“Amazing Honeymoon!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Hotel Cinco Sentidos
Ranked #23 of 81 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Houston, Texas
“Amazing Honeymoon!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I just want to say this hotel was amazing. My wife and I stayed in the Grand Suite for 1 week for our Honeymoon. From the minute we got there we were taking care of. The first night I realized I left my toothpaste at home, mind you it was 1100p.m., and Diego, rode his bike to the store to go get some. Diego is the young man who helps with the bags and everything else. The Hotel was always clean. If you asked for water they would bring it to your room. No hidden fees.

There only five rooms so you get to meet the couples but are never in each others way. Breakfast is just to die for. Heiko cooks the most amazing breakfasts and sitting on the patio enjoying the sounds and sights is simply the best. The morning conversations with Araceli make you feel at home while she serves you breakfast. She is the sweetest.
Quick break down:
Went to Pattys almost every other day for dinner. Ask Heicho about the secret romantic dinner. Went to town, when cruise ships weren't in port, to shop. Waverunners, amazing rope course, and went fishing. Was a little disappointed with the fishing but it was only 150 for me and wife, included snorkling and lunch. Had a massage in the room, fell asleep. Get them on the beach only 20 bucks for an hour!!! Drank Don Julio with couple from Michigan till I couldnt see. Laid by pool and beach almost every day. Wife hit up yoga in mornings while I slept or read. Went to local supermarket and bought cheese, lunchmeat, salted meats,chips and fresh pico, couple cases of beer and wine for room. Ate lunch by the pool side almost every day. All that being said I really did nothing but sit and drink and relax. You will have the most relaxing time.

Looking forward to going again soon! I know this review is late but had to let you know. Matthew and Cindi

Room Tip: Check online!
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hricko

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I agree with all the wonderful reviews about Cinco Sentido's, including the graciousness of the hosts as well. You wont go wrong staying in any room at Cinco Sentido's, but the grand suite is realllllyyyyy nice. I won't repeat what everyone else has said but will provide you with a couple of activities we did while we were there which Heiko arranged for us:
1. Private fishing trip - caught fish, and had it cooked for us on an island. It was really excellent, and the meal was spectacular. Also went snorkeling at the island as well.
2. Hired a private driver for the day. Toured us through all of Zihuantenejo, then took us to Ixtapa as well. Interesting to see where the locals live and play, and get off the tourist path.
3. Rented a swinging bed at the Tides resort on the beach for the day. This was a great way to spend a lazy day. They charged us $40 for the entire day.
4. Patty's restaurant down at the beach - order the whole snapper. It's amazing.

I will definitely stay at Cinco Sentido's again. We toured through a couple of other resorts that we were contemplating, and Cinco Sentido's was the best value for the price. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kimkauai
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Dear Heiko and Araceli,
A forever thank you for a magical stay at Cinco Sentidos. This was our first vacation alone since the birth of our 6 and 7 year old sons. For mysterious reasons, Heiko upgraded us to the Grand Suite. Oh my goodness! We would lay in our hammock everyday, giggle like kids, and wonder when he was going to tell us to go back to the suite we had reserved. Which, of course, he never did. However, we peeked in the other suites, and they were just as wonderful.

The whole hotel is incredibly clean and fresh, and we loved the little flowers that were placed on our bed every morning. The view from our suite and poolside were stunning. We actually had to force ourselves to leave our slice of nirvana and go into town or Playa La Ropa. Every morning, Heiko (a gourmet chef) would prepare the most amazing breakfast. We actually would skip lunch because we were so satisfied. After breakfast we would retreat to our room, relax in the infiniti pool and just dream away. Then, we would "force" ourselves to go into town :) We really enjoyed the people of Zihuatanejo and felt 100% safe and welcome (I would take my children to Zihuatanejo). Don't stress about internet searches of where to eat before you go. Heiko and Araceli have wonderful recommendations.

We actually loved walking the hills from Playa La Ropa and into town. Great exercise, and my thighs thanked me. Since we were so happy relaxing at the hotel, we would usually go to Playa La Ropa in the evenings. We would swim, walk, and have a beer at Patty's. Playa La Ropa had clean sand and nice water with the perfect amount of easy waves. A few folks would ask us to take tours, but they were easy going and did not pressure us when we simply said "No Thanks". Honestly, I personally don't think going into Ixtapa is a good use of time (seemed less relaxing to me). However, I did enjoy the small fishing excursion on the way to Ixtapa.

