“My favorite restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2012

When I say I lives 15 months in Paris, perhaps it gives some cred. with food. Recco (upscale Italian) is simply the best I have found yet in Mexico. Not only do I love it above all, but Mexican friend also long to go back. The venue is one of those beautiful old mansions near the U.S. Consulate, but the real draw is the elegant Italian/European food. Can't praise highly enough, where I take my real gourmet friends.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I went with my family to have dinner and it was good, i ordered a cacharro it is a steak in a really hot steel pan it had a very good taste, for dessert i ordered a casatta siciliana it was delicious it is like an ice cream cake

the prices are a little bit expensive

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have very fond childhood memories of Recco, we had not been back in a couple of years. While the pasta, especially the ravioli is consistently good, as well as the tartare and the pepper steak, (sides are just OK) I was surprised to see the wine selection is very poor and has not improved at all since our last visit, the caesar salad is so mediocre it should not even be on the menu... I remember it used to be prepared tableside, the traditional way, now it is a bland, tasteless concoction with romaine lettuce that tastes frozen. Also the chairs really need to go... they look so old, shabby and the fabric looks dirty...

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We checked out this restaurant, and enjoyed the ambiance - great patio and great service - but the food wasn't the best Italian I've had. The pepper steak was good, but the sides were average. The fish was again, good, but not excellent. Generally, I think we would go back to have a few appetizers and drinks for the area, but not with the expectations of fine dining.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Some coleagues and i we went in to this place and we were looking for real italian food in the area of Americana neighborhhood and some guy told us about this place, we were really dispointed when we asked for the day meal, meals were not what we were expeting at all. we got suggestions of meals not quite italians, my coleagues were italians, and they were very dispointed , because most of it seemed to be more fusion than real italian food, they were ingredients that were not so familiar to them and more from Guadalajara, they were more like piracy from some other menus around America and Europe.
so we found out that we were paying italian food but all manners and suggestions as well as the food was Mexican, even veggies. but at the bill time they were charging like italians, However the house is nice so mexican!!!!!! ONLY IN MEXICO. ITALIAN PEOPLE WAS UPSET.

2  Thank LAbelleMere2