“Re-review: has gone downhill over the past couple of years”
Review of Los Colorines

Los Colorines
Ranked #12 of 379 Restaurants in Cuernavaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The last time I reviewed this restaurant a few years ago I was happy to find a few unusual choices on the menu. However on my last two visits the quality of the experience and above all the food had deteriorated. It may have been bad luck twice, but I have no desire to go back and give it another go, just in case.

The last visit was with a distinguished guest from abroad who we wished to treat to some authentic Mexican food. We ordered widely off the menu to get a range of foodstuffs, and largely without exception it was poorly prepared and either tasteless or unbalanced. Soups were bland or salty, and the mole sauce was a disgrace - worse than the cheapest mass-produced supermarket brand. And the cafe de olla was undrinkable, way too sweet (and yes, I do know that it usually comes sweet, but believe me, this version was diabetes-in-a-cup).

We left disappointed as we weren't able to showcase the beautiful and fine cuisine of this amazing country to our guest. Everything we ate had a "cheap" taste, certainly not what one expects from a restaurant of this reputation, which is not what it once was. A shame.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Enjoyed the chile relleno - lots! The restaurant is colorful and the service excellent. This is the place to go for authentic Mexican food - recommended by a resident of Cuernavaca.

1  Thank ginny6
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The place itself is beautifully decorated as a traditional Mexican fonda, which ensures a unique atmosphere. The food is allright; it's all traditional, homemade Mexican cuisine and some of their dishes are exellent and others are nothing special. However the tortillas and sauce you get at the beginning (whie you wait for you dish) are DELICIOUS!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I'm a repeat customer and I always come back for the "Chiles en Nogada" and the "Huanzontles". The food is very good, the place is colorful and clean, and the service is quick & efficient.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Charming old fashion stile of a Mexican fonda. Good food and an open kitchen so you can decide your food looking at the "cazuelas" with the food. The Mole is very good as the "Chiles en Nogada".