“It Felt Like Home To Me”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Abril

Casa Abril
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guadalajara
Casa Abril
Ranked #20 of 61 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Albany, Georgia
“It Felt Like Home To Me”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

I began a 5 week trip through Mexico at Casa Abril, and I'm very glad I did. Stayed 5 nights in a very large & airy room. The window opened onto a view of a large square, and the Cathedral Expiotorio was directly across from my window. Several nights I could hear lovely hymns from the church. The room was clean, cozy with high ceilings and typical clay tile floor. shared a bath, but as there was only 1 other guest, it wasn't a problem. Bath was clean, with a large shower. Everything worked, even the window! There are several rooms here, but the one I would take if traveling alone would be the apartment upstairs on the roof. It has its own private bath, desk and other amenities, including a television. I love the privacy of this room, and the view in the evenings are wonderful.

The owners, Erika and Nestor went out of their way to make us comfortable, including concierge services that certainly were not expected, considering the very reasonable rate! Breakfast is included, and is always prettily served. Nestor worked for several years at a B & B in the States, and obviously learned much of the hospitality industry while there. English is spoken, in varying degrees, even by one of their adorable 3 children.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends

London, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

I travelled last year to Guadalajara and stayed with my husband and baby at Casa Abril, the service is great and you have breafast included, wich is great when you want to start early to know the place. The rooms are comfortable and clean, minimalist style, very cosy.

Nestor and Erika are great and will make you feel at home.

The location is ideal, right in front of the Expiatorio Church, and 10 min from Down Town.

Love the place and will definitely come back!!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2009

I stayed at Casa Abril for a month while I attended a language school in Guadalajara. Nestor and Ericka were great hosts and welcomed me into their family. Their children are very well behaved and are alway polite. Their coffee and breakfasts were excellent. Both Erika and Nestor are bilingual, so for English speaking guests they are a good source of information about the city. I think the highlight of the place is its location next to the busy Templo Expiatorio. The church itself is beautiful and the plaza is full of activity from vendors selling food and crafts, to weddings, to free dance lessons. The University of Guadalajara is right up the street and there are many activities going on there as well. Also nearby is Avenida Juarez which is shut down to traffic on Sundays and becomes a mecca for people watching. You will get a feel for the real Mexico when you stay at Casa Abril.

Jack Edwards

• Liked — The location and the hosts
  • Disliked — bathroom cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
guadalajara,mx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

I am a national traveler, from Monterrey N.L Mexico, and i came to Guadalajara to live. My friend from school recommend me Casa Abril and they received me and guide through all my newcomer process as i would never expect from a hostel staff. They were patient, attentive,warm and very well informed about the city. I liked the facilities, but the service is what made me write this. I totally recommend Casa Abril for any traveler.

• Liked — the staff and the location, very easy to get to anywhere
  • Disliked — sharing bathrooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)