“Excellent place to go with children”
Review of Tamuz

Tamuz
Reserve with OpenTable
Tamuz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 341 Restaurants in Cuernavaca
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Av. Teopanzolco / Av. San Diego
Description: Chef Eran Scheflan Casual and sophisticated, Tamuz is a restaurant of International Cuisine with a Mediterranean touch. De estilo casual y sofisticado, Tamuz es un Restaurante de cocina Internacional con acento Mediterraneo.
Ireland
“Excellent place to go with children”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went today (Sunday) for breakfast/brunch with our 3 children (all under 5 years old) & had an excellent meal. Its not easy to find places to take 3 small children & this place I would highly recommend. There is a separate room with toys, games, & small climbing equipment/slide where our children could play while they waited for their food & also after they ate so we could enjoy our food in peace. On Sat. & Sun. there's a ninera (woman working in the play room) who supervised the children which meant that we didnt have to keep going into the room to check on them & we could relax. The restaurant itself is very nice with a garden & nice setting. If you have children there is also a playground across the road directly in front of the restaurant that we went to when we left the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank delfinoLondon

Cuernavaca
“Good but expected better”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'd been waiting to try this restaurant for many a month and the rave reviews on here were perhaps setting an unreasonable expectation before I went, because while we had a perfectly pleasant meal in welcoming surroundings, there were a number of spots where I thought they "could do better".

But I'll accentuate the positive first, and I'll state straight away that the service here is the best I have experienced in Mexico. Faultless, truly, attentive yet not intrusive. They have clearly worked very hard on this aspect and it shows.

But service won't take away my hunger for long, so what about the food. I was a little disappointed in the menu, I perhaps expected it to be more exotic and esoteric than it turned out to be, led by some of the comments here. It was by no means the run-of-the-mill Mexican staples, but I wouldn't say it was a riot of daring fusions either. We eschewed the appetisers where a few interesting options lurked and went for the main courses - I had a mussel dish that was way to heavy on the cream and butter and had become cloying by the time it reached the table. The flavours were OK but the consistency was awry, and by some considerable distance. The other dish ordered was a sweet-sour chicken which was too much sweet, not enough sour, and again was very heavy in a thick thick glaze. It outsayed it's welcome on the plate. I'd say the main course options are the least exciting of the options, and to be fair on tables around us the options oredered looked much better, so maybe we just got unlucky with our selection.

The aforementioned passing over of the appetisers meant that we could attack the sweets with gusto, and here things improved. Creme brulee was a delight, very well balanced and prepared to perfection. I tried a new addition to the dessert menu - fruit sushi (which should really be called fruit californian rolls) which was quirky, maybe even a bit gimmicky, but was tasty and stimulating and cleverly executed. It's a conversation piece at least, and would be great to share as it's a hefty sized portion.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, but we weren't bowled over. I'd definitely give it a second go as I suspect we didn't order to the restaurants strengths and I'll try an appetiser next time, as they looked tempting.

As I said earlier, that dreaded phrase from school reports of old... could do better.

• Visited April 2013
“exceptional reasonably priced food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

this is my favorite restaurant in cuernavaca i loved the ribs as appetizers and the soups the tomato and red pepper are great. the fried goat cheese is also a favorite of mine. breakfast here is also a treat. i love the owner he is such a great cook and so knowledgable

Visited December 2012
Victoria, Canada
“An experience to remember”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was a higher end choice for us and was worth every penny. The surroundings were a feast for the eye, the live background music was truly pleasant but not obtrusive, and the waiters were attentive and knowledgeable without being fussy. Their advice on the wine was good and the beautifully presented antojjitos plus the soups were filling. After this we wanted no more than coffee and - as a confirmation of impeccable service - the attention and courtesy was as good as though we had wanted a complete meal.

Visited March 2013
Olympia, Washington
“World Class International Dining in Cuernavaca”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had occassion to be at Tamuz last night for my husbands birthday. The food and service were excellent. I had the tortilla soup (pretty spicy) served with diced avocado, chica rones and cubed goat cheese (on the side). Followed that with the vegetariano plate which was a platter of humus, goat cheese, greek olives, tabule, tomato salad, dolmades and falafel (wish there had been more of those!) and the platter was excellent. I am from S. CA and have missed good middle eastern food. This platter is worth returning to Tamuz again.

My husband and friends each had a dish of the coconut shrimp and loved every bite (each shrimp was at least 3 bites big). One friend also had a plate of eggplant served with goat cheese and she didn't spend any time chatting since she was enjoying her dish so much.

The owner and head chef, is from Israel and the food was excellent. They even made the caesar salad at the table.

Service was excellent and they serve Mexican wines.

The restaurant used to be a private home and the balcony area upstairs is used for smokers. Live music is performed on weekends (a combo of guitar player and singer) and there is a lovely garden area to sit in and watch the illuminated water feature. Open lunch and dinner with valet parking. Reservations accepted and depending on the time you go most likely necessary.

Definately a place we would take out of town visitors.

Cost for two with wine (a glass for my husband) and tip was 700pecos - roughly $60.

• Visited February 2013