“Amazing surprise”
Review of Hilton Guadalajara

Hilton Guadalajara
Ranked #17 of 130 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I travel to Guadalajara very often for business, but I never consider this hotel before cause the outlook is a bit old. What a mistake I made several times! Compared to all the hotels of similar star rating in the city, this is probably the best of them. The renovated rooms (Executive Level) are superb, a new and modern lobby, excellent location and good staff. The only thing they can improve is the quality of the foods in rooms service, the prices are fair for a four star hotel food tough.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your fine comments about our hotel. I have taken note of the shortcomings in reference to our room service food and have instructed our Executive chef to revise our Menus and quality of the same.

We do apologize for the occurred and hope to welcome you back soon

Peter M. Leder

Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This is only the 2nd review I have written...ever. I do so because I noticed another recent review that I fInd impossible to believe.

In a nutshell, the Guadalajara Hilton may have the best trained, friendliest, and most conscientious staff anywhere.

That personal "custom-fit" service, combined with excellent food, a superb spa and gym (with very reasonable prices for massage, etc), a great location, very comfortable beds, attention to detail and thorough security makes for a reliably friendly, enjoyable, comfortable and secure stay.

The breakfast in the main restaurant is superb. In addition to an excellent buffet selection, they will cook to order Omelets (my usual choice), French Toast, eggs, or whatever. They have an incredibly wide selection of ingredients for the Omelets. The lunch and dinner selection and quality is first class, far better than the usual hotel restaurant fare.

If you are able to visit the executive floor in the evening, they have a great mix of food, drinks and desserts. And they do a good job of changing the "main" selection almost nightly...the last night I was there I had delicious bite sized pieces of steak & mushrooms with an amazing mole sauce.

I have stayed at the Hilton in Guadalajara around 10 different times in the past year. Each time I received the same reliable first-class service. I was there last for two weeks in November.

I have rented the conference facilities on several occasions for groups of around 60 people. The conference rooms and associated food and service staff have been top notch.

I travel far more than anyone should, and, like most "road warriors", I insist on staying only at the best hotels with decent gyms, first-class accommodations, excellent service & security, along with great food. The HIlton in Guadalajara has never let me down.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rusty075

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful comments which I have posted in all departments as a way of saying thank you to all my associates who really work hard every single day of the year in order to make our guest happy and give them a good service.

We are glad that you had an excellent stay in our hotel and look forward to be of service to you many times more in the not so distant future

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at the hotel several times while traveling for business. The rooms are not bad if you land on the right floor and room. The food is indescribably bad. Only thing eatable is a tuna sandwich. During my last stay I arrived after a very long day long flight and just wanted a simple meal and sleep. First the TV was not working. Then I ordered a pizza and chicken soup. Can't be complicated I thought. I WAS WRONG!!. The chicken soup smelled of rotten chicken so bad it made it impossible to even keep it in the room. I called room service to pick it up. Then I tried the pizza (plain cheese pizza) and even it smelled so bad it was not eatable. I had the room service guy smell it too and he agreed it was not acceptable. The smell of the room was so full of rotten chicken that I asked to be moved. the manager on duty was nice enough to offer me a suite which I did not need but just wanted out of my room. The suite was large and nice but....the bathroom always smelled of sewage every night when I came from work. I stopped complaining and just finished my 8 day stay. Btw, a similar problem with food happened to me a year earlier. That time it was a horrible smelling fish which also resulted in a change of room. I have no idea why they can't solve the food problem. It should be so simple and it would really elevate the level of the hotel a few notches. Btw, the spa is excellent, steam room is great, the Concierge lady is exceptionally good. I have to stay there again this coming week and I just pray that I get the right room, on a good floor and will NEVER order food there again. Unless it was that plain Tuna Sandwich of course when I am disparate!!

Room Tip: try for 18th floor if lucky. Executive floors 19 and 20 are best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments mainly about the bad food you had received while staying in our hotel. We are terribly sorry to learn that you did not like anything which was served with the exception of the Tuna Sandwich. We are very concerned about your comments mainly because we serve over 30.000 food covers every month and have a total of 8 food inspections during the year where the health authorities as well as the inspectors from Hilton take samples and make microbiological checks as well as they are checking temperatures of Coolers, Refrigerators, Ice machines cleanliness in kitchens, Storerooms etc. and we have not had any incident like yours during the entire year.

