Upon our arrival, we were handed a wet towel and a bottle of water, a nice gesture after a long trip and a dramatic change of temperature. One of the staff brought us to our room with the golf cart. He carried all of our luggage to our room without any complaints. We ha reserved a room with two bathrooms.
The room itself was fabulous with an open space concept facing the ocean. We even had our private little beach, a hammock, dip pool and plenty of chairs to sit on. Our room was located seconds away from the pool and the beach.
The weather was nice all week long but really hot for our taste. Other than walking along the beach or go in the pool, we did not feel that we had enough energy to do anything else. We heard of people that tried to play golf or tennis but they could not complete either because of the hot weather.
That being said, the beach was cleaned every day and was very enjoyable except for some jelly fish. There were locals around but other than peddling some of their products they have not disturbed us in any way.
The pool environment was also spotless. As we were there during the low season, we did not have any problems finding chairs and enjoy the scenery. You could sit in the sun or under a gazebo. The only unpleasant experience was people leaving their towels to reserve chairs and not come to the pool before late in the morning.
The zi restaurant favors casual clothing and the food is quite respectable for such a place. True, they did not have lobster or lamb, but all the other plates we quite appetizing and very good overall. Furthermore, if you do not want to climb the 137 steps to go to the zi, the same menu and more is available in your room, including wine. Service was very courteous and delivery was surprisingly quick.
The il mare restaurant, located steps away from the resort provide us with a good dinner and was well worth the change of pace.
As to bugs, we have seen a few salamanders, termites, ants and some cockroaches. We called the office and they sent someone to spray our room and left us a can of Raid. Regardless, bugs of that type are to be expected in such a tropical climate.
The only negative was our request for a full daily clean-up. It was done but afeter many phone calls. At the end, though, after talking to the housekeeping manager, all charges were waived.
Overall, a very pleasnt experience from all aspects and we would certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Villas on the Mexican Riviera Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Club is located on Playa la Ropa – the most exclusive beach in Zihuatanejo. Vacation Homes cascade down the hillside offering panoramic views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Enjoy casual dining by the infinity pool or in the restaurant under the giant palapa roof. Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo reflects its spectacular oceanfront location in a stunning open-air design and innovative architecture. Terraces offer sweeping ocean views from every angle. Uniquely designed villas feature hand-cut tiles, wood furnishings and bright fabrics, all locally crafted to reflect the rich culture of the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Embarc Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Hotel Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Intrawest Zihuatanejo