“Great location & staff”

Ranked #52 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Dublin, Ireland
“Great location & staff”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed 5 nights although due to work commitments, didn't see much of hotel personally, however my wife did spend lots of time there and the staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating as a result, with assistance and recommendations locally. Spacious room, great location for shopping and eating in Plaza de Sol.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Veronica A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, May 4, 2017
Dear Jakemex

Thank you for your comment and for choosing our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you again as a guest at our hotel.

Hotel Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manzanillo, Mexico
Reviewed October 18, 2012

first off i hated the parking service and space!! there was a non-existent parking service, well i did saw this 1 guy running around and trying to resolve the traffic problem in their tiny parking space which is basically a 100sqmt parking space for 2 hotels. so forget parking valet!
Moving on to the service which was on borderline average to bad, considering the price you pay for a night one would expect a better service. at breakfast time there was just 1 waiter who didnt even attend to us nor spoke one word to us, everything was pretty much self service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Chloe M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you received service which was less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This seems to be an old independent hotel that recently became affiliated to Staybridge.
The hotel is good, location is good, value is good, but definitely has nothing to do with other Staybridge properties that I stayed in throughout the U.S.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MauriceMauricioS
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear MauriceSuarez,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased our location suited you well and glad you found our hotel to be of good value. Please accept my sincere apology for falling short of your expectations. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
mumbai
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at staybridge in Oct 2010.Its a nice place within walking distance to Plaza de sol shopping area.We stayed in a one bedroom suite.The breakfast spread has limited vegetarian option,not that i am a vegetarian but had ample varieties of pork.
Hotel had a decent gym with a business centre to check Emails,happy hours with wines,heated pool with barbecue.The staff has difficulty in understanding English.Overall good value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear travelfreak_me

Thank you for your comment and for choosing our hotel.
We are proud that you have enjoyed your stay and hope to have you again as a guest in our hotel.

Now we have a team that speaks English, Spanish and Japanese.

We hope to see you again soon

Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have stayed here several times. Each time has been for 2 week stays. This is my first time since it has been redone as a Staybridge Suites. I have no complaints at all. I was in a one bedroom suite with a living room and kitchenette that allowed for cooking (or not) and the refrigerator certainly allowed for options. It is across the way from a Mall that had a variety of eating places (Starbucks, ice cream, sandwiches, VIPS, Pizza, etc.). It is a within a short cab ride to more upscale eating establishments. The breakfast was more than adequate. Nothing fancy.I did buy some cereal at the supermarket and bring it to breakfast as they did not always have Bran Flakes! The Supermarket (Soriana) is in the mall so it is easier to buy some food if you do not want to eat out. It also has a small gym with an elliptical and bicycle. The Internet was easy to use and I had no problems wit it ( a major concern of mine). Desk people were helpful and nice. All in all it was a perfect place for me to stay.As other viewers have said, it is close to Tlaquepaque (30 min tops each way - about $12 each way). We went in the morning twice and had lunch and returned as I had to work by 2pm. Noise was not an issue for me - maybe I have stayed in much noisier places.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank larlen
Dear larlen

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are proud to know that our staff made your stay enjoyable.

We hope to see you again soon.

Toluca Mex
Reviewed February 11, 2012

My stay it this hotel was pleasant, I stayed over three nights and I really liked the room, cleanliness and the hotel location near to a commercial area. The breakfast was averages with some hot options. What I didn't like about the stay was the noise level at the room, I was able to hear all the noises from the room above mine, and traffic can be heard also even if I was about the fifth floor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear guest, Blur_78

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment about our hotel which are essential to improving our service.

We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel five times in the past two years, but have waited until now to write a review about it. My experience has been very positive, with a few minor criticisms.

Pros- comfortable and clean; located near restaurants, shops, taxi stands and buses; staff is friendly and helpful; breakfast is good; and the hotel has AC

Cons- traffic noise is bad, but somehow i got used to it--the higher the floor, the less you hear it; internet connection is always available but not always fast. If you´re here for tourism, the sights (especially historic downtown, the center of Zapopan, and Tlaquepaque are quite a ways (5-12 dollar taxi ride).

I gave it five stars because I always manage to get a 1'bedroom studio for less than a 100 dollars. I buy my groceries at the nearby Soriana and cook in the room. It´s a good deal, really. I haven´t had any of the problems some of the previous guests have had, and have stayed in this hotel for more than 30 nights over a 2-year period.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Plaza del Sol and as high up as possible (those are quieter rooms)