Once again I am truly sorry that it happened to you for which we dearly apologize.

On the other hand I am glad that the Concierge and the Spa provided a good service to you.

Looking forward to welcome you back, I remain

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I would stay here again. it is a safe area and right across from the Expo Guadalajara. It is only 100 pesos to get down town from here. Lots of great restaurants within a 100 peso cab ride. within walking distance of the World Trade Center and Canadian Embassy.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your very nice comments. All of us are very happy that you had a great time in Guadalajara and at the Hilton.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon, I remain

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I booked the Hilton Guadalajara using Hilton points for 3 nights in late August 2013. I was upgraded to the 18th floor for being a DIamond member at check-in. I was also given access to free wifi and access to the lounge on the 20th floor for breakfast and evening reception.

Check-in was fast and easy and the front desk staff was very friendly. Unlike other Hilton properties where you have access to wi-fi with your room number and last name, this property requiered a special code given to you at check-in and they ask you the number of devices that you would be connecting using this password. I had some issues connecting and losing the password, but the front desk was fast in issuing another code.

The room was a bit small as with a baby crib I had very little room with one king bed. The shower and sink seem a little out of date, and although they were very clean and well kept, you could tell that that room hadnt been remodeled in a number of years. The TV had a good number of channels in many languages and had PPV movies, which was great. The movie we ordered was about 10.50 USD and we were able to pause and continue watching the next morning which was a great feature. The maids were awesome in providing extra towels and bottled water when needed.

One complaint is that this hotel does not have ice machines on any floor. You need to call room service and they will provide it for you, its free, but not convenient.

We ordered room service and it was great. Food arrived quickly and it was a tasty club sandwich, and the cost was not too bad either ( I dont recall the exact prices).

The access to the 19th floor was the best as the staff was always willing to provide the best service. In the morning they had a good array of 6-8 choices of hot entrees, including a healthy option, and juice, cereal fruit, pastries, that was all fresh and nicely arranged. In the evenings, they had hors de ouevres, and free wine and beer. Please dont forget to tip the staff they are awesome and do a great job. I noticed that most people were not tipping, but your tip can be charged to the room if needed.

The bell men and the concierge were very friendly. Overall I cannot stress the great people that work at this property. This was my second time visiting with my family and we have always received excellent service from their staff.

Room Tip: rooms facing the expo offers an awesome view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank spideymph
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your very nice comments which I am happy to comment with all our staff .We are glad to hear that you had a great time in our hotel and were satisfied with our services.

We are looking forward to be of service to you in the near future and remain

Peter m. Leder

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Sent shirts to be laundered, clearly marked that I wanted them folded, they came back on hangers. One shirt still had stain on it when they sent it back to me. Maid left only decaf coffee. I asked at the front desk to replace it with regular coffee. Seven hours later they still hadn't sent any regular coffee to the room. The Assistant Manager on duty, Juan Carlos, looked like a deer in the headlights when confronted with these service failures. He had no idea how to respond to my rage!

Equally incompetent staff in the restaurant for breakfast. I prefer to order off the menu, not the buffet. The last two mornings, they show you to a table then leave you for at least 10 minutes before even bringing a menu.

If you're here for something at the Expo, the location is perfect, but I hear the Westin next door is a much better choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your very valuable comments. We do apologize for the failures in service and have taken corrective actions in order to prevent future breakdowns of this nature. Be assured we value you as a very important guest and hope to have the opportunity to show you in a future visit that this is not our normal service which we provide to our guests.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is located just in front of the main entrance to the Expo Guadalajara so is ideal, like other chain hotels nearby, to attend the event happening in the Expo. I stayed 5 days for a business meeting which attracted almost 2,000 visitors from around the world. The hotel services have the high standard of Hilton brand and Mexico tourist industry, the breakfast buffet has all the hearty options of the international and Mexican cuisine, I enjoyed the ample room and comfortable bed, after a long day of meetings and presentations was good to do some exercises at the gym and / or relax at the swimming pool. Be aware of what is included in your tariff because my apparently $109 good rate turned much higher after adding the 19% tax, a high exchange rate and the costs for breakfast and internet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments about your last stay in our hotel. We are happy to hear that you liked our rooms, the Gym and the pool which you used while staying in our hotel.
We hope to be able to welcome you back soon in the near future.