good location in old part of town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wichita
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is an older hotel, but it's very clean and the staff has been accomodating and friendly. There are definitely nicer places to stay, but if you're looking for a good price and an excellent location, this would be hard to beat for the area around Centro...

In my case, I am able to see the Cathedral towers from my room...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

While planning a weekend vacation in Guadalajara, Mexico, I booked the Best Western Hotel Plaza Genova. I then looked up the Tripadivsor 2010 reviews for this hotel.

The poor reviews gave me some concerns about the quality and service of the hotel. However, we did stay at the Best Western Hotel Plaza Genova and here are the results.

When we arrived we were met immediately by a porter to handle our luggage whilst checking in. Our checking in process at 10:30 AM was very courteous and efficient. We were then escorted to our very clean and modern room on the 2nd floor. We found that the location of the hotel was perfect for walking around and exploring the historical El Centro of Guadalajara. We had access to the markets and restaurants without the need for a car or taxis to get around. We were very pleased with this totally non smoking hotel as it offered very good value.

We feel that the negative 2010 Tripadvisor opinions, although maybe appropriate at that time are no longer valid.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank TerryrdBaker
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We are Mexican, and even us, got treated the worst. No Spa, No sauna...as stated. Over CHARGED me. I got it for one night at $82, and when we got there, they did not honor it. The girl took my reservation and threw it away. I went to speak with the manager the next day because I had stapled my bus tix.....HE NEVER showed up to talk. Another girl told us to wait 20 minutes for him. We waited 45....he never showed us. Our bedroom had roaches. We asked for another room. NADA.........nothing. Our AC didn't work.......they sent someone to fix it at 1:30am........stayed until 3am.....didn't fix it. Said sorry.

Go to Hotel San Francisco. Save your money. Best Western only has its location. Save your money and use it on a taxi to the mall. Don't come here. I expected more......especially being Mexican, I felt treated like I was lower class. They didn't know I am a doctor. Chucks.....I guess it is too late for them to say sorry.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hotelnosirve

Travelers are raving about these Guadalajara hotels

Poway, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

Stayed here for the last week of the year. Location can't be beat for tourism- you don't stay in the touristy section which is some 15-20 minutes away and are within walking distance of all the historic sites. Taxi cab rides all end up being low priced because of the centralized location. There are several good places to eat and strolle within two blocks of the building. We had a 6th floor suite and found the place clean, the a/c working perfectly (almost too good!), the restaurant was delicious (enjoy the breakfast!). The staff working there are all top notch - I was quite impressed. Great linens, beds are a bit firm for western tastes - but this isn't a 5 star hotel, so who can complain? If you want a great value and exceptional service (without paying 5 star prices) - I have to say this is the perfect getaway.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
glendale ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

I stayed at the best western twice. The resaon people complain about it because they are spoiled. The service was excellent. The staff was always polite.Once though early in the morning the water was cold for some reason,they appologized and the problem was corrected.I lived in guadalajara for six month's. I am a american citizen no hispanic blood and i would choose to retire their over 90 percent of the world. This is a growing country give it time it will surpas alot of others. Many students take pride in their education as well as dress atire.Those who say that they had a bad experience on this sight are just that. BAD EXPERIENCE> Not to themselves to others.They would find something wrong in all parts of the world.Please remember we have streets in los angeles and others parts of the U.S that are far worse.Look at the mess after Katrina,years later and still sits as the day it happened.So in closing enjoy what good you see and that should surpase the bad.Their are alot of things to see and do their and you could never get tired.I worked and toured 6 months and never got enough there is alot to see./Paul

• Liked — LOCATION
  • Stayed May 2003, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pkuz