“What a place!”

Ranked #38 of 80 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Dana Point
“What a place!”
Reviewed April 30, 2009

My wife and I stayed here adn we could not have been more pleased. The rooms, staff and overall experience could not have been better. Perhaps one of the best travel values I have run across in quite some time. An abosulute must if you are heading to Zuhuat!

MC
Dana Point, CA

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Campspeed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
california
Reviewed March 14, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Casa Don Francisco in January 2009 for 10 days. Erica was always there to help and offer advise about the area. The grounds, pool and room were immaculate. Lorena and Edith took care of all are needs. I have stayed at several places in the La Ropa area and this is one of the best.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aboutstyle
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed March 10, 2009

When I thought it couldn't possible get any better, Erica and her sister, Edid, surprise me with something new. This was my fifth year spending the month of February. As always, the gardens were beautiful, the infinity pool refreshing after a hard day at the beach and their restaurant La Perla. This year Edid showed off her cooking talents with some delicious food at breakfast. This was over and above the eggs any style, frijoles, fresh fruits, fresh squeezed orange juice, toasted bolillos, freshly made tortillas, cereal and yogurt. Her special dishes included: nopales( sauteed cactus), chilaquilles (yum), carne de puerco en salsa, and home made tamales, double yum. My mouth is still watering! Erica is meticulous about cleanliness and maintenance. The wooden support beams were all being oiled and the ceiling fans removed, cleaned and repainted. Edid's kitchen is the cleanest I've ever been in and I observed her (during our little cooking lesson) wash, rinse and drain the peruano beans at least five times before putting them in the pot to boil. Erica is very helpful in setting up other adventures. This year Frederique took us on his panga to Manzanillo Bay snorkeling. Experienced in Scuba, and concerned for the sea life and coral, Frederique made this more than just your average snorkeling trip. His information was interesting and he pointed out other things that would have gone unnoticed. What makes Erica's hotel sucessful with guests returning year after year is her commitment to excellent service. The rest of her staff work very hard to make this the perfect place to stay. Erica invariably asks me what she can do to make my stay nicer. She accepts all suggestion and welcomes feedback. The only drawback was that I left feeling I hadn't stayed long enough. I also left with a torta in my purse. Erica made me a ham and panella cheese sandwhich for the long flight home. Yum!! Thanks, Erica and Edid and the rest of the Casa Don staff! I love you all! Next year, seis semanas!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank SenoritaClaudia
California
Reviewed March 5, 2009

We just returned from our daughter's wedding in Zihuatanejo. We stayed at Casa Don Francisco. The staff was wonderful. They cooked us breakfast to order, greeted us with cold drinks, arranged taxis, and just made us feel incredibly welcome. Our room had a private infinity pool and beautiful view, so even at night we could enjoy cooling off under the stars. The beach is a very short walk away, and they reserved beach chairs and umbrellas down the beach in front of their restaurant. It is a beautiful place to relax at very affordable prices.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank MFSSantaBarbara
Oceanside, CA
Reviewed February 24, 2009

The ambiance, rooms and tropical gardens were gorgeous. Erica and her staff made us feel like family visiting from out of town. With only 8 rooms available on site, they were able to provide a personal touch that one would not get at the bigger resorts. The price includes a full service custom breakfast on a common terrace with the other guests overlooking the ocean.

The sounds of the ocean were relaxing and in the mornings we were greeted by pleasant bird chirpings.

Located on a hill overlooking the ocean and seconds to the beach.

I would definitely return to this quaint and special hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank surfermom08
madcity
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Although the property is unique, they certainly can not control their "neighbors". Unfortunately, this made our stay a challenge. A loud barking dog 3 nights in a row that everyone in all 8 rooms were up. Finally, a dog catcher was called and it was muzzled and removed. Then, of course, never travel during Holy Week. The guy next door rents out his bathrooms for a buck....long lines....and then he made a fire pit burning trees, stumps, etc and the lovely pool area was filled with noxious smoke, you had to either lock yourself in your room or leave the property. Although the place is adorable, the surrounding area is NOT!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wine&*vines
Bay St. Louis, MS
Reviewed January 21, 2009

Hotel Casa Don Francisco exceeded our expectations for a romantic belated honeymoon. The boutique style hotel was an absolute piece of paradise. The rustic architect featuring stucco, ornate tile work, thatched and tiled roofs, beautiful pools, indian relics and awesome wood craftsmanship added to the great views offered by this lush tropical escape. The room, El Ostion, was just awesome, views to die for, a truly romantic experience. The staff was extremely professional and accomodating; they truly took pride in their work and all of them had endless smiles that greated you every leg of the stay. My wife and I are counting the days until we can go back.

• Liked — Views, Accomadations, Staff, Architecture
  • Disliked — stairs, need to be able to handle a little walking!!!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BayKingfisher