My family and I just got back from Club Intrawest Zihuatanejo. We had the most amazing time. The weather was perfect and the hotel was amazing. The architect is like no other. We had a 3 bedroom unit for 6 people and it was HUGE! The condo was fully equipped with a washer /dryer, dishwasher, full kitchen and more. We also had free Internet connection through a computer desk and a plasma TV with DVD and CD player. We had 3 balconies and one probably was over 1 thousand square feet with a hammock, lounge chairs, dip pool and dining table. Also, our main deck had the most amazing view of the ocean. The resort has excellent customer service and I can say that confidently as I am an avid traveler. You ask for something and they deliver even with the language barrier. When we first arrived they greeted us with cool lavender clothes (temp change was overwhelming) and a bottle of water. Check in process was smooth and the woman went over details of the hotel and activities. The first night we ate at their Zi restaurant which was fantastic, but portions were a tad small for the price, but overall excellent. Most of our vacation was spent lounging around their amazing adult pool, with a swim up bar. Every day they had happy hour at the sound of a trumpet. The bartenders and servers were all amazing and really made an effort to make people feel at home. Some would even try to learn your names and were great with the little kids. (One of the best servers was Eloywen. He had a great personality, spoke amazing English and just had fun with people.) You can tell they all love their jobs and make the best of it b/c they work such long hours every day. We saw the same faces everyday for 12 days straight! The food service at the beach was also great and the food was very good and very large portions. We were a little apprehensive about eating in Mexico, but all the food and water was fine at the resort and nobody got sick. By the end of our trip we were getting braver and were eating vegetables, fruit, beef, and even drinking the tap water and it was fine! They take extra precautions in resorts like this because they can not afford for people to get sick. So, if you stick to the large hotels and recommended places, you will be fine! The beach was very pretty and well maintained. The resort had endless lunge chairs, some in the shade and some not and we never had a problem finding seats. One added bonus is that there is always security visible around the resort 24/7 and they try to familiarize themselves with the guests. This made us fell safe, especially when we had young children. Also, unlike other places in Mexico, there were little panhandlers and they do not harass you like the ones in other places. You say no, they walk away. Finally, you should like the outdoors if your going to stay here. Very open rooms, and some bathrooms without windows. Some reviews complained about bugs and we did experience some ants, but only when we were messy with food. We told the desk that it was getting worse into our stay and they spraid right away for us and the ants were gone. You have to remember it is a tropical place. There are lots of birds, geckos, and so on. Overall, a very beautiful hotel and even better people. At the end of our trip we were so sad to leave the resort and all the people we met. How many places do you go where the staff give you a hug goodbye and know all of your family members names. Not very many. I think that may be one reason why people continue to return to the this resort.
The negative: Sometimes the humidity was a bit much, but the condo had A/C thank goodness. We also wish the bar and surf club restaurant would stay open later than 6pm. Not for a rowdy drinking crowd thing, but I think they would do a great business and it would add a little more socializing during the evening. Its hard to get kids dressed to go to a nice restaurant after a long day at the beach. Also, the fancy restaurants including the ZI restaurant don't always have food the appeal to young children and that can be difficult. This was the only downside of not staying at an all inclusive. However, one night they had an evening barbecue and that was amazing! Just a small complaint in that regard.
Oh and make sure you go to Il Mare restaurant and order the chicken Parmesan....to die for. It is a 2 min walk away with a breathtaking view!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Villas on the Mexican Riviera Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Club is located on Playa la Ropa – the most exclusive beach in Zihuatanejo. Vacation Homes cascade down the hillside offering panoramic views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Enjoy casual dining by the infinity pool or in the restaurant under the giant palapa roof. Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo reflects its spectacular oceanfront location in a stunning open-air design and innovative architecture. Terraces offer sweeping ocean views from every angle. Uniquely designed villas feature hand-cut tiles, wood furnishings and bright fabrics, all locally crafted to reflect the rich culture of the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embarc Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Hotel Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Intrawest Zihuatanejo