“Not A Good Stop”

Ranked #86 of 170 things to do in Guadalajara
More attraction details
Owner description: This stadium hosts major bullfighting exhibitions as well as concerts and other events.
Katy, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Not A Good Stop”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited Progresso as one of our stops on the cruise. I cannot believe cruise ships stop here. I felt like I was in a poverty stricken militarized zone. Nothing happened but never really felt good about being in port. Took a drive to the Yucatan Peninsula, the excursion we booked was pretty bad. They really didn’t deliver what was promised, the beach was fine except the water was brown and had an offense odor. Needless to say I never need to go back to this part of the world.

Visited January 2013

plymouth
197 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“First visit to Mexico”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my first visit to Mexico and we arrived by cruise ship from where we went to Dzibilchalton and Marida. This is major port for Mexico so is quite industrial and not really a place to explore for long. Dzibilchalton is about 1.5 hour drive each way and good introduction to Mayan and Aztec architecture. Had a brief visit to Merida on our return journey which has some interesting buildings

Visited October 2012
Purvis, Mississippi
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“This place saddened me more than making me feel like i had a good day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visited progresso since it was a stop on our cruise. I was not expecting much, since what i heard from many, and i found that to be true.I read up on some things to do before we left on our cruise.We were taken to the bus stop and started walking around. Saw poverty that truly saddened me. We went to the Melacon strip to look at the shops, but really only saw places to eat. I cannot even count the number of people that came up to us wanting to sell us something, including small children. . We also walked to the local market and walked thru and watched local people buying things. We then decided to go back to the malecon to have what we were told as 2 for 5 dollar margaritas. We sat at the beach of Le Saint Bonnet where this deal was going on. We ordered the margaritas and they also brought out a small order of chips and salsa, though we did not ask for it. We were sitting with a couple that ordered the same thing and 1 can of sprite. When we asked for our ticket, the told us it was 25.00 . we told them they were wrong and they said we had chips. told them we did not order that. I gave him the money for mine and my husbands drink. The other couple gave them their money for the margaritas they ordered and the guy told him the sprite was an additional 5.00 . The girl spoke spanish and she told them there was no way. She told him she would give him 1.00 and he said that it would be 2.00. They argued and he got the menu and showed her it was 2.00 and she questioned why he told her it was 5 dollars then. They truly was trying to overprice all of us. Progresso saddened me more than being a enjoyable trip. I hope the cruise industry in time will help build this area up. By lunch time, we had seen enough and went back to the cruise ship

Visited August 2012
Beaumont, Texas
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Nice beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

We have been to progresso several times. The cruise ships have a bus area which is free and they drive you to a flea market plaza. Nothing great about the flea market if you walk outside of that plaza and just walk down the street you get to the beach. The beach is nice, there are local that try and sell you things which we find fun haggling with them. Although this may not be for everyone. If you want a private beach than I would suggest signing up on one of the excusions the cruise lines offer.

Visited November 2011
Salmon Arm, Canada
“The Yucatan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We just got back from driving around the Yucatan for 16 day, it was the best trip ive ever done. We stay at little fishing village, drove in the jungle,wwent were most people would not go a vacation. Driving in the Yucatan is good no hassles at all.Go to Progresso,Merdia Izmal, is a fewplaces that are a must.

Visited January 2012