Hotel Boutique La Casa Azul
Fiesta Inn Cuernavaca(Cuernavaca)(Great Value!)
$59
  • Pool
Occidental Cuernavaca(Cuernavaca)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cuernavaca(Cuernavaca)(Great Value!)
HolidayInn.com
$118
Hosteria Las Quintas Resort Spa(Cuernavaca)(Great Value!)
$55
Las Casas B+B Hotel(Cuernavaca)
$122
Hotels.com
Las Mananitas(Cuernavaca)
$235
$225
All reviewsfront desklovely oasiswonderful stayvery nice hotelbeautiful placebeautymexicogroundsobjectsartvegetation
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Casa Azul is located on a narrow cobblestone street that is usually jammed with traffick after 5PM , just as most of Cuernavaca. But as soon as you enter the property and walk under its fruit trees and arround a small bubbling water fountain you realize that you have come to the right place. The rooms are well appointed, comfortable and overall refreshing. There are two courtyards. The inner one is newer and quieter. There is also an expansive patio area with comfortable sofas and tables --- a perfect place to unwind before going to your room after a long day.
They do not have an army of employees but there really is no need. The staff is very friendly and do their jobs well.
The only small issue was that we could not get wifi in our room. Whenever we wanted to use our i pads we had to walk out of the room to get connected. Other than that our stay on this property was lovely and problem free. I know of other establishments in Cuernavaca but I will be returning to Casa Azul in March.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was a surprizing little gem in the middle of Cuernavaca!
The rooms, pool, gardens and surroundings were amazing.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in a wonderful location to walk to cathedrals, the markets etc..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights. It is an exquisitely designed bed and breakfast sized hotel with wonderful architecture. The bathrooms are clean and new, but with an old-world feel and all natural stone. There was beautiful indigenous art all around throughout the rooms, restaurant and lounging areas around the swimming pools. The whole place is very tastefully designed, elegant and romantic. The pools and courtyards are surrounded with unusual plants and artful stone and tile patios. Great places to hang out in the shade by the beautifully tiled pools. The breakfast was ample and very tasty. We had fresh cut papaya, pineapple, melon, watermelon with freshed baked pastries and scrambled eggs with salsa in the morning. Everything was super clean. The staff were friendly and always helpful. We loved the place!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at La Casa Azul on a recent work trip to Cuernavaca. I booked the hotel online for about $110/night, which seems less than some other reviewers paid. Although my driver had not heard of the hotel, he asked around and found it fairly easily. The location is great, only a few blocks for the Zocalo and central to most everything in Cuernavaca. Once I arrived, I walked everywhere until I left the city. Check-in was easy, and the hotel was quiet. I only saw one other guest the entire time I was there. The staff was decently friendly, although you had to ask for whatever you needed. My room was spacious and clean. The decorations were different (think indigenous art) but everything was nicely done. My telephone wasn't working, which the front desk manager blamed on a power surge the week before. He allowed me to use the front desk phone whenever I needed to make a call. The bed was not particularly comfortable, but I still managed a decent night's sleep. My rate included breakfast at the restaurant, and it was pretty good, with made to order eggs, fresh fruit, and good coffee. Overall, it was a nice stay, and it is probably among the best options in Cuernavaca.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ILoveToEatOut
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Maybe we were unlucky, but we've never been anywhere in the world where a (and there's no other way to say it) $300usd a night "romantic and relaxing getaway" hotel included at least 15 five year-old children playing and screaming 24x7. Because of this overflow, our room wasn't cleaned till' 5pm, the pool was an inaccessible cesspool of €@@& and the restaurant "out of stock" of almost anything worth the price.

If this had been in the brochure I would have brought all my nieces and nephews, but that wasn't the promise. I your a childless couple looking for a relaxing spa-type getaway in Cuernavaca, trust me, don't come down here. Head to Mision del Sol where they have a child age restriction and get what you paid for.

Watch the pictures I uploaded if you're esceptic.

• Stayed: March 2013