I just returned from Zihuatanejo with the man that is the love of my life and we had THE MOST amazing time!! I read many of the reviews prior and I have to say, I do not agree at all with the negative ones! I am not "knocking" anyone's bad experience but we had an incredible one. The bugs were not an issue for us whatsoever. We wore insect repellent after dark each night and we were fine. As long as we kept our fans running in our room, the mosquitos stayed away. Other than that, we saw no bugs in our room.
The hotel staff was impeccable - they treated us like we were their friends. They were so attentive and accomodating! Claro que ZI was their attitude! We are not Intrawest members, rather we are Hilton Grand Vacation Members but that did not matter. I cannot wait to go back and see my friends - all of them! Hugo, Dennis, Carlos, Alfredo, Huber, Angel, Salvador....I know I have forgotten to list some names!
The construction next door was loud but not a deterent for us - the couple of days that we were in a room immediately next to the building under construction, we were getting up early the next morning anyway - but we were so lucky - we got to move Room 401... WOW!! It's on the ground level practically on the beach with it's own private beach "yard....
The weather was almost perfect! It rained a couple of evenings - lasting only an hour or so at a time but the days were either a little overcast or perfectly sunny - we had a few of each but all of the days were great, regardless!
We got to participate in 2 baby turtle releases - that was really neat!
I was surprised by my boyfriend by a really romantic dinner on the beach and they guys that cooked for us did an EXCELLENT job! What a great amenity!
Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo is definitely a place we will return to again and again!
Judd and Jennifer - October 15 - October 22
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Villas on the Mexican Riviera Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Club is located on Playa la Ropa – the most exclusive beach in Zihuatanejo. Vacation Homes cascade down the hillside offering panoramic views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Enjoy casual dining by the infinity pool or in the restaurant under the giant palapa roof. Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo reflects its spectacular oceanfront location in a stunning open-air design and innovative architecture. Terraces offer sweeping ocean views from every angle. Uniquely designed villas feature hand-cut tiles, wood furnishings and bright fabrics, all locally crafted to reflect the rich culture of the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Embarc Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Hotel Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Intrawest Zihuatanejo