“Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amuleto

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Amuleto
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Pleasanton, California
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I just came back from an 8 day stay at Amuleto. He had found this "gem" by accident, when looking for a place for us to go on vacation. He showed me the pics online, and I thought, "book it". We were not sure what to expect, but the reviews we so positive. When we arrived at Amuelto, we were greeted by Jacobo, so gracious, and he brought us a Margarita and the best guacamole, chips & salsa I have ever ate. When I walked through the majestic doors of our "casita" plan #1, my mouth dropped open and I could not express enough to my boyfriend, "this is exactly like the photos online", "omg, so breath taking". I immediately, thanked him again, for finding us this beautiful place to relax, and just be together. The staff here was amazing to us, and we got to know them well. Our last day there was so hard to leave, but the staff made us feel like family. We got the royal treatment. So kind and warm, and the views everywhere were amazing. I will never forget this time here with my Nick. We ventured out twice to Zihuatanejo downtown, just to go to the bank. We felt safe enough with our taxi driver that Amuleto got for us. We did not stay out there, but we went to Playa La Ropa, recommended by Amuleto, and had a blast!! So many activities to participate in if you choose to.... and we did. Jet skiing so fun and affordable, we went twice on separate days. We never ate anywhere other than Amuleto, mainly because the food was awesome! Chef Miguel, so shy, & humble, and an amazing chef, with his sous chefs by his side. They were always accommodating my taste, and always created an amazing meal for us. The restaurant here at Amuleto, is 4 to 5 star in my book, my boyfriend is a chef himself, and rated it excellent. Very romantic, and secluded. I felt extremely spoiled. Thank you Amuleto for making our stay here memorable.
Nick and Nanci

Room Tip: We stayed in plan #1
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

My wife and I scheduled our honeymoon to start the day after our wedding. However, a volcano erupted outside of Mexico City and prevented us from flying. The owner of the Amuleto, Ricardo, credited our stay for up to a year and we just got back from our belated dream honeymoon.

When you look on the Amuleto's website, the pictures are spectacular and you think, "it's just too good to be true." Let me just tell you that the Amuleto exceeded our expectations! From the moment we arrived we were in paradise. We were greeted and our bags were taken to the room while we were invited to relax with some drinks and fantastic chips and guacamole while viewing the spectacular Zihuatanejo bay. We stayed in Suite 1 and the Palapa Suite during our 6 day stay and each was amazing. #1 had a great hammock, lounge area for tanning, relaxing and taking in the view. The private plunge pool was great and allowed us to cool off in the privacy of our own room. The palapa suite had a private, elevated terrace above the main room that gave one of the best views of our trip. Both had awesome outdoor showers and amazing architecture. Each of them has a bedroom with windowed doors that can be left open to enjoy the sea breeze or closed to turn on the A/C on hot days/nights.

The restaurant had 5 star food at 3 star prices. I highly recommend the tilapia with curry sauce as well as the beef dish. Whenever we went up for dinner, someone was automatically dispatched to our room to turn down the bed and turn on the A/C in the bedroom. The service was beyond compare and everyone was cheerful and attentive. Be sure to practice your Spanish with them and they will love you.

I recommend asking to visit the gift shop if you can. They carry many hand crafted items that are made by the owner's wife.

