“Great stay, fantastic value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Cadiz

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cuernavaca
Hotel Cadiz
Ranked #51 of 64 Hotels in Cuernavaca
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great stay, fantastic value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

This hotel is very simple, rooms are simple but perfect for a short stay and the swimming pool is nice and clean. My family rented many rooms and we had a blast for very little money. Some of our family members are use to staying in 4-5 start resorts and they complained about a few small things here and there but I would strongly recommend this place for people looking for decent location and a very enjoyable place to stay. Keep in mind that because this is a family own and run small hotel the owners are very flexible and will do their very best to make you feel at home. For us that mean a great breakfast very morning with very specific request and the hotel staff took care of us. The only bad thing is that you have to ring the door bell if you come back late at night, we felt bad waking up the person that opens the door at 3 AM.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are better, larger, no noise, and even a view
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Migoni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Staff were aggressive, negative and plain RUDE from the moment we arrived at the hotel. Rooms were acceptable based on the cost . However, the pillows needed to be replaced many years ago. We felt that it was unhealthy to use their pillows due to stains and the condition of the pillows.
We reserved two rooms. One with wheel chair accessibility. After one night we were told the room with wheel chair accessibility had gone up in price. We asked for the owner, but were told he could not speak with us. We did not feel welcome at all.
We moved to another hotel within a block and had a pleasant stay in a cleaner room with clean pillows and best of all, pleasant staff that made us feel they appreciated our business.
Our experience at Hotel Cadiz was awful and we will never go back or recommend this hotel.
L Austin

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank lgaustin

Travelers are raving about these Cuernavaca hotels

Fuengirola, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stayed there with my familiy, my wife and my little daughter. It is a beautiful hotel, with beautiful views. One different thing but great idea was that the main entrance is closed all the time, even in the day, so we felt very secured to leave my daughter running free all over the gardens and my car was safe too, I've heard so many things about the security in Mexico nowadays, so I think is a good point for the hotel. The location is very good, about 10 minutes walk to downtown, where you have to go and eat to a pizza place just perfect. The staff is very warm and nice. The room was very nice, we got one with a private terrace, just perfect, because at night we could see some lights and have dinner there. The home made food is amazing. I loved my stay there. I will be back next year for sure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed here for one night. The place is clean and decently located, but had more of a hostel feel than even our hostel in Mexico City had.

The receptionist was rarely there and they lock the front gate so you have to wait for someone to unlock it when you leave and you have to ring a buzzer and wait outside on a busy street when you want to enter.

We needed more toilet paper the night we were there and when we were finally able to find the receptionist to ask for some he told us we were only allowed 1 roll per day. After offering to pay for another roll, he reluctantly gave us a new one after lecturing us and questioning how we can go through 1 roll between two people in 1 day.

Overall, the place is overpriced for what you get. We paid less for a much nicer hotel with amazing service in Puebla. If I were to go to Cuernavaca again, I'd pay a little extra for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank bbueno111
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

We arrived in Cuernavaca from Mexico City by bus and then taxi (bus would not let us off at hotel) and were given room 108, a large room with big windows (which were open to the perfect weather) on 2 sides and a private balcony with a fine view. The room was very clean with a spacious bathroom and 2 double beds. Although a main road passes by the hotel, the building is set back in a courtyard, and the main sounds we heard were distant dogs, roosters, and peacocks. There is plenty of outdoor seating and a pool. This is an old hotel, passed down through 3 generations of one family, and welcoming comfort is a feature. The cost of our room was $65 (discounted for paying in cash), breakfast not included in the price. They serve breakfast, but a few blocks away we found a great breakfast at Las Iguanas Green's on Av. Morelos at Rayon. Public transportation is very convenient and you can walk to the center of town. We highly recommend Hotel Cadiz.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

Hotel Cádiz is a wonderful place-- great management, perfect location (by all the buses, close to downtown and a small market, close to great restaurants)... if you're taking the bus from Mexico City, you can even get off right at the door! I stayed here for months, enjoying the always attentive staff. The grounds are beautiful... picture the classic hacienda, with flowering trees and covered patios.

Hotel Cádiz is managed by a lovely family... some of the very finest people I have ever met! They have great politics, are wonderful resources for traveling tips (whether you're looking for adventure, staying safe on your daily errands, or where the best tacos al pastor are), and became like a second family to me.

I would recommend Hotel Cádiz to anyone. I trusted them with my then 14-year old brother, without hesitation! A lovely place.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

One young adult family member stayed at Hotel Cadiz for an extended stay (almost 8 months) - with other friends coming to visit and stay for short trips. Other parts of our family went to visit there as well - including a teen family member for a week. Comfortable, safe, reasonable, charming ----- family owned by a delightful family.... It was a wonderful spot I would not hesitate to recommend to a soul. We consider the family hosts of Hotel Cadiz family friends and have been back to visit since.... Great place to stay for a language immersion experience to really learn Spanish.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family