See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 13, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights while visiting my husbands family close by. The front desk personnel are very rude. The air conditioning never worked during our stay. Everytime we told the staff it wasn't working they said "it was", well it wasn't. We never had any wash cloths in our bathroom, apparently you need to request them. The only good thing about the hotel is the taxi service, they are always available and cheap. Were going back to Cuernavaca in February 2010 and we will be staying at the Hosteria Las Quintas this time.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank tamasula
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Incorrectly we choose this hotel fore the same reasons:
- Hotel Mision, its supose to be a chain of 5* hotels
- The web seems to be a good place where to stay
- Good price

We just stayed for one night but we were really dissapointed: the whole hotel its old and without mantinience. It seems that it use to be a nice hotel, come to less.

The service wasnt any good at the lobby, we waited for our room for been cleaned, and when we get in to our huge room was dusty and has humidity at the ceiling. Rooms furniture is old, but at least it has a good internet. The sheets and the towels werent white, the towels seems to be used for cleaning the floor.

definitly i wont recommend it

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Mariferreyes
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I am warning everyone about this hotel. I have just had a horrible experience here and had to change hotels. My backpack with my laptop was stolen from my room. Do NOT stay here! Management promised to help but so far they have not done so! Be warned!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wolverine87
Reviewed March 1, 2009

This is one of those hotels that when you see the internet photos the first thing you think is: It will be beautiful to stay there. In fact, gardens are beautiful, the restaurant is good, especially breakfast, and rooms are huge.
However, service is a big problem. We reserve three rooms, 2 doubles, 1 King. When we get to our rooms, there was no King bed room. I went to the lobby showing them that my reservation includes one King bed room (for which I paid a different price), and the answer was, yes, your reservation is a room with a King bed but my system says another thing. After several minutes of discussion he agrees to give the correct room. The hotel is divided in to areas and you have to cross the street. I request to have all the rooms in the same section, as there were young people with us. It was just impossible to make them change the rooms. The hotel was completely empty, so I don't think that would be a problem. After we get to our rooms, I tried to contact the other two rooms by phone with no answer. So I went to check what was going on, to find out that the phone in both rooms were not working. Once again I went to the lobby to check with them and the answer was: yes we knew it and we will not change the rooms, take it or leave it.
Rooms furniture is old, TVs don't work properly (you have to guess what is going on as the signal is very bad.
The web site of this hotel says: A 5* hotel in Cuernavaca. I don't think I will give the 4*. It's more a 3*+.
Pay a litle more and go to Sumiya, Mision del Sol or Las Mañanitas.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kartikmexico
Reviewed May 12, 2008

The promotional pictures of this hotel were much better than the reality.

We enjoyed the swimming pools, with some beautiful plants and foliage surrounding them. The food in the restaurant was fine, although the price for a glass of wine made us choose soda instead. The dining area overlooked the grounds and was a great and relaxing setting.

However, this was not a hotel where one left a laptop in the room. Each day when we left, we checked it at the front desk, where staff members understood varying amounts of English.

The rooms were straight out of the 1950's, and unfortunately, they hadn't been updated much since. The rooms were huge in size. However, the front door did NOT give us a feeling of security, and from our bathroom we could actually see outside due to a gap! There had been attempts to modernize the rooms, but work was very roughly done, to say the least.

The toilets did not flush particularly well, and there was a septic smell as a result. The air-conditioning did not work very well/at all, although the maintenance man did his best to try to fix it. Overhead fans helped a bit.

It says something--not good--about a hotel when they are afraid guests will steal the tv remote.

Stayed: June 2006