“Eat in!!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Best Pizza In Mexico
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have always had pizza for takeout, but tonight we decided to actually go and have pizza at the restaurant. It is what you would expect a pizzeria to look and feel like. Brick walls, checked table cloths and clean. For me clean is as important as the food and the ambiance.

The pizza has a perfect thin crust, and an excellent balance of flavors. You can taste the toppings without any one part of the pizza overpowering the other. Perfect amount of cheese. Really, the best pizza.

The cheesecake though, AMAZING!! I cook and bake a lot. I am picky and I am saying this is the best cheesecake I have had. I love the vanilla flavor and the sponge cake bottom. I am so tired of eating soggy cookie crusted cheesecakes.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time and dinner tonight at Armando's with the perfect amount of attention from all the staff. Say "hi" to the owner, he might be one of your servers!!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The enormously high rating for this restaurant is a classic example of where trip advisor fails. Just get enough people to write glowing reviews and surge to the top of the list. This is a pizzeria, yet it receives a higher ranking than a world-class elegant dining experience like Las Mañanitas. How does one explain the high rating for atmosphere??? It has no ambience whatever starting with the cement floor (not even one area covered with typical Mexican floor tiles). There are no table cloths or linen napkins. This is a paper-napkin pizzeria. One reviewer says to enjoy the view of the bustling street. Enjoy the heavy traffic, belching fumes, and incredible noise level! What relation is the reviewer to the owner or manager? That said, I agree that the pizza is excellent, though many would cite other places for their favorite. My chicken parmesan was superb. I think I would rather order the home-delivery and enjoy the food with some atmosphere. There are a handful of mediocre Italian wines on the list, not one Mexican wine though several prize-winning Mexican wines like Cetto are far superior and less expensive than the ones offered here. I think trip advisor needs to have categories for restaurants. I would rate this higher as a pizzeria. For fine dining it comes close to the cellar.

1  Thank edutrvl
Chris O, Owner at Armando's Pizzeria & Ristaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Sir: Thank you for your comments. It was nice to know that you enjoyed our pizzas and also the chicken parmesano. Armando`s is run as a family style restaurant. We put white paper over our red and white linen table clothes so that children( and adults ) can enjoy drawing with the crayons we provide. We provide great food at reasonable prices. We have NEVER claimed to be fine dining , however we do strive to provide service that is comparable to the more pricey restaurants. Trip Advisor is solely based on customers opinions, and results can be filtered for price range. We could not compete with Las Mañanitas. It`s a beautiful old property.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am from Spain living in Mexico. Never ate a good pizza until y first found this place 4 months ago. Excellent thin crust pizza. Very good place to come with friends and relax with a glass of wine and true Italian pizza. Would recommend it to anybody that comes by Cuernavaca.

Thanks so much for your kind words. It`s nice to know that you enjoyed our pizza, especially coming from Italy

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I am not only Italian but from NY and I do believe I know good pizza when I eat it. Finally found time to sample the pizza at Armando's here in Cuernavaca and it was awesome.

My husband, who is not a real pizza lover, and who normally gives me the end crust, ate every bite himself. That tells me how really good the pizza was.

If you want a thin crust pizza this is the place. We will be here in Cuernavaca another two months so I'm hoping to sample more menú options from Armando's.

They deliver, the order only took 20 minutes from order time to delivery and it came hot. Cost was the same as what you would expect to pay in the US. Pizza was half cheese and half olives, pepperoni and onion.

Chris O, Owner at Armando's Pizzeria & Ristaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. Glad to hear we could get your husband to try it. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We ordered pizza twice from Armando's. It was wondeful. The crust is thin and crispy, perfectly cooked. We had the spinach with artichoke and the mushroom and sundried tomato with anchovies. The cheesecake is wonderful, as well.

Thanks for your comments. The pizza you ordered ( florentina) is our most popular . Thanks for taking the time to comment