“Romantic, Private, Exclusive, Sexy, Million Dollar Views: Hands Down The Best Place To Stay In Zihua”
Review of Amuleto

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Amuleto
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
NYC
Reviewed December 16, 2009

THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN ZIHUATANEJO - HANDS DOWN. This was not only our opinion after staying there, but the opinion of the local taxi drivers, tour guides, and man on the street - all who commented when we mentioned this when we told them we were staying here.

My wife and I enjoyed the best vacation of our lives at Amuleto. We are professionals from New York who have traveled the world together and can attest to what a 5 star resort is - and Amuleto is a 5 star resort without question.

I can make this easy for anyone reading this who is contemplating staying here versus one of the larger hotels in the area:

If you want a romantic, private, exclusive, sexy vacation, filled with million dollar views, 5 star service, 5 star dining, and you want to be treated like royalty - then this is the place for you.

A big thank you to Viviana, Juan and the rest of the very attentive and friendly staff at Amuleto for taking such good care of us while were we at Amuleto on our honeymoon.

Also, if you are an aesthetics junkie like myself who cares about attentions to detail then this place is certainly also for you. Amuleto was created by architect, Enrique Zozaya who used boulders, bamboo, tree trunks, and palm fronds to create this fabulous resort. To me Zozaya is the Frank Lloyd Wright of Zihuatanejo.

This was a picture perfect and romantic honeymoon. A place I would recommend to anyone who wants to REALLY get away.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Spirit_of_Zihua

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Relaxing, Luxurious, Comfortable, Accommodating. Everything you could ask for a romantic honeymoon. No need to leave your room, but if you do, no need to wear shoes. This property is beyond paradise. The service is impeccable, not to mention so friendly and respectful. The restaurant was the best in town! We left the property 4 times total in 10 days and we are from LA where we never stop moving. We truly transformed into appreciating the view, the creatures, the quiet, the weather, the staff.... and just had a beautiful peace of mind and serenity. Thank you Amuleto!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kecjmm
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 3, 2009

My wife and I (46 & 42 yrs old) stayed at Amuleto just after Thanksgiving 2009. It was our first time in Zihua and we found it quite beautiful and relaxing. The hotel is spotless and well maintained. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. They will do almost anything to accommodate. The owners were on site and quite personable. The food was great with a wonderful variety from breakfast until dinner. If you care to dine out, it was only a $5 dollar few minute drive into town. The hotel has several rooms. We viewed them all but felt Suite #1 was the best due to its view, location, seating arrangement, hammock and outdoor seating arrangement. There are bugs in the tropics however; the owners of Amuleto do a great job keeping them under control. We had absolutely no issues with bugs during our 5 night stay. This is a very small, personable resort for people who want to relax and enjoy the best the area has to offer. Book this resort and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed November 30, 2009

My wife and I just returned to New York after a week at one of the most beautiful hotels we've ever stayed at - The Amuleto. The Amuleto in Zihuatanejo, Mexico was the perfect spot for a much needed break from the chaos in NY.

The Amuleto's staff, ambiance, views, food, and private accommodations make for the
perfect exclusive luxury get away. The open air and perfect weather - 85-90 degrees & Sunny - every day felt almost dreamlike. We've never been in better weather!

We opted to stay and relax at the hotel for most of the time spent at The Amuleto over delicious food, excellent drinks and in our personal plunge pool. The other parts of our Zihua trip was spent with our most excellent tour guide - Lucio. Lucio was professional, knowledgeable, and extremely cool to hang out with. He took us shopping at the best shops, horse riding on the beach and fishing out in the Pacific where we caught black tuna and Mahi Mahi - which we thoroughly enjoyed on the boat!

My wife and I strongly recommend staying at The Amuleto when traveling through Zihuatanejo! Thanks to Ricardo and to the Amuleto staff for making us feel like family and for providing such a lovely place for my wife and I to return to... :)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank malbert11
Michigan
Reviewed November 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Amuleto for a week on our honeymoon. It was wonderful! My favorite memories: being welcomed by margaritas & guacamole, the VIEWS, wonderful private accommodations, couples massage al fresco, open-air shower over looking the bay, amazing food and service, peaceful breakfast over looking the water every morning with the love of my life, meeting other guests at Amuleto and excursions around Zihua and Ixtapa. I will never forget this beautiful, serene and romantic gem! We would like to return for an anniversary getaway someday but there are so may other places we have yet to visit. Someday... :)

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Even after reading all of Amuleto's fantastically positive reviews on TripAdvisor, I could never have imagined a place so luxurious, beautiful and just all around spectacular as Amuleto. Every moment spent at Amuleto was pure pleasure: the amazingly good breakfasts, the wondrous setting on the hillside surrounded by exotic plants and flowers, the hospitality (oh my goodness - the hospitality!!!), the warmth of the staff, the exciting dinners, the ridiculously awesome view, and the outside shower! And the private dipping pool. All of these elements combined made me feel that I was truly experiencing something special.
I can't imagine a more perfect place for anyone to choose to stay than Amuleto - it is truly the most magical vacation I have ever had and I can't wait until we have an opportunity to return.
A word of advice: if you plan on taking any excursions, be sure to use Lucio - he is a wonderful person to spend the day with and will give you the best tour for the price than any other person or place in Zihua, guaranteed. But also, don't plan on doing *too* much while staying there - you really won't ever want to leave the resort!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 27, 2009

After reading all the reviews on Tripadvisor, Amuleto had a lot to live up to... and it surpassed all our expectations. The VIEW (my favorite-- the scenery was beautiful and the pictures online don't do it justice), the gorgeous suite, the service, the food! Everything was wonderful. Amuleto is exotic and tranquil, and we left the grounds only twice during our stay (once to go to the beach, and once to try another restaurant). At the end of a week-long vacation, we usually have a slight desire to return home. Definitely not this time. And we can't wait to go back... again... and again... and again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple