“Nice place, but minor problems”
Review of Hilton Guadalajara

Hilton Guadalajara
Ranked #17 of 130 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed the the Hilton Guadalajara many times during the last 3-4 years. Generally I have had great experiences there. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and a great expansive Breakfast buffet that is included in my corporate rate. But the last 2 times I have been there (most recently Jan'13), the AC in my room had problems such that I had to change rooms one time, and the AC had to be serviced another time. Seems like they need to be more proactive about maintenance. Carpets were pretty dingy this last time also. Hopefully I just had the bad luck of getting the only 2 rooms that had AC problems. Otherwise this is a great place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Henneman
HiltonGuadalajara, Director General at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay in reference to your air-condition problem and condition of carpet. I want to personally apologize that some services of the hotel where not as good as our standards demand. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. We value you as a frequent guest and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. We would like to thank you for having taken the time to let us know of your experience. Looking forward to have the pleasure to welcome you in the near future I remain.

Peter M. Leder

Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the Expo-Guadalajara which is the place where we go for business. Nice-spacious-clean rooms, great service, fine restaurants on site. The concierge service is excellent. They are always willing to help if you need directions, reservations with outside restaurants, or to get a taxi to see the city, go to the airport or visit the city. The breakfast is good, whether you need room service or you want to eat at the restaurant. Good variety and fresh food. I love their orange juice, fresh-fresh-fresh. Good choice for business, I may use it in the future for a family vacation. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chiki2399

Thank you very much indeed for your very favorable comments which I have shared with my associates knowing that they all strive to excel them self every day to please our customers.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon, I remain

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here for Christmas! the hotel will not disapponted you at all, but in my opinion is just fair for a Hilton. The rooms are well maintained but average. The bathroom was so small, that taking a showers was not that pleasant. There was no bathtube. Thevservice was great! no complains on this. The pool was nice. In the overall, it is a nice hotel, but it did not really met my expectations for a Hilton.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kyfonky
HiltonGuadalajara, Director General at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. I am terribly sorry that we could not meet your expectations but would like to inform you that all our 172 double/double rooms have bathtubs unfortunately you were in a King-size room which has a shower installed.

We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

It was a great hotel....really super great hotel.
Actually we were supposed to stay here for our X-mas holiday 2011, but since they closed the swimming pool, I had to cancel.
Ms. Adriana was sooo helpful during the cancelation process.
For some reason, I didn't get refunded for the cancelation, but Ms. Adriana gave us credit for our next stay there PLUS an upgrade.
so to make story short, i made a reservation for this X-mas holiday to stay there.
As she promised, when we checked in, they gave us an upgrade to the Club Floor, with breakfast at the Executive Floor, as well as Cocktail at 6pm-8pm at the Executive Floor too.
We went up to our room which was on the 7th floor.
The room was spacious, beds are comfy, love the duvet......TV was great and big....with lots of channels..(incl DW and NHK)....nice huge window (although the view was not so good, but it's ok)......with bathtub, love the bathroom too.
Cocktail and breakfast was super great. The food were super tasty.......different variety, the staff were attentive.....and they always have fresh fruits.....the view from the Executive Floor was stunning....with windows around it....
Swimming pool was great too.....always clean..although on our last day, we couldn't swim, bcoz the water was cold..and it was kinda cold in the morning....so my kids settles in the bathtub with warmer water...:P
So overall stay, it was really amazing.....all the staff, incl. the guy in the parking area are super nice and friendly.
it's recommended...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank julindo

Thank you very much for your very favorable comments which I gladly will share with my associates, knowing that they all give their best every day in order to please our guests.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon and remain

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton when I visited the famous Feria del Libro. This is a great place to stay if you are going to the Expo-- nice facilities, great breakfasts, and an excellent staff! It looks to have been recently refurbished.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Indeed, it is with pleasure that we have received your very nice comments about our hotel. All of us are trying very hard to please our guests every day and it is therefore so special to receive comments like yours.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future and remain

Reviewed December 10, 2012

we stayed here for a business trip last week and were surprised how it not only was better than the last time but the room we were given was bigger and the buffet was tastier
we came during the hight od the convention season but they had plenty of rooms available
the girls at the front desk especially sonya was very professional and could see that we were tired so she made sure we were taken care of right away
fernando the bell man and moses made sure our car was parked and our luggage got up stairs with out incident
we like to stay on the 7th floor because the hotel has an open buffet that you can purchase for a few extra dollars and day but this was being remodeled so they let us go upstairs to the exective floor which has an exceptional layout of everything you could ask for
we only wanted a few beers and wanted to relax after driving 4 hours from puerto vallarta
the beers were ice cold and the next morning we had a breakfast to remember
we only got to stay 3 days but wish we could have stayed a week
thanks hilton for all the hard work
we'll be back soon

Room Tip: 803 is the biggest and quitest room they have
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, Director General at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

We are very happy that your stay with us was a successful one and are happy that the daily efforts of all our associates to please our guests have given positive results.

We would like to wish you a HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON and look forward to see you soon back at your home away from home.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I always stay at Hilton Guadalajara, where I have experienced an excellent service and attention; its facilities are very comfortable; I always find fresh and innovative touches of service. To me is one of the best options to stay, when traveling to GDL, either being for pleasure or on business; therefore I highly recommend the Hilton GDL Hotel.

Room Tip: The executive or special club floors (18 and 19th) have a excellent concept of service
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We are very happy that you have found our services to your entire satisfaction and thank you for having taken the time to let us know.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon and remain