“Highly recommended”

Hostel Guadalajara Hospedarte
Monterrey, Mexico
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Excellent ambient, excellent service definitely I'll come back soon!!
Very near from everything and all the crew is awesome! The location is great, you can go for a walk for every point of interest, also you can ask for a bike, near from bars and night life, I stayed 2 nights and I made 3 or 4 friends, as my first time in a hostel and in Guadalajara, the experience was amazing!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chateauguay
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The staff is friendly and they speak English. I've traveled in hostels across Mexico and very few of them are this well organized. You can rent towels, locks, buy toothpaste and razor blades at the front desk for reasonable prices. It's right next to Chapultapec rumba where you can find good food and cool bars. The atmosphere at the hostel is relaxed. Some nights they even cook and serve food/beer. One of my best nights in a three-week travel in Mexico was spent there talking with the staff and other people at the hostel. Only discomfort was that the drain in the girls' shower was always blocked, so after two minutes it seemed like you were taking a bath. That, and unlike other people, my bunk didn't have a shelf and the reading light was dangling from its electrical cord. I preferred the beds in the private dorm upstairs over the public one downstairs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I'm writing my review from the large backyard, after staying here for 3 nights. I will be here for one more night for a total of 4 nights, and will be returning for sure. I highly recommend this hostel, and would encourage anyone visiting Guadalajara to stay here. The staff is very helpful in working to make sure you have a good time (the girls are also very beautiful).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The staff were very helpful and allowed us toi store our bags while we went to Tequila.
The room was very nice with plenty of space and a nice shower.
Free breakfast was very nice.
we also noted that they offered bikes to get around Guadalajara

Room Tip: Room at the top of the stairs was large and nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hostel is in a great location, I stayed in the dorms which were perfectly adequate and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean and they had a decent common room with T.V. Great outdoor common areas, also was good to use their kitchen. There is a mixture of nationality’s and ages (mostly 20- 30) but it is for everyone. I really enjoyed my stay here and would like to thank the staff for being so hospitable and helpful throughout my stay!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This review is for the Hospedarte hostel on Maestranza street. I stayed with 3 friends in a private room, in November. The hostel didn't seem very full at the time, so it was nice and quiet.

LOCATION: Good, easy to walk to the historic center. Felt safe. Not loud, for the time I stayed. Can occasionally hear a horse clip-clopping by on the street, which I found charming. No trouble sleeping.

CLEANLINESS: Beds were clean, towels also provided, kitchen and social area was clean.

BATHROOM: Toilets in the Ladies' room are sometimes blocked up. Shower is a bit hard to adjust for cold, hot, and water pressure. Also, for one night there was no water in the hostel, I'm not sure why.

BREAKFAST: Bread (can make toast), strawberry jam and butter, tea, coffee, sometimes fruit which was nice

WATER: There was a large bottle of free water in the kitchen. This was a huge perk. Saved having to lug bottles back to the hostel.

WIFI: Impeccable, perfect. Very fast and reliable for the nights I stayed there.

RECEPTION: Very friendly, approachable and helpful staff. (Had a nice chat with Nicolas on our last day.) 24 hour reception, so there's always someone to open the main door for you when you buzz.

ADDITIONAL: Loved the pool table in the social area. Also loved that the hostel had its own (classical) guitar. Two computers available for use. You can sign up for various tours, for example to Tequila (factory or town) and Chapala lake. Finally, there was no problem storing our luggage at reception for our last day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank fleagah
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I actually stayed here in mid-May but forgot to post a review, woops! This was the first hostel I had ever stayed at, my first time in a foreign country, and my first time traveling at all.. on top of that, I was traveling alone. So, the awesome experience I had here really made this transition easier! The hostel is rather small, but that made socializing easier, I think. The common room is sized well for the amount of travelers that stay here at a time, and almost every night there was a social gathering of some kind at the bar attached to the hostel outside.

I went out with some of the workers of the hostel several times during my 2-week stay in Guadalajara and that made it more personal. They also really helped me figure out how to get to where I wanted to go within the city, which I was thankful for given how unorganized GDL's bus system is.

The location is also unbeatable. Chapultepec is a lively and safe area of Guadalajara, and anything you could need is within walking distance. There were many clubs/bars, restaurants, stores, dessert bars, cafés, etc located nearby. It's not actually on Chapultepec Avenida so the noise level isn't anything to complain about (or maybe I'm just a heavy sleeper).

All in all, this hostel helped set the mood for my trip throughout Mexico. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo