“Highly recommended”

Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Cuernavaca
Edinburgh
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a week. Despite knowing no Spanish the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful getting us about. We ate in the restaurant a couple of times and the food was excellent, especially fish bejar! The Margaritas were the best I tasted. We were the only Europeans there but is not a bad thing! Also had a wonderful massage. We had the pool to ourselves on a couple of occasions. A beautiful setting with the white buildings against a blue sky.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed August 8, 2010

This is my second trip to Hotel Villa Bejar in Cuernavaca. I came back because I enjoyed my stay last time and I wanted a repeat experience. This time I was travelling with a friend and we were eager to get to the center of town to check things out, it was her first trip to this part of Mexico. One of the great things about this hotel is that it is very close to the center of the city without being in the middle of the traffic etc. It is just about 10 minutes by taxi from the Cortez Palace (with the Diego Rivera murals) and a great little flea market for shopping. There are also a lot of museums and restaurants there. Anyway, after a long flight, we checked in to our beautiful "Villa" type room, with a pool right outside the front door! Although it was warm outside, our room was very comfortable with the ceiling fans in the bedroom and living room of the suite. We decided to unwind from the flight with a massage before heading to town, so we headed over to the spa. We each had a 60 minute Anti-Stress Massage with Aromatherapy, and it was excellent! It was really quite affordable at less than $40.00! They were having a 15% discount on all spa services. After our massage, we decided we were too relaxed to go to one of the restaurants outside of the hotel, so we ate at the hotel restaurant. I had a large spinach salad with fresh mushrooms, crumbled bacon, tons of cashews, and little balls of fresh blue cheese. My friend had a chicken dish with wild rice and a sauce made of hibiscus flowers. Both were delicious. We were so content after our massage and meal that we decided to wait until the morning to visit the city, so we went to bed early. It was especially comfortable to be in a place that felt familiar, it was like being home yet away! I really find that this hotel fits the bill for me: cleanliness, comfort, safety, good location, delicious food and the bonus is the affordable spa and beauty salon too. I even had an excellent pedicure before heading home.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Really a "gem” in the city… I think I read that in one of the descriptions of this beautiful hotel. Stark white against the blue sky and plenty of greenery too. The hotel and grounds are really well maintained, everything is so clean! They even have a spa and beauty salon, so after a long day exploring the in the city or visiting an archeological site, I was able to come back and be pampered with an Anti-stress with Reflexology and Aromatherpy Massage… their specialty. Talk about covering all the bases of relaxation! I walked out of there feeling like a wet noodle. The salon is as fine as any that you would find at home in the USA, maybe better. I got a really cute haircut and had an excellent pedicure too. I was a little afraid that I would not be understood very well when I spoke to the staff, because I have some special dietary needs due to health problems. However, there are plenty of English speakers in the dining room and spa. The restaurant was very accommodating and made substitutions in my meal when necessary. They even have an English speaking Concierge, Jorge, who helped me plan some tours.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
nyc
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Nice size pools but a little on the dirty side. Dead bugs, flies, leaves & bees inside both pools. Rooms are good size, but it is a hassle to get one with a/c. Come on, they advertised as a luxury hotel, so at least they should have and a/c in the b/r. There is mold in the bathroom floor & tiles. The spa, the massage that they gave us, was not good at all. To start, was supposed to be a couple massage, but they gave us different rooms? Hard to book the hot tub. The internet did not work at all inside the bedroom. There are roaches around the pool, bar, bedrooms area. Rooms decor is Mexican ugly. Hate when you book an all inclusive package and they give you a hard time to get what you paid for. Like the daily juice to the bedroom, they only give it in the morning, so if you wake up late, forget about it. and obviously when you go vacations is to get out of the daily routine, so you do not want to wake up early. Royal Holiday agents are a headache. Just accept them to pay for your brunch or dinner & then during the bus. presentation let them know that you are not interested at all in the time share or whatever mexicans call the vacation package they sale, due to the poor quality this hotel has to offer. The food at the restaurant is excellent & affordable. The brunch buffet is great. The camel bar is not that good, they have live music @ night, but not that good. To expensive for what they offer. Stay somewhere else & visit the restaurant if you are looking for good food.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank me74

Travelers are raving about these Cuernavaca hotels

BARLING
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Beautiful property. Staff was friendly and polite. Great food. The only draw back was the beds were a little on the hard side. There wwere lots of great historical places to visit in and around cuernavaca. Great places to eat in town.

• Liked — Beautiful property
  • Disliked — Beds were a little on the hard side
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2005

Let me tell you the best of about VillaBejar Cuernavaca and Tequesquitengo: into the first the beautiful garden and Dessert you can test, with the natural and fresh fruits (certily these ones) mango, piña and local mexical fruits (tropical, if you like know some spanish words and others write-me at mojomexico@yahoo.com.mx) and the magics hands of Chef in charge you can enjoy some and "unique" original " postres" (desserts) only in this place, I can garantee unique experience...
For Tequesquitengo's lake natural cover under the magestuoso nature around "the sea of Morelos" even you can enjoy a charmin week-end (it's all I recomend you) and the food, good but expensive I think. If you looking for the "real picture" about Cuernavaca and morelos and travel guide write my mexican friend at cvsergior@yahoo.ca SERGIO as soon.

• Stayed January 2005