This was our first trip and it couldn't have been better! We went in mid-September and little did we know that this is the slow season. Therefore a lot of activities are not operating and some stores/restaurants are closed. HOWEVER, that meant less people at our hotel and the staff focused on us!! They all took very good care of us and all knew us by our first names!
The hotel was great! We had the very top floor studio...220 steps to the pool each direction, but the views were well worth the climb and the room was very private. Our room had all the amenities we needed....a dip pool, lounge chairs, a small kitchen (we used the coffee pot and fridge) air conditioning, etc. It was perfect for when we needed to be inside and also allowed us to be outside to enjoy the wonderful views and weather!
The food was great and they also offer a Sunday brunch buffet. We ate breakfast each morning at Zi and tried almost everything on the menu! Great start to each day!
If you are a turtle lover...Club Intrawest operates a turtle sanctuary and does releases for the guests weekly, which was fun to see!
Its a short walk into town by way of Hotel Irma and walking along the beach. There are a few good restaurants downtown.
Would recommend--destination and resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Villas on the Mexican Riviera Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Club is located on Playa la Ropa – the most exclusive beach in Zihuatanejo. Vacation Homes cascade down the hillside offering panoramic views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Enjoy casual dining by the infinity pool or in the restaurant under the giant palapa roof. Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo reflects its spectacular oceanfront location in a stunning open-air design and innovative architecture. Terraces offer sweeping ocean views from every angle. Uniquely designed villas feature hand-cut tiles, wood furnishings and bright fabrics, all locally crafted to reflect the rich culture of the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Embarc Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Hotel Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Intrawest Zihuatanejo