“Guadalajara trip January 2014”
Review of Hilton Guadalajara

Hilton Guadalajara
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Los Angeles, California
“Guadalajara trip January 2014”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Excellent property. Well maintained and everyone I met who worked for the Hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. The location is convenient to most of the popular locations a person would like to visit. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you very much for this lovely report. We really appreciate to hear that you have liked our installations, the condition of the same, the location and the friendly staff.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future and remain.

Peter M.Leder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My family spent a night in the hotel before catching a flight to USA. The location is convenient, the hotel lobby is impressive, and the service is courteous. The room was spacious, but was showing its age (e.g. cracks in the bathroom). We were on the HHonors floor. The executive lounge is excellent, with a good choice of breakfast items. Also, the evening spread is fairly good. The staff is very helpful in giving tips about restaurants, etc. Overall, it is a typical Hilton property, which means that it provides very good service and comfort. My only reservation is that there was no recognition being Hilton Gold. I had reserved a club floor room, but was given a room on HHonors floor. Instead of an upgrade, I believe that I was downgraded.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ChefHubby
Thank you very much for your very interesting comments which help us to improve our services every day. We are happy to hear that you found our associates to be courteous and helpful. Being a HHonors Gold Member I would like to explain In respect to your up grade I have to say that unfortunately sometimes our Executive Floor is booked and therefore we gave you an up grade to the Club Floor with access to the Executive lounge as you mention in your comments.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and remain.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Average is not exactly what I feel about this hotel, it is a good HIlton brand hotel, with above average service and a FANTASTIC breakfast served in the Lounge for Elite Hilton members. The room that was offered after an upgrade was not the ones offered at the executive floor, but ones at the 8th floor called "club" floor.
As a Gold tier Hilton Member, normally I stay on executive floor units when a upgrade is possible, but here they came with this "club" level located on 7th and 8th of 20 floors and no upgrade is offered to those whatsoever tier your are (unless you pay for the "club"units).
But, make no mistake, Club and executive rooms are no different in size and layout, just a few details and amenities more are offered in the executive rooms (for example, it has a hardwood floor instead of carpet, some details like that).
The ABSOLUTELY WORST thing about the rooms that made my personal rate came down to "poor" and "sleep quality"down to average were some presence/ motions sensors found in every room with the purpose to avoid electricity "waste" . Those keep turning off the lights and air conditioning during the night and also made my laptop shut off several times as a consequence of that. I would strongly suggest to replace those for the card system or none at all, since this is supposed to be an upscale hotel.
It is a good hotel overall, but it made me look for alternatives next time I come to Guadalajara.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank You very much for your detailed comments. We are very happy to hear that you liked our breakfast in the Executive lounge. As you are surely aware we had up graded you to the Club floor as it is not possible to accommodate all the Diamond and Gold members as well as guests who pay for the Executive floor on this two floors. We have taken note of your suggestions in respect to the air-condition system.

Looking forward to be of service to you in the near future, I remain

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for five nights, and, as I wasn't a member of any club, privilege or fidelity programme, was assigned a presumably "normal" room on the fifth floor. I was surprised and extremely disappointed to book into a hotel with such a prestigious name and high price tag to find the bedroom interiors so old and almost shabby looking. Moreover, the wifi didn't work in the room where I wanted to work, and overall the experience spoiled my trip. There is a brand new and very modern Westin Hotel that colleagues stayed in next door, and that's where I would go on another occasion. A shock and great disappointment, especially as some of the staff we're so nice to deal with.

Room Tip: Don't go there unless you are entitled to high level room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments about your last stay in our hotel. We are terribly sorry that you have found your room was not to your expectations and assure you that we are in a continuous refurbishing program to make sure that these types of breakdowns do not occur.

We are happy to hear that our staff has been friendly and courteous while you were in our hotel.

Once again accept our apologies for the occurred and hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I travel to Guadalajara very often for business, but I never consider this hotel before cause the outlook is a bit old. What a mistake I made several times! Compared to all the hotels of similar star rating in the city, this is probably the best of them. The renovated rooms (Executive Level) are superb, a new and modern lobby, excellent location and good staff. The only thing they can improve is the quality of the foods in rooms service, the prices are fair for a four star hotel food tough.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your fine comments about our hotel. I have taken note of the shortcomings in reference to our room service food and have instructed our Executive chef to revise our Menus and quality of the same.