Cinco Sentidos was the perfect place for us. It was rejuvinating and healing for myself and my husband. We will definitely return. Thank you again Heiko and Araceli!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bluefireclay
South Pasadena, California
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Hotel Cinco Sentidos has done it again! Just got back from another truly amazing and unforgettable experience at this lovely hotel in Zihuatanejo. Hotel owners Araceli and Heiko have never ceased to amaze us, which is the number one reason why my husband and I chose to hold our destination wedding and vacation in this little dream spot in May 2011. The previous times we had been here, we came as a couple and the experience had always been quiet, relaxing and calming. We are so excited and thrilled with our decision this past month to hold our wedding here because now our families and close friends got to share this beautiful, private setting with us as well. Each of the 5 rooms has a unique feel and gorgeous views to the bay. Every morning during our stay, we and our guests woke up to the most amazing breakfasts that were prepared by Heiko (who happens to be a gourmet chef – and the star chef of our wedding). EVERYTHING Heiko makes is absolutely delicious and all our guests are raving about his food. Nobody missed a single breakfast during our weeklong stay! Both Araceli and Heiko make this place an absolute treasure because of the amount of attention and detail they put into everything and in making it a personable experience! We feel the hospitality is unique and unmatched. Araceli took on a major role in our wedding by being the wedding planner for our 24 persons wedding and everything went flawlessly. We worked with her via email for 6 months prior and she did everything to be accommodating and to give us the wedding we dreamed. She has excellent taste and is extremely attentive. Couldn’t have worked with a better person whom we trusted so much. Our guests were very impressed and complimented on the excellent details and the delicious 3 course dinner that was designed and prepared by Heiko.

In all, our family and friends, as well as my husband and I had a remarkable and memorable time. As the previous reviewer stated, Zihuatanejo felt extremely quiet and safe to all of us, and the people in the town were all very friendly. We had great dinners at Kau-Kan, Il Mare and Bandido’s in the Zihua center.

Thank you Heiko and Araceil for gving us the experience of a lifetime! Once again we had another great experience at Cinco Sentidos and we most certainly look forward to going back, and recommending this place to others.

Room Tip: All are unique but Grand Suite is breathtaking
3 Thank cwang-lima
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 16, 2011

WOW! I can't believe it's taken me so long to write this review! I wanted to think long and hard about how I could give this amazing piece of Heaven it's proper credit and I just don't know if there is any way to explain it without just EXPERIENCING it!!!

As everyone will tell you in these reviews, Heiko and Araceli were kind, gracious hosts and we never had a single desire that wasn't met. The grounds were immaculate, the whole staff takes great pride in giving you a first class experience every single day! The glamour never lets up!

My husband and I were there for our honeymoon in April and were fortunate enough to be the only people there so we were upgraded to the Grand Suite! Honestly we could have gone the entire week without leaving the room! It truly is incredible and the you will never tire of simply floating in your own private pool and staring out at the bay!

Heiko was an amazing chef and we always wondered everyday what he had in store for us the next day! We told him our only "complaint" was that he didn't cook all of our meals while we were there!!! He truly loves what he does and his food proves it!

We brought along several notes of "must go to" places from this website and we enjoyed most of them! Honestly, we LOVED Elviras and found ourselves there several times. The staff was incredibly nice, the food was good and so cheap and the drinks were AWESOME and again, so cheap! It is so close to the hotel and wasn't as crowded as some of the other places so we found it a very comfortable place to go. Letys is worth mentioning, as is Espuma (quite spendy but the view and restaurant are spectacular) and Il Mare was equally wonderful. Far less fancy than Espuma, decent prices, AWESOME food and same amazing view as Espuma (just not as glamourous!)

A few little tidbits that I would have found helpful. Try and change in your money all at once or the majority of what you think you're going to spend. We made several trips to Banamex and it just seems to be a little bit of a hassle.

We found the Centro Mercado a really neat experience. It's not touristy for sure but really gave you a flavor of the city. I highly recommend checking it out and buying some fresh baked goodies to munch in the room!

We never felt threatened or unsafe in Zihua at all. The people were incredibly friendly and willing to be helpful. The cab drivers impressed us with having the cleanest cabs we have ever been in, they were always cleaning them while waiting for someone to drive and the drivers all look very professional in nice clothes, etc... We feel like this town is a hidden gem. I'm kind of glad, the people there take great pride in what they have but it's so unknown, the ouside world hasn't ruined it!

My husband and I can't wait to go back but sadly will have to wait as we brought home a little surprise with us due in January!!! :o)

Our deepest thanks and admiration to Araceli and Heiko, we truly had the best time of our lives!

Room Tip: Every room is GREAT but the Grand Suite is AMAZING
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank smamomheidi
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Great room, great location excellent service at this family run boutique hotel in Zihuatenejo. The German chef/ proprietor/concierge and his lovely bride were excellent host. a relaxing and comfortable place to hang out even if you don't want to take the short stroll to the beach. The breakfast is an awesome start to a great day. If you can opt for the master suite. The hammock and the plunge pool make it a great palce to read and relax even on the hottest of days. Thanks Haiko and Aricelli

P.S. Zihuat seems like the most safe and peaceful place we have stayed in Mexico.

Room Tip: Arrive early in the week for best availability
1 Thank CrystalnKevin
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We went there just a couple of days ago, we went for holidays and we spent the best holidays ever in Zihuatanejo. The hotel is great, the service and amenities are marvelous! We strongly recommend this great place to couples who want a deep rest from the daily work and from the city.
A pause on our daily lives make the difference. Congratulations!!

2 Thank Mayela19