Tamuz
Reserve with OpenTable
Tamuz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 379 Restaurants in Cuernavaca
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Av. Teopanzolco / Av. San Diego
Description: Chef Eran Scheflan Casual and sophisticated, Tamuz is a restaurant of International Cuisine with a Mediterranean touch. De estilo casual y sofisticado, Tamuz es un Restaurante de cocina Internacional con acento Mediterraneo.
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I visited Cuernavaca for business and tried Tamuz after a recommendation I got.
Defiantly a great choice. The food, service and the atmosphere were amazing.
Would defiantly recommend it both for pleasure and business.

1  Thank ronen1

Reviewed January 16, 2014

i just came back from a quick visit in cuernavaca,a friend of mine took me to this restaurant ,i have to say that from the moment we arrived until the moment we left the place we felt like we are the first visitors of this place,we also had the honor to have a visit from the owner of the place who took us to a quick tour in the kitchen and the bakery (they are baking the brad in the place),i was really impressed and will surely come back

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have been to Tamuz for both, breakfast and dinner and in both I have had a great experience.

Food is delicious (I specially recommend the "Jocoque Omelette" for breakfast and the "Sesame Crusted Tuna" for lunch or dinner), service is at the highest standards (attentive without being overwhelming), the environment within the restaurant inspires harmony and elegance, and its location matches perfectly with our needs.

Additionally, it has a well spaced play area for the kids to be entertained while enjoying.

Overall a great experience... highly recommendable.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went today (Sunday) for breakfast/brunch with our 3 children (all under 5 years old) & had an excellent meal. Its not easy to find places to take 3 small children & this place I would highly recommend. There is a separate room with toys, games, & small climbing equipment/slide where our children could play while they waited for their food & also after they ate so we could enjoy our food in peace. On Sat. & Sun. there's a ninera (woman working in the play room) who supervised the children which meant that we didnt have to keep going into the room to check on them & we could relax. The restaurant itself is very nice with a garden & nice setting. If you have children there is also a playground across the road directly in front of the restaurant that we went to when we left the restaurant.

1  Thank delfinoLondon
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'd been waiting to try this restaurant for many a month and the rave reviews on here were perhaps setting an unreasonable expectation before I went, because while we had a perfectly pleasant meal in welcoming surroundings, there were a number of spots where I thought they "could do better".

But I'll accentuate the positive first, and I'll state straight away that the service here is the best I have experienced in Mexico. Faultless, truly, attentive yet not intrusive. They have clearly worked very hard on this aspect and it shows.

But service won't take away my hunger for long, so what about the food. I was a little disappointed in the menu, I perhaps expected it to be more exotic and esoteric than it turned out to be, led by some of the comments here. It was by no means the run-of-the-mill Mexican staples, but I wouldn't say it was a riot of daring fusions either. We eschewed the appetisers where a few interesting options lurked and went for the main courses - I had a mussel dish that was way to heavy on the cream and butter and had become cloying by the time it reached the table. The flavours were OK but the consistency was awry, and by some considerable distance. The other dish ordered was a sweet-sour chicken which was too much sweet, not enough sour, and again was very heavy in a thick thick glaze. It outsayed it's welcome on the plate. I'd say the main course options are the least exciting of the options, and to be fair on tables around us the options oredered looked much better, so maybe we just got unlucky with our selection.

The aforementioned passing over of the appetisers meant that we could attack the sweets with gusto, and here things improved. Creme brulee was a delight, very well balanced and prepared to perfection. I tried a new addition to the dessert menu - fruit sushi (which should really be called fruit californian rolls) which was quirky, maybe even a bit gimmicky, but was tasty and stimulating and cleverly executed. It's a conversation piece at least, and would be great to share as it's a hefty sized portion.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, but we weren't bowled over. I'd definitely give it a second go as I suspect we didn't order to the restaurants strengths and I'll try an appetiser next time, as they looked tempting.

As I said earlier, that dreaded phrase from school reports of old... could do better.