We do apologize for the occurred and hope to welcome you back soon

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This is only the 2nd review I have written...ever. I do so because I noticed another recent review that I fInd impossible to believe.

In a nutshell, the Guadalajara Hilton may have the best trained, friendliest, and most conscientious staff anywhere.

That personal "custom-fit" service, combined with excellent food, a superb spa and gym (with very reasonable prices for massage, etc), a great location, very comfortable beds, attention to detail and thorough security makes for a reliably friendly, enjoyable, comfortable and secure stay.

The breakfast in the main restaurant is superb. In addition to an excellent buffet selection, they will cook to order Omelets (my usual choice), French Toast, eggs, or whatever. They have an incredibly wide selection of ingredients for the Omelets. The lunch and dinner selection and quality is first class, far better than the usual hotel restaurant fare.

If you are able to visit the executive floor in the evening, they have a great mix of food, drinks and desserts. And they do a good job of changing the "main" selection almost nightly...the last night I was there I had delicious bite sized pieces of steak & mushrooms with an amazing mole sauce.

I have stayed at the Hilton in Guadalajara around 10 different times in the past year. Each time I received the same reliable first-class service. I was there last for two weeks in November.

I have rented the conference facilities on several occasions for groups of around 60 people. The conference rooms and associated food and service staff have been top notch.

I travel far more than anyone should, and, like most "road warriors", I insist on staying only at the best hotels with decent gyms, first-class accommodations, excellent service & security, along with great food. The HIlton in Guadalajara has never let me down.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rusty075
Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful comments which I have posted in all departments as a way of saying thank you to all my associates who really work hard every single day of the year in order to make our guest happy and give them a good service.

We are glad that you had an excellent stay in our hotel and look forward to be of service to you many times more in the not so distant future

Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at the hotel several times while traveling for business. The rooms are not bad if you land on the right floor and room. The food is indescribably bad. Only thing eatable is a tuna sandwich. During my last stay I arrived after a very long day long flight and just wanted a simple meal and sleep. First the TV was not working. Then I ordered a pizza and chicken soup. Can't be complicated I thought. I WAS WRONG!!. The chicken soup smelled of rotten chicken so bad it made it impossible to even keep it in the room. I called room service to pick it up. Then I tried the pizza (plain cheese pizza) and even it smelled so bad it was not eatable. I had the room service guy smell it too and he agreed it was not acceptable. The smell of the room was so full of rotten chicken that I asked to be moved. the manager on duty was nice enough to offer me a suite which I did not need but just wanted out of my room. The suite was large and nice but....the bathroom always smelled of sewage every night when I came from work. I stopped complaining and just finished my 8 day stay. Btw, a similar problem with food happened to me a year earlier. That time it was a horrible smelling fish which also resulted in a change of room. I have no idea why they can't solve the food problem. It should be so simple and it would really elevate the level of the hotel a few notches. Btw, the spa is excellent, steam room is great, the Concierge lady is exceptionally good. I have to stay there again this coming week and I just pray that I get the right room, on a good floor and will NEVER order food there again. Unless it was that plain Tuna Sandwich of course when I am disparate!!

Room Tip: try for 18th floor if lucky. Executive floors 19 and 20 are best.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments mainly about the bad food you had received while staying in our hotel. We are terribly sorry to learn that you did not like anything which was served with the exception of the Tuna Sandwich. We are very concerned about your comments mainly because we serve over 30.000 food covers every month and have a total of 8 food inspections during the year where the health authorities as well as the inspectors from Hilton take samples and make microbiological checks as well as they are checking temperatures of Coolers, Refrigerators, Ice machines cleanliness in kitchens, Storerooms etc. and we have not had any incident like yours during the entire year.

Once again I am truly sorry that it happened to you for which we dearly apologize.

On the other hand I am glad that the Concierge and the Spa provided a good service to you.

Looking forward to welcome you back, I remain