“Amazing getaway”
Review of Amuleto

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Amuleto
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

As a frequent traveler this could be one of the best resorts I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. If you want a quiet, relaxing, extremely personal experience this is the place for you, if you want a large resort go up to Ixatapa as this is like living at a private villa for the weekend. First Ricardo runs a great property, he is always checking in on guests and you can tell his staff just loves working there. I stayed in Suite 1 and the one comment I will have is that it is exposed to nature, with an outside bathroom you need to be comfortable with the occasional bug or lizard. Outside of that the room is amazing, views incredible, breakfast every morning really makes the stay and is one of the best meals we had. Food at the property was great, they make anything you want on or off the menu. I will be booking a return trip soon, the staff makes you feel right at home.

Room Tip: Suite 1 and Papala are the best
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MK75NYC

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a resort experience (large/multiple pools, social activities, party atmosphere, etc.), do not stay here. If you are looking for a private retreat that feels like you are staying in one of your very wealthy friends' mountain compound, this is a perfect place for you. We stayed in Suite #1, and honestly, there was little reason to leave our suite. Great view, infinity pool, two-person hammock, and great room service. Most of the property is "open air", which can be a problem in warmer months. We were there at the end of Oct., which is still pretty warm. If you need an air conditioned bathroom, don't stay in Suite 1. Conversely, the "openness" is also part of what makes this place unique and great. Our suite was also very private. Secluded and quite, which was excellent. A great place for couples. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WillVenture
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Cancel all your other trips, and book yourself to Amuleto AS SON AS POSSIBLE. The perfect spot for couples who want to get away from the world and feel like you've won a million dollars! Ricardo (the owner) knows what he is doing and will do whatever it takes to give the best experience. Jacobo and Isidro were excellent and went above and beyond to help us whenever they could. AMAZING!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kylewcleveland
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I love Zihuatanejo and have been many times. On our past visits we've gone to Amuleto for dinner and finally had a chance to stay for 4 nights this past February. Amuleto is an incredibly unique place to stay and so beautiful. The views are stunning from every spot in the hotel. The location way up on the side of the hill gives you such a difference perspective on the bay, Playa la Ropa and the town vs staying down near Playa la Ropa. We stayed in Suite #1 and loved everything about it from the large living area with lounge chairs, plunge pool and hammock, to the bedroom and the outdoor bathroom/shower. It was so cool to take a shower with a view of the bay. Service at the hotel is great and we loved the breakfasts which they brought to our room each morning. This is the type of place to go to when you want to disconnect, relax and enjoy spending time in your room because they have everything you could ask for.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SanFrancisco_CABella
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Amuleto Hotel is a special place on the planet. Situated in a beautiful bay - Zihuatanejo -, the hotel is distinctive because it was thought to offer full integration with nature and provide privacy and relaxation. From the shower to the sea view, Amuleto seems a place outside of our modern times. I was impressed with the quality of services offered at the hotel and the excellent care teams. I decided to have my wedding at this hotel and it was a special moment in my life, I recommend everyone to marry admiring the sunset and tranquility of Zihuatanejo Amulet. It is impeccable!

Room Tip: Each room has its own peculiarities, but I recommend the main suite. Is a luxury!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonettoBR
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Wanted to review this place for a while and looked at the other reviews and most of those reviews which are all excellent comments cover the bases of the outstanding service and location you will receive here. I would add this hotel I would consider a romantic hotel for couples not very fun or entertaining for children. This part Mexico is slow paced relaxing not a big party town the hotel is located little out of the way, but cabs are relatively cheap. Looking for romantic getaway you can't lose with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JF757
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I recently joined TripAdvisor and wanted to review the places that we've stayed at over the years. The hubby and I decided to stay at Amuleto in June of 2007 for our honeymoon and even to this day I look back with only fond memories from such a beautiful boutique hotel. I'm so glad that we chose Amuleto instead of a bigger resort. When we stayed (for about 5 days), we pretty much had the hotel all to ourselves. We would get up and enjoy breakfast which consisted of fresh fruit, fresh bread with homemade jellies/nut butters and more often than not the chilaquiles for me (doesn't compare anywhere else). Then the hubby and I would swim our day away on the infinity pool. We only ventured out one day, because the service was so wonderful at the resort and we just enjoyed being lazy by the pool or by the infinity pool in our room. The service, food and atmosphere at Amuleto just can't be beat. I can't wait to return sometime in the future :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple