“This place saddened me more than making me feel like i had a good day!”

Ranked #85 of 171 things to do in Guadalajara
More attraction details
Owner description: This stadium hosts major bullfighting exhibitions as well as concerts and other events.
Purvis, Mississippi
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“This place saddened me more than making me feel like i had a good day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visited progresso since it was a stop on our cruise. I was not expecting much, since what i heard from many, and i found that to be true.I read up on some things to do before we left on our cruise.We were taken to the bus stop and started walking around. Saw poverty that truly saddened me. We went to the Melacon strip to look at the shops, but really only saw places to eat. I cannot even count the number of people that came up to us wanting to sell us something, including small children. . We also walked to the local market and walked thru and watched local people buying things. We then decided to go back to the malecon to have what we were told as 2 for 5 dollar margaritas. We sat at the beach of Le Saint Bonnet where this deal was going on. We ordered the margaritas and they also brought out a small order of chips and salsa, though we did not ask for it. We were sitting with a couple that ordered the same thing and 1 can of sprite. When we asked for our ticket, the told us it was 25.00 . we told them they were wrong and they said we had chips. told them we did not order that. I gave him the money for mine and my husbands drink. The other couple gave them their money for the margaritas they ordered and the guy told him the sprite was an additional 5.00 . The girl spoke spanish and she told them there was no way. She told him she would give him 1.00 and he said that it would be 2.00. They argued and he got the menu and showed her it was 2.00 and she questioned why he told her it was 5 dollars then. They truly was trying to overprice all of us. Progresso saddened me more than being a enjoyable trip. I hope the cruise industry in time will help build this area up. By lunch time, we had seen enough and went back to the cruise ship

Visited August 2012

Beaumont, Texas
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Nice beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

We have been to progresso several times. The cruise ships have a bus area which is free and they drive you to a flea market plaza. Nothing great about the flea market if you walk outside of that plaza and just walk down the street you get to the beach. The beach is nice, there are local that try and sell you things which we find fun haggling with them. Although this may not be for everyone. If you want a private beach than I would suggest signing up on one of the excusions the cruise lines offer.

Visited November 2011
Salmon Arm, Canada
“The Yucatan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We just got back from driving around the Yucatan for 16 day, it was the best trip ive ever done. We stay at little fishing village, drove in the jungle,wwent were most people would not go a vacation. Driving in the Yucatan is good no hassles at all.Go to Progresso,Merdia Izmal, is a fewplaces that are a must.

Visited January 2012
Guadalajara
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Plaza Nuevo Progresso”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

restaurants, shops, interesting things nearby and within...gives an overview of what can be bought locally

Indiana
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“PROGRESSO MEXICO-NOT WORTH THE VISIT”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I always try to be upbeat and positive in my life. However, I must also be honest. The trip to Progresso was a huge disappointment.
The cruise line provides you with a bus ride to a flea market. You take a nice air condtioned bus, when you get there its a total disappointment. There is really just nothing you couldnt find at a flea market in the U.S. It was full of junk made in China being passed off as Mexican. The place is set up in an abandoned parking lot, its just not nice in anyway.
We took off on foot to look around and there just is not one thing you would miss.
We are both seasoned travelers and love to immerse into the culture, this place is not great place to make this experience.
The cruise ship should be a bit embarassed of passing this place off as a destintion.
I almost forgot the ride back to the ship....We were picked up back at the flea market by the most filthy disgusting bus, it stank and there was no air conditioning, it was 107 degrees outside and inside the bus. We did inquire if we could wait on an bus with ac and we were just laughed at. If you are from a Northern state you understand. The ship docks 6 miles down the world longest pier from the town.

However, its saving grace was a georgous beach. And a couple bars facing the water.

So I would suggest if you end up in Progresso Mexico take a ship excursion or possibly just go to the beach for the day.

Visited September 2011