“Best pizza in town, excellent restaurant”
Review of Funicula

Funicula
Ranked #150 of 1,243 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've been there dozens of times and it's still one of my favorite restaurants in Guadalajara. Their pizza and pasta is excellent as well as the prices they offer. The service is good and diligent and it surprises me how I still see mostly the same staff since they opened around 8-9 years ago which is a good indicator of the environment they have managed to create. The location is also good, surrounded by bars, pubs, and other restaurants that you can visit during your stay. Their wine list is simple, affordable and well chosen.

By the way, carry cash with you since they don't take credit or debit cards.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I travel all over the world and my favorite food is Italiano. Often times it isn't a good representation of Itialian food, well Funicula has it going on! Food is fresh, flavorful without being strong and the pizzas and calzones are full of flavor and taste. We ate on the 3rd floor overlooking the street...perfecto. Next time travel back I will eat 2 nights out of my 6-day work visits. Hopefully they update the address. Our can driver said it was 1906

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I lived in Guadalajara almost 10 years ago and as Italian I have to say this is one of the best pizza I have ever had outside of Italy The owner is an Italian guy from Toscany and chatting with him made my experience even better!
Going back there in 2013! :)
can't wait :)

Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is a great place, is a little crowded, but the food is excellent, definitely a place to visit.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Popular local joint for wood fired pizza. The salads are also delish!