“Great Experience-excellant teachers, environment for learning”

Spanish Language Institute - Day Course
Ranked #7 of 53 things to do in Cuernavaca
More attraction details
Owner description: ASLI Spanish Language Institute is a professional language school devoted to quality and personal attention. It specializes in the Spanish language and the culture of Latin America. The institute includes comfortable and attractive conference rooms, small group classrooms, free internet access, and a cafeteria. It is located in Cuernavaca, in Morelos state.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Having attended the school for the fourth time, I must say this is a great place to learn and enjoy in a very relaxed environment among some of the nicest people. The school is very well organized with six structured periods (three of grammer & three conversation) with a 10 minute break between periods and a lunch break at noon. The school can arrange for housing which includes a morning and late afternoon meal for a very reasonable price. The whole package is a fantastic deal and in a safe environment. It is an easy walk from school or housing to the city center where there are a variety of activities from sampling restaurants, to concerts, museums etc. As a retired Doctor, I have attended a lot of schools, seminars etc and must say this is one of the best for organization, quality and a very friendly environment. The gardens are great also.

5  Thank banesi03

Reviewed March 6, 2011

I have just returned from my third visit to SLI in Cuernavaca! The city was as friendly and welcoming as ever. We were able to go all over the city on foot during the day and in the evenings we walked to town but took a taxi home after dark. The school is such a quality organization.....from the beautiful facility itself to the competent management and excellent teachers. They are so glad to see returning students and make you feel a part of their family. I have been to other schools but find this one the best. It not only meets but exceeds my expectations every time. So don't be fearful to visit.....Cuernavaca was quiet and peaceful and beautiful! City of "Eternal Spring" is a perfect description of the climate there. Don't hesitate....do it!! Learning and speaking Spanish there is a wonderful experience.

4  Thank bethcar
Reviewed March 5, 2011

At 58 years old, I felt perfectly at home at SLI. They made learning fun for me. Nice facilities. Nice people. Nice weather. I had a wonderful time and learned a lot too.

4  Thank DonTimotheo
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The Spanish Language Institute in Cuernavaca, Mexico is absolutely one of the best Spanish language schools out there! I have studied at several schools over many years throughout Central & South America, and this one is my favorite so far without a doubt. It is run by truly, genuinely caring people who will accomodate any need you have if they can possibly work it out. The owners, faculty and staff are all SO nice, helpful and attentive it makes going to school everyday a pleasure and something to not only look forward to but to be excited about!

4  Thank kasperjanet
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I have been studying at ASLI for 3 weeks as the result of careful research online for the best Spanish language school in Mexico, and some additional word-of-mouth advice. Cuernavaca was recommended to me at the outset because of its renown as a mecca for studying Spanish.
My experience here has exceeded my expectations. I expected outstanding, intensive instruction, but I couldn't have anticipated the extraordinary spirit of the school, thanks to the warm and nurturing atmosphere generated by Paco, Maru and Rosita, who run it, along with Felipe and others who are omnipresent in the day-to-day operations. All go out of their way to ensure that the experience is customized according to every student's level of proficiency, but also to make it personally unforgettable.
The website accurately details all the offerings, including extra-curricular activities in town and in the region; rich with interesting places to see. Rather than paraphrase the website, I prefer to emphasize the intimate family feeling that makes the experience so joyful and memorable.
My host family, the Partidas, couldn't be more welcoming and helpful. Every need is attended to between them and the school itself. I have acquired a new extended family in beautiful Cuernavaca, where incidentally, the weather is as good as it gets anywhere in the world.
I must mention my instructor Maricarmen. She is without question one of the best teachers of any subject I have had in my life. Along with the others here, she has taken up residence in a very special place in my heart, thanks to her brilliance, creativity, and her warm, larger-than-life personality.
One review I read on the school's own website says the school has soul. I can't agree more.
As an addendum, I echo the many reviews assuring readers that it is safe to be in Cuernavaca. It is exceedingly tranquil here, and many parts of large US cities are decidedly far more dangerous places.

8  Thank tiggerflute