Room Tip: While each of the rooms we stayed in had their own perks, we preferred Suite #1 to the Palapa Suite...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
River Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were in Zihua in February and went to a fantastic dinner at Amuleto.
We could not get the place out of our mind so, seeing the weather was
not improving in Chicago, we booked a week at Amuleto. Everything was
as good or better than the other reviews. From the minute we stepped in
to our sad departure everyone was perfect. Jacobo, Isidro,Viviana, Margarita,
Maria, Arturo and sorry to anyone unnamed, all were wonderful. Suite 4 where we stayed, was
beautiful, as we're all the suites we saw. The food is the best around. And really there is no
reason to leave. We did go to Las Gatas Beach , which we love, a couple days. But most
of the time just loved being at Amuleto. My only regret in telling everyone is it that we may
not get a room when we want to go back.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at one of Ixtapa's big, beachfront hotels over 30 years ago and thought it might be fun to return for the first time since 1983. During our initial trip, we took several day trips into Zihuatanejo and we remember the small town charm. Although Zihuatanejo has grown since then, we decided to return there, rather than Ixtapa and search for a smaller, intimate location where we could relax and de-stress for a week. Amuleto offered exactly what we were looking for, in fact it exceeded our expectations in every way. Starting with check-in, when we were offered a complimentary marguerita with nachos and the best guacamole I've ever tasted, we were treated like royalty by a staff who would do anything to ensure our satisfaction. Our room (Room #4) was spacious, with a small pool on a large deck and a beautiful view overlooking Zihuatanejo Bay. We could have spent the full 7 days there but we also decided to enjoy trips into town for lunch at many of Zihuatanejo's quaint restaurants (Café Elvira was one of our favourites for lunch). The atmosphere at Amuleto can best be described as Romantic and Relaxing. Several couples staying in the other rooms were on their honeymoons and all agreed that the atmosphere offered by this boutique hotel was perfect, whether celebrating your first days of married life or 30 years. Congratulations Amuleto. You have raised the bar for customer satisfaction. We hope to be back soon!

mimjoesar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just spent six nights there, and though we did leave on occasion, we hated to do so. The rooms, the view, the pool, the breakfasts and the staff were top notch. Jacobo went above and beyond to make our stay fabulous. We have a daughter who is vegan and he called ahead to make sure restaurants would make something special for her. He ensured the kitchen would always made her a special vegan breakfast too. I can't say enough good things about the place. Thank you to everyone at Amuleto for an amazing week.

• Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

It has taken me a few months to write this review because I honestly could not find the words to express how perfect, surreal, stunning Amuletto was. We picked this magical place to have my daughters wedding and what an amazing day it was. My special thanks to Ricardo and especially Neglia whose warmth and care (and skill!) made the day so perfect!! Neglia our menu was so beyond words!! As each course was brought out I couldn't imagine the next being better, yet it was. And the gorgeous dessert table!!!
Amuletto is a gem, our stay was pampered and perfect, the staff was as good as it gets.
If you are looking for romance, perfection, 5 star food and accommodations, look no further!! I am already dreaming about my next trip there!
***and don't forget to ask for Neglias store to be opened for you- I am still calling her to ship items to me- sophisticated beautiful and classy just like everything else at Amuletto!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for making my daughters wedding and our vacation a dream.

Room Tip: Any room is a treat, we had the whole hotel booked out for the wedding and there is something speci...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Amuleto for the first week of our honeymoon trip. To say it was beyond our wildest dreams would still be an understatement. When planning our trip, we knew we wanted to be somewhere warm, sandy, and on the water; so we focused on beachfront locations around the Caribbean and Central America. Somehow, we kept coming back to the Amuleto website even with it's mountainside location. Well, despite my initial hesitations, I went ahead and made the booking, and simply put it was hands down the best accommodation decision I have ever made.
When all was said and done, we literally had to force ourselves to leave Amuleto's serene estate to venture out for a few day trips to town and nearby beaches. The beaches are beautiful (especially Los Gatos) and easy to get to, but they just couldn't top what you have at Amuleto. What's more Zihuatanejo has plenty of other beautiful small hotels with fantastic restaurants and views - some of them beachfront, and we had amazing dinners at many of them during our vacation. Just about everyone of these properties seemed like they would be incredible places to stay. Based simply on appearance, location, and their restaurants alone, I would feel confident recommending the five places we saw. However, for our tastes, not one of them could possibly be any better than Amuleto.
That's really all that needs to be said, but I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the amazing team of staff members that run the show at Amuleto. As much as anything else about the hotel, they make you feel like a VIP, and their attention to detail and willingness to accommodate is beyond reproach.
Just so you're aware of the scene, this is a place for romantic R&R, and some great dinners. Unless you're desperately seeking solitude, you'll absolutely want your significant other by your side to share in the blissful experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms, Room #5 and I believe Room #3. Room 5 had a private plunge pool, t...