“"10"”
Review of Amuleto

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Amuleto
Ranked #5 of 79 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were in Zihua in February and went to a fantastic dinner at Amuleto.
We could not get the place out of our mind so, seeing the weather was
not improving in Chicago, we booked a week at Amuleto. Everything was
as good or better than the other reviews. From the minute we stepped in
to our sad departure everyone was perfect. Jacobo, Isidro,Viviana, Margarita,
Maria, Arturo and sorry to anyone unnamed, all were wonderful. Suite 4 where we stayed, was
beautiful, as we're all the suites we saw. The food is the best around. And really there is no
reason to leave. We did go to Las Gatas Beach , which we love, a couple days. But most
of the time just loved being at Amuleto. My only regret in telling everyone is it that we may
not get a room when we want to go back.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at one of Ixtapa's big, beachfront hotels over 30 years ago and thought it might be fun to return for the first time since 1983. During our initial trip, we took several day trips into Zihuatanejo and we remember the small town charm. Although Zihuatanejo has grown since then, we decided to return there, rather than Ixtapa and search for a smaller, intimate location where we could relax and de-stress for a week. Amuleto offered exactly what we were looking for, in fact it exceeded our expectations in every way. Starting with check-in, when we were offered a complimentary marguerita with nachos and the best guacamole I've ever tasted, we were treated like royalty by a staff who would do anything to ensure our satisfaction. Our room (Room #4) was spacious, with a small pool on a large deck and a beautiful view overlooking Zihuatanejo Bay. We could have spent the full 7 days there but we also decided to enjoy trips into town for lunch at many of Zihuatanejo's quaint restaurants (Café Elvira was one of our favourites for lunch). The atmosphere at Amuleto can best be described as Romantic and Relaxing. Several couples staying in the other rooms were on their honeymoons and all agreed that the atmosphere offered by this boutique hotel was perfect, whether celebrating your first days of married life or 30 years. Congratulations Amuleto. You have raised the bar for customer satisfaction. We hope to be back soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just spent six nights there, and though we did leave on occasion, we hated to do so. The rooms, the view, the pool, the breakfasts and the staff were top notch. Jacobo went above and beyond to make our stay fabulous. We have a daughter who is vegan and he called ahead to make sure restaurants would make something special for her. He ensured the kitchen would always made her a special vegan breakfast too. I can't say enough good things about the place. Thank you to everyone at Amuleto for an amazing week.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 16, 2014

It has taken me a few months to write this review because I honestly could not find the words to express how perfect, surreal, stunning Amuletto was. We picked this magical place to have my daughters wedding and what an amazing day it was. My special thanks to Ricardo and especially Neglia whose warmth and care (and skill!) made the day so perfect!! Neglia our menu was so beyond words!! As each course was brought out I couldn't imagine the next being better, yet it was. And the gorgeous dessert table!!!
Amuletto is a gem, our stay was pampered and perfect, the staff was as good as it gets.
If you are looking for romance, perfection, 5 star food and accommodations, look no further!! I am already dreaming about my next trip there!
***and don't forget to ask for Neglias store to be opened for you- I am still calling her to ship items to me- sophisticated beautiful and classy just like everything else at Amuletto!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for making my daughters wedding and our vacation a dream.

Room Tip: Any room is a treat, we had the whole hotel booked out for the wedding and there is something speci...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Amuleto for the first week of our honeymoon trip. To say it was beyond our wildest dreams would still be an understatement. When planning our trip, we knew we wanted to be somewhere warm, sandy, and on the water; so we focused on beachfront locations around the Caribbean and Central America. Somehow, we kept coming back to the Amuleto website even with it's mountainside location. Well, despite my initial hesitations, I went ahead and made the booking, and simply put it was hands down the best accommodation decision I have ever made.
When all was said and done, we literally had to force ourselves to leave Amuleto's serene estate to venture out for a few day trips to town and nearby beaches. The beaches are beautiful (especially Los Gatos) and easy to get to, but they just couldn't top what you have at Amuleto. What's more Zihuatanejo has plenty of other beautiful small hotels with fantastic restaurants and views - some of them beachfront, and we had amazing dinners at many of them during our vacation. Just about everyone of these properties seemed like they would be incredible places to stay. Based simply on appearance, location, and their restaurants alone, I would feel confident recommending the five places we saw. However, for our tastes, not one of them could possibly be any better than Amuleto.
That's really all that needs to be said, but I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the amazing team of staff members that run the show at Amuleto. As much as anything else about the hotel, they make you feel like a VIP, and their attention to detail and willingness to accommodate is beyond reproach.
Just so you're aware of the scene, this is a place for romantic R&R, and some great dinners. Unless you're desperately seeking solitude, you'll absolutely want your significant other by your side to share in the blissful experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms, Room #5 and I believe Room #3. Room 5 had a private plunge pool, t...
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Amuleto recently celebrated its tenth anniversary, offering my wife and me a chance to reflect on how this little treasure of a hotel has ripened since we first visited Ricardo and Neglia, the Brazilian owners.

There were four suites then, six now, and rumors of a few more to come. Each still has its private view, a stunning sweep over Zihuatanejo Bay far below. The rooms are charming and self-contained. Honeymooners, I have noticed, emerge only for meals.

The restaurant, which originally served just breakfast, added lunch a year later and now has a magnificent dinner menu, created and overseen by Neglia, who graduated from the Cordon Blue school in Los Angeles. You can choose three, four or five courses and be assured that every one will have an unexpected creative twist.

There is a small shop, unique among Zihua hotels which tend to feature foklorica, whereas Amuleto offers smart resort wear, much of it designed by Neglia herself who markets to boutiquers under the Ticci Tonetto label.

Service is thoughtful and unsparing. If something is not just right, expect it to be attended to pronto. Ricardo and Neglia have created a place that produces a regular clientele, and we are happy to be among them.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We read all the reviews of Amuleto and wanted to see firsthand if the accolades were warranted. Beyond a doubt, yes. We are picky travelers and know what we like. Solitude, beauty, view, service and ambience.are high on our list. Amuleto meets them all. This is our third trip to Zihua/Ixtapa and have stayed at the other top rated hotels - Amuleto wins! Unfortunately Ricardo was out of town, but he and his warm and personable wife, Neglia, have put together a winning combination of vibe, and staff that make you not need to ever leave your room! Shout outs to Bibiana who we teased about putting in our suitcase and taking home :), Juan, Pablo and Jacobo. You guys rock! The massages were phenomenal also. Check this place out, believe what you read- you will not be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms with a private pool were great. We were fortunate to see them all.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple