Bungalows La Madera
Very Good 4/5
    Casa Adriana(Zihuatanejo)
    Bungalows Pacificos(Zihuatanejo)
    Average 3/5
      Aura del Mar Hotel(Zihuatanejo)
      Hotel ZihuaCaracol(Zihuatanejo)
      Posada Michel Hotel(Zihuatanejo)
      Average 3/5
        Hotel Casa Bravo(Zihuatanejo)
        View Hotel
        All reviewscity viewfull kitcheninfinity poolclose to downtownshort walk to the beachhot wateroverlooking the oceanrooms are cleanrelaxing vacationbayplatanostaxisjacuzzipesos
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed August 3, 2011

I took a trip to Zihuatanejo with my husband and brother-in-law at the end of February/beginning of March 2011 and stayed at the Bungalows La Madera. We could not have been happier with our accommodations! Charles, Chamila and Mark were beyond friendly and helpful, and always had advice on where to go and how to get there. We stayed in rooms 14 and 15 in the new building, which were in the same area as the covered bar and table area. The pool was also right there. Although some may think these rooms are not as private we absolutely loved the location. My husband and I had a kitchenette in our room, and we were able to make several meals there during our 9-day stay. Having a dining area right outside our room that had a stunning view of the bay was fantastic. Having the pool right outside our rooms made it all that much better. I was not pregnant when we booked the trip, but by the time we got there I was 4 1/2 months along. I felt very comfortable staying at the bungalows and the air conditioning in our room was a lifesaver! I can't wait to come back here again with our daughter when she's a little older.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
        2  Thank PdxAmanda
        Reviewed July 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Bungalows La Madera for our honeymoon - ten days of bliss!

We caught the tail end of a hurricane on the first day we arrived, and our original room was apparently ankle deep in water on the balcony. We had planned to stay up on the hill in room 7. Mark switched us to the newer suites - we had room 15 which was an upgrade from what we were expecting. We got the room at the same price as the original room we had reserved. Loved every minute of staying here. We had great views, easy access to the pool, and easy access to the beach area as well as the street.

We had no problem with the air conditioning or hot water, and even enjoyed the television that can swivel back and forth between the bedroom and the kitchen. Internet was off and on from our room, but we got great access at the pool so no problem there. We both found the staff to be extremely helpful and good at what they do - from offering to carry our 50 pound suitcase down all the stairs to providing impeccable maid service. It was also extremely helpful that they had bottled water in the room for our use, and could get a refill for 25 pesos. We really enjoyed our stay at La Madera and enjoyed the beach access, as well as the restaurants close by. Great to stay here during the low season - not too many people around!

Room Tip: we enjoyed the newer suites - not sure what the views are like up on the hill top, but ours were stellar!
        • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
        2  Thank mandafesta
        Reviewed June 19, 2011

My wife and I spent a romantic week here. The owners were so accommodating. They were so nice when my wife had an upset stomach, the owner brought her to the doctor himself. They even invited us over to dinner on Sunday. Wow! What hospitality. We will come back evey year! We love it!

• Stayed: June 2011
        Reviewed June 13, 2011

Returned in late February 2011 for 10 days and will come back to Zihua and BLM in 20012. Nervous that my original room (2) was unavailable, I was delighted that the room directly beneath (Rm 1) had great charm, privacy and still fine views of the hills and the town. And the blender was FINE!!!! AND the maids have learned to make towel swans!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Business is good at BLM; so the pool area has been expanded, new rooms facing the bay are available offering beautiful views, and there was yoga at sunset on the roof. All worth checking out. A most comfortable, unpretentious place. I love it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
        1  Thank wllm
        Reviewed May 19, 2011

This is a charming familia owned hotel at la madera beach. easy access to the beach and a small pool for cooling off. The rooms vary drastically and I rcommend you request a balcony room with hammock. The family wh owns this spot is wonderful and go out of their way to accommodate needs. Minuses are there are very steep stairs to lug your suitcases up and down f no staff is available. And some rooms do not have a.c. Very secure and safe. And the little restaurant at the foot of the stairs on the beach is supernfriendly and welcoming. The vegetation is lush and beautiful. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: May 2011