“A Store Front, Not A Spa”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of My Ego Spa

My Ego Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: My Ego SPA is a design concept, city, carefully designed for people with activities that require a stand-by in his life, and want to relieve stress, so you can continue working with the absorbent is life these days.Aimed at men and women who care for him and wants to give a moment to themselves,(egoism always been good) with a martini, a steam bath, a perfect gown, in a tasteful hand in hand with the most exclusive spas in the world.
Vancouver, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A Store Front, Not A Spa”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

We had some time in the afternoon so after reading several very positive reviews, we booked an hour long massage at My Ego Spa for 4 pm. We were immediately disappointed to find that after a 20 minute taxi ride, we had ended up at a very ordinary storefront that looked nothing like the pictures posted. Our English isn't great but there was a gentleman there waiting for someone who helped us explain that we were early but had an appointment, etc. The woman behind the counter made less effort to communicate than anyone we had met in Guadalajara. Withe no real welcome she eventually brought us some tea but offered no information about when we would begin, procedures, etc. Eventually after about fifteen minutes, when the promised "relaxation" was starting to be challenged, we were lead into a little shower/dressing room and were offered one of four lockers (the place is small). I could see a little bowl with a few stones in it with a totally unlit burned down tea candle. No effort at atmosphere at all. After getting on some skimpy robes a very sweet young woman lead us into another small room with two tables and told us to lay face down. She left. My husband's face area had a bar across it so he couldn't lay face down. There was another small bowl with a completely burned out candle. I then noticed that the bottoms of my white socks were dirty. We waited and we waited. After no further contact with anyone, we got dressed a little before 5pm and we left. I stood in the hall wanting to tell someone that we had other plans and couldn't stay there just waiting, but I never found anyone to tell. Other than this, we had a great time in Guadalajara.

Visited November 2011
10 Thank westendbarb

chapala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

I went there to have a relaxing experience, I got a great service with great personnel, definitely if you go to Guadalajara, you have to go there!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank rocio f
Mexico City, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wow!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

This place is really a hidden treasure, when my wife and I went to Guadalajara we were not even looking for a Spa to relax, our idea was to party and have fun; but honestly, this place and its staff made us want to become permanent residents...

Visited May 2011
3 Thank rickheyerdahl
Cambridge, MA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent spa. A bit out of the way.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

We had a nice and relaxing time at this spa. The service is great and the price is very reasonable. It's located in a nice neighborhood but it is a bit far from everything. We took a taxi to Plaza del Sol for only 30 pesos or so though. Even though we go the 1 hr massage the whole experience lasted for like 2 hrs since it included sauna (optional) and some time to relax.

Visited January 2011
9 Thank andresmh
myEgo, Director de Relaciones Públicas at My Ego Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Thanks for your opinion about the experience at My Ego SPA !!
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

I visited GDL last month and I had one of the most relaxing experiencies in my live. I went to My Ego SPA and take the Ayurvedico massage and I was in another world!!

I really recommend this place to have a very amazing experience.

Regards!