“Beatiful grounds, unique rooms”
Review of Las Mananitas

Las Mananitas
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Cuernavaca
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Every now and then a business meeting brings me to some unexpected beauty. While I feel there is beauty everywhere, some places have more of it. Las Mañanitas has plenty of it. The courtyard and grounds are manicured every morning by so many dedicated workers that seem to take pride at the job they do. I woke up early and, in the dark, can hear the sweeping, watering, and moving of furniture that takes place to renew the place for the guests. The rooms are unique and lovely. Mine was older, but functional and gorgeous. The bath drain runs slow, but I did not care much about it, since from the shower I could look to the gardens through the window and see the dozens of peacocks in their strides on the grass. The food is absolutely delicious in every single meal I had. The staff is incredible, trying to make sure we are happy all the time. This was one of the best stays in a resort that I ever had: just wished to have my family with me.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Las Mananitas

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Every time I go to Cuernavaca, I have to go to Las Mananitas. I consider Cuernavaca to be paradise, and this is the most beautiful place there. The grounds are impeccable, a real treat is to watch the beautiful peacocks roaming the grounds.
The food is always exceptional. The staff is professional and always make the evening perfect. As stated in other reviews, when you arrive you are escorted to a lounge area where you can drink and have appetizers. They take your order there, and you are taken to your table when it's time to eat. I have sampled many different dishes, and they have always been great.
One piece of advice - take cash. The first time I went (years ago) I had only credit cards, and had to go to an ATM on the corner. I don't know if they take cards now or not.
You will not be disappointed - give this place a try and you will return again and again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

What an experience! Perfect paradise! Best place for "Gringos Perdidos" to recharge! Amazing property & food! White peacocks, African cranes, huge Parrots & monkeys roaming everywhere in the courtyard~~~incredible, delightful, eclectic atmosphere!!!

Room Tip: Near the LOVELY pool!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Velda C
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Took Mother here for her 50th bday! Hired private transportation from the Mexico City airport to Cuernavaca. It's definitely unexpected... from the street, you would never imagine what a gem hides inside. With all its colonial richness and beauty, this hotel is old world class. From sitting to have lunch and the beautiful peacocks are walking around the grounds... The perfectly manicured grass and trees. This would be a picture perfect wedding location. The grounds are taken care of so well EVERY morning. The birds are put away for the evening and let out every morning. Felt like I was living in a beautifully appointed hacienda. My Mother had am unforgettable birthday! She still proudly displays her Las Mañanitas cookbook in her kitchen where she can recall all the beautiful memories...

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank uama1
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went to Las Manaitas last night with friends. Billed as the one of the best restaurants in Cuernavaca. I wish I knew. It was so dark you had to read the menu by candlelight.

When you first arrive they put you in a lounge area where your drink order is served and where they bring you 'drink snacks' for while you wait. Then you order your main meal. When your main meal is ready to be served they move you over to the restaurant portion of the place. One of the problems is the chairs in the lounge area. They are these large wicker things that were low to the ground and unstable. I dreaded the thought of getting up.

When our dinner was ready to be served they moved us over to the dining room portion of the restaurant and it was just as dark as the lounge, the only illumination being the candlelight on all the tables. I have to tell them, if they think they are creating ambience by keeping just the candles lit then have less tables. The place was filled last night with lots of people and so they could have added yard lights quite easily.

All the pictures on this site show this place during the day. Unless you go during the day its the only time you will see it.

Food. Overpriced to say the least. I love lobster bisque and this was not the best I have ever had, in fact I think there was a little MSG in it because I was so bloated after (and MSG will do that) that I couldn't eat my main meal of spring rolls. My husband ordered the Mexican Combo platter and we bought a bottle of wine. The cost was $90. And the food was nothing to rave over.

Service. There are a lot of waiters. Many of them seem to be new. They brought the bread but no butter. They had to be asked to bring water for everyone. When our friends asked for more tortilla's it took a few minutes and they were almost done with their platter and didn't need them. And our friends were sharing their main courses and had to ask for a plate in order to share the meal.

Based on this experience I doubt we will return, even in the daylight, to see what it looks like. Just another to check off the list as we review places in Cuernavaca.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Florence L
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Truly one of the best restaurants ever been to around the world. Valet parking making it easier to access, Amazing cuisine and well presented dishes.
Great atmosphere and very skillful staff that are very flexible with what one want to order, variety of places to sit, garden, indoor, near a fire place, low chairs and more. Simply perfect !
Must visit !

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 7, 2012

just the best hotel in Cuernavaca, the people there makes you feel cozy, like If you were in paradise, the SPA is the best I have tried aroun the world, the food is delicious and the view and the garden are just gorgeous

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple