“rooms awful, food good, service good, location not good”

Mision Guadalajara Carlton
Ranked #45 of 131 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stayed here in which when i stepped in the room i thought i had stepped in a time machine, very out dated the shower didnt work, it is not in the main city part as such next to a main road with a wall mart across from it i would advise a taxi ride to the centre especially at night, food is good, staff were realy friendly, but i think room standards are crucial to this hotel and they were very poor

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank blinker09

Reviewed January 22, 2009

The hotel needs to be updated & modernized. The hotel is located in a busy intersection which is loud & kind of hard to get some sleep and a bit far away from the Cathedral & all the main attractions. The rooms were a bit yucky the carpet is stained & the bathroom was kind of gross. The internet picture kind of fool you which appears to look nice but reality is it's not for me.

The staff was not very welcoming. I was charged for a bottle of Gatorated that I bought elsewhere & I put in the mini refrigerator so it can get cold and disputed the charge in my room. The parking attendant was nice & welcoming so for the most part I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank liljro
Reviewed May 19, 2008

I visited this hotel with a friend of mine while traveling thorugh Jalisco. We had made reservations for two nights. Don't let the pretty lobby fool you, service is terrible. We were given a room in the new remodeled tower. The beds were hard and the pillows seemed like they had bricks inside. The disco is located on the top floor but vibrates the entire building-all night long. Service at the restaurant is terrible, I was served a cold soup. It took me about 10 min to get the attention of a waiter who asked me what I wanted from another table, he took my soup and seemed irritated. By the time my soup came, my friend was done with her meal. We also waited for our check for about 30 minutes and once we got to the cashier she stated that it still was not ready and gave me attitude. The waiters hover above you to see what kind of tip you are leaving. To top it off, I asked the front desk staff to borrow a pen and her response was that she only had one pen and when she was not busy she would look for one! Needless to say, we checked out and stayed in a lovely B&B in Tlaquepaque which is a small town outside of Guadalajara.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank sfseus
Reviewed March 15, 2008

Hotel pictures look nice n the internet, when you get to the hotel the lobby looks nice, elevators are ok, restaurant is ok, location is ok but the rooms are REALLY bad.... they are dark, old, do not have ac, the bathroom very small. Rooms do not have a safebox but they offer safe box for free at the front desk. remote control they need a usd 20.00 deposit, we tried to upgrade to a suite but the difference in price was almost triple. not worth it as far as rooms is concerned but everything else seems to be ok. In case you want to go to zona centro- downtown to see the Metropolitan Cathedral do not attempt to walk there, is not far but its safer to take a taxi for 200pesos.... about 2usd

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank papanico
Reviewed February 10, 2008

The lobby is okay, the restaurant offers average food. The room was a total dissapointment. Dark red and blue paint from the 60's. The carpet was worn out, the beds extremely hard, the towels off white and thin. The door knob in the bathoom was loose, old and shabby furniture. Compare it to a motel 8, but motel 8 is cleaner. To top it off, we forgot three jacket after check-out. We immediately called to notify the front desk. I was told to call back to confirm the jackets were left behind, which we did. All jackets were accounted for. We were told they would hold them for a month. we returned four days later to be told that only two jackets were collected. I argued to no avail. My wife and I were told we were lucky we at least got some jackets back. Some employee is wearing a very expensive jacket. Being used to staying at the best hotels in Las Vegas, I expected something similar from this hotel. What a nightmare.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank K9dog
Reviewed November 28, 2007

This hotel is in bad need of remodeling. The rooms are dark, carpet is dirty and stained and the bathrooms are minimally finctional (toilet wouldn't flush, shower dripped, tiles missing). Would not stay there again, given the choice.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank EAHWorldwide
Reviewed July 26, 2007

And when someone came to see about it they asked me if it was EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO HAVE ONE!!!!!!!
The towels were dirty. Every day i left a note asking for hand towels next to the tip but never got hand towels only took tips. They never ansewer the phone at the front desk. The place looks like if it's 100 years old, and also smells like it. Not worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family