“It's ok but there are better options”

Fiesta Americana Guadalajara
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Buffalo
“It's ok but there are better options”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Interesting hotel, I was there for 4 nights mon-friday for business last week. Like other reviewers noted the hotel interior is dated. But it is clean, the service is good, and the food in the bar and restaurant is pretty good. Get the tacos Arrachera in the bar if you want a small good meal. The restaurant had "italian/argentinian" food, not very mexican, so I only ate their once for dinner and it was ok. The tortilla soup was like tomato soup with little flavor. The breakfast buffet is nice, juices and fruits are awesome and probably local. BUT, breakfast doesn't start until 7am - on the days I needed to go to work before then I picked up some juice and breakfast bars at the oxxo store across the street. Other than a couple gas stations and convenience stores there are very few offerings within 2-3 blocks that I noticed, so I ate in the hotel every night.

My room was on the top floor. The view was amazing. But, the entire floor has large glass windows and they don't even try to control the temperature. It was probably 90 degrees during the day outside my room. But the room did have decent enough a/c to keep the room comfortable. Room overall was clean; tv and beds were decent; but bathroom tube drain was clogged, so had to stand in shower water every day.

I've stayed in the Hilton and nearby Holiday Inn Select and would probably choose one of them for my next visit or the Fiesta Grande which is much newer, was closer to where I was working and had many more local restaurant options.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeffrizo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2010

The only person that had a great customer service was the drugstore cashiers. Other than that, going to this hotel for business wont make you miss your work. You are always surrounded by bureaucratic employees, following stupid rules that make no sense and forgeting about customer service. I travel a lot to latin america because of work and this was an unforgettable bad experience. Oh and they charge per parking day and for wi- fi. I dont thinl is right

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank bambamgp
Mexico City
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I spent the weekend here as I wanted a fancier hotel this stay. The 4 old elevators (1 was broken al lthe time) in this 22 story hotel are as slow as I remember them 15 years ago. The hotel restaurant has no charm and for the buffet breakfast, we were asked our room number and if breakfast was included in our rate a total of 5 times. (Let me eat in peace and I do not care if I pay or if included.) The next day we went to another hotel for a more charming and fresher breakfast. Wireless interenet was expensive at 170 pesos per 24 hours and it disconnected so often I gave up and went to work on Sunday afternoon when I got home rather than be frustrated there. I reported to the hotel and they admitted they saw 17 minutes of use and my room was not near the antenna and still billed me the whole thing. The lower floor rooms are gross and higher floor rooms are renovated but not with modern flat screen TVs (flat screen with big unit outside), dusty, rock hard mattresses and I loved the clock radio had not been adjusted since we moved our clocks ahead 2 weeks ago. Zero attentikon to detail. To top it off, the escalator down to the 2nd basement parking level was broken when we were leaving so we had to crawl down the stairs with our luggage.

I assume Grupo Posadas has stopped investing in its hotels and plans to close them using the odd strategy they followed with their airline, Mexicana de Aviacion. It is the only excuse I could think of for this dump.

Next time back to Camino Real Expo or event Holiday Inn Express for a comfortable stay at a lower price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Happy_on_the_road
lawrenceville, ga
Reviewed March 3, 2010

So I found a decent price for this hotel and went to their website to book it. then my trip was canceled and they would not allow me to get a refund or credit for future stay. they said all of their reservations are not able to cancel unless i book through a 1.800 number. hello, isn't this year 2010!? *also good to note that i tried to cancel and entire month in advance*

*by the way i have also stayed here twice before and they are using manual credit card machines, take 30 minutes to check you out of your room, and they do not know how to apply frequent flyer miles. also the hotel is outdated, overpriced, and foul-smelling.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank sfollett
Intrepid Londoner
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Overall the reviews have got it right - this hotel is well worth the money and I think it is pretty reasonable.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Very nice rooms, great staff, fantastic location and great views. We stayed for three nights and were very satisfied. Also, the rooms are very quiet, which is rare.

Continental Airlines was and always is a nightmare, but the hotel we stayed at was great.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Stayed at the Fiesta Americana Guadalajara 5 nights for a business trip. Hotel room and bathroom was a little older than I expected - but overall it was a nice stay. Rooms were very clean. I ordered room service a few nights - and the food was actually very good. Staff was helpful and pleasant.

• Liked — friendly staff, good food, good location
  • Disliked — hotel needs some updates
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business