My wife and I just returned from our 4 day stay at Hotel Tentaciones. We spent 3 nights and 4 full days here for our honeymoon and enjoyed every minute of it. It is worth noting that my wife and I are avid travelers and have been lucky enough to stay at some pretty incredible places around the world. This is the first time we have felt that a hotel (good or bad) was deserving of a review on TripAdvisor. Hotel Tentaciones is the best place we have ever stayed at, hands down! Every good review for this property is 100% legit. The scenery is incredible, the rooms are beautiful and the views are amazing. It is the staff at this resort which makes the stay unforgettable. Salvador, the general manager, and his team understand service and do a tremendous job of working seamlessly to provide excellent customer service and make their guests feel welcome and comfortable.
My wife and I were looking for a place to relax and unwind after our wedding. Hotel Tentaciones is a luxury boutique hotel with just 4 rooms. It has a breathtaking pool that overlooks the entire bay and surrounding town. The rooms, really suites, are very spacious and all have amazing views with lots of light and access to fresh air. The attention to detail is incredible both in the architecture and the way they maintain their rooms. The cocktails are delicious and so is the guacamole. We ordered fresh mojitos and tamarin margaritas that were unreal!
The restaurant at Tentaciones is absolutely incredible. They carry over all of the amazing features about the Hotel into dinner each night, including; outstanding service, incredible attention to detail and amazing views of the sunset. The food is oustanding. Each course has unique ingredients and flavors that are all very fresh. The fixed menu is expensive but worth every penny. We dined at the hotel every night we were there and we were never disappointed.
* A couple of tips about the surrounding area. The beach at La Ropa is about a 10-15 minute walk. We stayed at the pool at the hotel each day as we felt there was no need to leave. However, we spent 4 nights at the Tides Hotel which is on La Ropa and the beach is quite nice with good swimming and various restaurants and bars. Other good restaurants nearby include: Amuleto Hotel (similar to Hotel Tentaciones but not quite expensive) La Perla Restaurant at La Ropa beach is good. Coconuts in downtown Zihuat has great dinner and a very nice outdoor terrace for dining. Lety's is VERY overrated and the coconut shrimp are average. We heard great things about Tangos, just down the street from Tentaciones but did not go. Casa Que Canta Hotel, about a five minute walk from Tentaciones, is beautiful but very very expensive. Better to go for drinks and an appetizer than dinner. The town of Zihuat is very charming and make sure to check out the Sunday evening market as all of the locals get together.
We are already looking forward to our next trip to Tentaciones. We cannot thank Salvador and his staff enough for all of their incredible service. The Hotel truly is paradise and we will be back again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Temptations Hotel" is a luxurious four suite boutique hotel overlooking Zihuatanejo's bay. Architecturally designed with elegant thatched palapa roof, thick tropical wood, sweet water infinity pool and three spectacular ponds adorned with the legendary Egyptian blu water lilies where one can be in touch with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Tentaciones Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tentaciones Hotel And Lounge Pool