December 2012, was our third trip to this resort, and we have been Club Intrawest members for many years. The location is beautiful, and the staff are so great and can't do enough for the guests. We had a large, two-bedroom unit with the same teeny, dysfunction kitchen as in the smaller units. In the smaller unit, we had a two-burner hot plate if you wanted to cook soup, but in this kitchen, not even that. There is a tiny bar fridge, and a microwave under the counter which you have to crouch down to use. Our daily cleaner, Francisca, kept the place spotless. The Zi restaurant has good food, but the staff is as disorganized as ever. We had the meal plan so were committed to having some of our meals there. One afternoon I went into the restaurant to make a reservation for dinner for the three of us for that evening. There were no other reservations on the list, and I requested a table along the railing. When we came for our reservation, sure enough (this has happened to us on previous trips) our table in the almost completely empty restaurant, had been given to another family. The same guy who had taken my reservation put us at a table for two along the railing, and gave us a complimentary bottle of water and glasses of wine. Because of the ineptness of the staff, we have had free drinks every time we have stayed at the Club in Zihua. This cannot be blamed on "Mexico". I made reservations at Mar y Cielo, and at Espuma, even asking for a specific table, and there were no problems at all in receiving what we had asked for. Another morning we were having breakfast in the Zi Restaurant and I ordered the omelette with spinach. When my omelette came, instead of spinach, it was full of green bell peppers. When I asked the waiter if there was no spinach in the kitchen, he checked, and brought me a side of cooked spinach. So, WTH? On the menu was a spinach omelette, they had spinach, but put peppers instead? If we stay at the resort again, we will not buy the meal plan. Also, I must mention the many selfish guests who would go down to the pool area or beach area and "claim" one of the loungers by putting towels and other personal belongings, then disappear for hours, not evening using the loungers, but not allowing others to use them either. Our visit was over Christmas and the resort was pretty full, is it was frustrating that we paid so much money for airfare, eating, and being Club Intrawest members, and day after day could not get a lounge chair, even though they sat empty and there were four people in the pool. This has been a problem on our other visits as well. Also, the mosquitoes this year were horrendous, especially in the evening when it is dark and everybody has bare legs while sitting in outdoor restaurants. The Club did make us sign a note which said we knew about mosquitoes, but they really should notify people with reservations before they arrive, to have a good product with you, such as OFF, and apply it before going out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Villas on the Mexican Riviera Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Club is located on Playa la Ropa – the most exclusive beach in Zihuatanejo. Vacation Homes cascade down the hillside offering panoramic views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Enjoy casual dining by the infinity pool or in the restaurant under the giant palapa roof. Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo reflects its spectacular oceanfront location in a stunning open-air design and innovative architecture. Terraces offer sweeping ocean views from every angle. Uniquely designed villas feature hand-cut tiles, wood furnishings and bright fabrics, all locally crafted to reflect the rich culture of the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Embarc Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Hotel Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Intrawest Zihuatanejo